PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward

LRM
January 4th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Good Sunday Morning!

Yesterday I got all the decorations down, boxed and into storage. It always feels soooo good to get it all taken down. In addition, I cleaned completely -- moving all the furniture to vacuum, clearing away all the clutter, and generally making my house feel squeaky clean. Such a great way to start the new year and to literally get my house in order prior to returning to work on Monday.

I have a long list of creative projects for 2015. I'm in the mulling mode where I'm designing and thinking about fabrics rather than doing anything. I'm hoping to get a project going today to overcome the fear. Yep, fear. I always worry that I'll make a bad decision and waste fabric! That is one of the behaviors I'm trying to correct this year by engaging in some creative task each day. I've even started a private blog to keep track of my efforts.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday doing whatever brings you joy -- sewing, reading, going to church, or just spending a quiet day.

pcbatiks
January 4th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Hi Louise........we just put away our boxes of Christmas decorations too! :D It did feel good.......even though I do enjoy looking at the lights on the tree. I think I am in mulling mode also. Have plenty of projects I want to make.......just trying to decide which one to tackle first. I believe that we have all experienced the fear of ruining pretty fabric at some point. :)

Juliet Taylor
January 4th, 2015, 09:09 PM
I'll take them off tomorrow .) In Italy the 6th of January is the last festivity day because it's "Befana Day". Befana is an old lady who flies on her broom and bring candies and toys to good children and coal to the ones who not well behaved. The night between the 5th and the 6th January she drops the items in the stockings the children hanged on the chimney leaving for her a refreshment made of oranges, cookies and something to drink (it's a long night for an old lady!)
It's tradition to put off Christmas decorations after she comes :) But I'll guess I'll do it tomorrow when I'll have some quiet time to do it. I'll miss my Christmas tree! it's always my fav part

LRM
January 5th, 2015, 10:06 AM
My step daughter and her family lived in Spain when her oldest was 5-6 years old. His birthday is on Jan. 6 (Day of the Kings) and he thought the parade and festivities were for him! It is fun to hear about different traditions (and explanations for them) from around the world. If I didn't need to return to work today I would have left them up. In fact, last night my daughter and her husband returned from visiting his family in Wisconsin and he brought me a new snowman (I collect them). He was a bit disappointed that I'd already taken down the decorations so that his couldn't be added.

I love the lights on the tree. I considered leaving the tree with lights up a little longer!

Happy New year!