PDA

View Full Version : New forum members

irishrn
January 5th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Has everyone noticed how many new members have joined since early December?
It seems like we have a few being added every day!
How cool is that???

Carrie J
January 5th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Yes I have, and think it's really pretty cool! Let the "enabling" begin..................ROFL!

Cathy F
January 5th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Yes, new members every day. A big hello to all of you and welcome!

Vonnie
January 5th, 2015, 09:15 PM
resistence is futile! :icon_giggle:

auntiemern
January 5th, 2015, 09:37 PM
The past 6 months have seen many new members. I think we had quite a few join after the blog told the story of the forum ornaments. I think a lot of people don't realize that there is a forum or how awesome it is. The new members need to check out the groups and see if any thing interests them. Great causes, great groups.

RockinLou
January 6th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I'm relatively new, I didn't find it from a blog, I found it from searching 'quilting forum' ... Which I was searching for because the Cloth Diaper Forum I was super active in for about 5 years is no longer relevant to my life. Also, a local Mommies forum I was a part of for a long time has dwindled down to non-existence. So, I was looking for a new place to chat that is not Facebook!!

I'm pretty happy here so far, though I confess that I sew lots of things that aren't quilts, and I wish there were a section of the forum for the other types of sewists too!

Over40momma
January 6th, 2015, 01:23 PM
So lovely to see! A big Canadian WELCOME to all the new folks here. RockinLou, you can post stuff on other sewing in the General Topics.....we love everything! Quilts just happen to be our passion.

Sheep Farmer
January 6th, 2015, 01:41 PM
I am also one of the new members here.
I am very new to quilting after having joined an informal quilting club in town back in December.
I was going through a bunch of online tutorials and discovered all of Jenny's tut's.
That's when I decided to check out the M* website and found the Forum!
Now I wish I had discovered quilting YEARS ago!!

motherhenfromsouthken
January 8th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I'm one of the newbies and still finding my way around. I love reading everyone from all over the world. Thanks. Jan

Juliet Taylor
January 8th, 2015, 11:22 AM
I'm new too but I'm so excited to see so many new members!!

WendyI
January 8th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Welcome to all the newbies on the forum. It is getting more and more difficult to keep everyone straight! Well for me anyway! lol. This is the greatest, most caring group of peeps on the web...if you're here you're fortunate indeed! It's really the best forum I have found. welcome again to you all!

Meghan Plamondon
January 8th, 2015, 10:09 PM
There is no cure! Dont fight it, just give in,lol.

Tina W
January 9th, 2015, 12:02 AM
It's great to see so many new members. I would like to say HI to all the new members and enjoy this forum it is a wonderful place to visit.

snippet
January 9th, 2015, 01:43 AM
I'm pretty happy here so far, though I confess that I sew lots of things that aren't quilts, and I wish there were a section of the forum for the other types of sewists too!
Welcome to the group! You can post anyways..... if more people posted their non-quilt stuff, you'll be amazed to find others here with like interests. I went ahead and posted a photo of my candle mats - they weren't made with fabric nor were they quilted. I just hand stitched them.

Have you tried threadbias? It's a cool site too.