• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlie Wolf
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2013

Ok, so, I don't mind the snow but

I do mind it when the road department pushes all the snow in front of MY car. I live on a corner of a busy road and a small road and don't have a driveway. I park it on the smaller side street which doesn't get all that much traffic. Only the sheriff and I park on that road so there is plenty of space going up that road which is two sections divided by an "alley". I realize that under these conditions plow residue is inevitable. I do however resent it when the plow starts at the top of the hill, another block away and plows the WHOLE thing right up against my car. At 67, I certainly can't go out to shovel that much highly packed in snow and I don't think I should be paying someone to haul that pile away. Now I know darn well this is NOT necessary because when the sheriff, my nice neighbor has his car parked out there overnight when it snowed it does not happen to him, some...yes, but not a road and a half worth. Somehow they go around him...no huge pile. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr

End of rant. Just had to get it out of me :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.
  • bubba
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: Ok, so, I don't mind the snow but

I'd call the city shops and complain....that's ridiculous!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2013

I just got off the phone with them. She said she'd see what they can do once it slows down and they catch up on some of the roads. I told her this keeps happening and it did last year too. I'm hoping that at least the next time it might not be so bad. I was hoping they would send that D#@!! small town truck that did it in the first place to move some of it. Turns out the kid that mows my lawn just drove up and he was out there and started shoveling it. What a sweetie he is. However, the next time I see it happening I'm going to run out and lay down in front of my car and see if they get the hint then. Granted they'll probably just run over me or start referring to me as that crazy old lazy that lives across from the sheriff.
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• bubba
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
        However, the next time I see it happening I'm going to run out and lay down in front of my car and see if they get the hint then. Granted they'll probably just run over me or start referring to me as that crazy old lazy that lives across from the sheriff.
        Those are they type people we would call '414'........
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Granny Fran
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by bubba View Post
          Those are they type people we would call '414'........
          When I worked we called them 286's (Dx code). You poor thing. Maybe they can give you some kind of exemption card to place on your vehicle like they do for handicappers so they know not to plow you in. Could that nice sheriff help you out any??
          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
          Aesop

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2013

Ok so what is a 414??? It's not that I don't expect some residue that normally would pile up as a result of plows going by and such. You know like when they plow past someones driveway, that's just part of winter. What I don't expect is them to use right smack in front of my car as the town snow plow dump for two streets. That's pretty much off the wall particularly when there are spots where it could easily be piled instead. I just figure the guy is having an off day and is brain dead, either that or he is hung over and decided to get even with the world!

Comment

• Bubby
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

The road crew guy used to do that to me, too. It's a real problem. I finally called City Hall and they straightened it out for me.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2013

That's what I'm keeping my fingers crossed for too Buddy :-)

Comment

• MayinJerset
                  Missouri Star
                  • May 2012

Hardly any houses on the other side of our street but the snow is always plowed on our side blocking our just cleared driveways. Once DH kept clearing the snow and the plow kept pushing it back so DH began shoveling the snow into the street. Plow guy had the cops come to tell DH that's a No No. Cop understood DH's and others on our street's frustration but he said he couldn't stop the plowing.
                  Last edited by MayinJerset; January 6, 2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2013

Quiltingtrish, actually that's one spot I didn't think about in all of this. Hummmm, as it is, no one ever parks on the other side of the street LOL. So now I'm more pissed. Not only are there many places on my side of the street to dump this but also the WHOLE other side! I swear to you I don't know who the driver is but I don't think I've ever done anything to piss him off. Heck, the garbage men like me and are always so sweet.

MayinJerset, the police, would be the Sheriff, my neighbor. He'd probably give them a tongue lashing.

Comment

Working...
                    X