PDA

View Full Version : Happy new year!

Mpyles
January 1st, 2015, 08:16 AM
Happy new year all! I'm up and off to do inventory! Have a fantastic new year!!

Bubby
January 1st, 2015, 08:32 AM
There's nothing like getting an early start on your new year, Mary! Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2015.

Suzette
January 1st, 2015, 08:34 AM
Happy New Year everyone! I hope it is a year full of fun, family, love, laughter, good health and of course, lots and lots of quilt time! :icon_happy:

Blondie
January 1st, 2015, 09:26 AM
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY New Year to all ! God bless us, everyone! I have to work as well, today. BUT, big old dinner for my crew this evening. YAY.

Monique
January 1st, 2015, 09:30 AM
Happy New Year everyone.

We were a small gang here last night. My in-laws left early. I did not think I would make it to midnight but I hung in there like an old wet sock and then crashed.

Phil, Jodi and the girls are leaving today to visit with Jodi's dad. I loved having them here but I am looking forward to a little quiet time. Greg is still here and I think he will leave on Saturday.

What do I have planned for today? Wash more dishes of course.

Have a great day everyone.

Andrea F
January 1st, 2015, 10:00 AM
Happy New Year to all of you! May the new year be healthy and prosperous, filled with joy, laughter and love. :)

We had a quiet-ish evening yesterday. My baby sister was with us and the boys. we had homemade pizza and a lot of fun, watched the second Hobbit film because we plan to go see the third part soon. Watched the fireworks and then DS went home. I've been up until five in the morning and nowhere to go to today. I guess it will be a sewing day for me today.

I am in a disgustingly good mood today, listening to the new Nickelback album and 'dancing' in my chair right now while writing this. Sending some of the good vibes over to you all - have a wonderful first day of 2015 everyone!

buckeyequilter
January 1st, 2015, 10:22 AM

Good morning.....

I've been up since about 5:30 and have taken the ornaments off the tree and am ready to pack them up. DH will take the tree down and put it away. I have my quilted Christmas things in the washer along with the Christmas towels.

I had to do a complete recovery on my comptuer this morning. Now need to reinstall my programs....ugggh! The only thing I have on here right now is my antivirus program.

Well off to take pills, find some food, get the ornament container in and then I'm heading to my quilting room.

Have a wonderful day!!!! Prayers and hugs.

Sonic
January 1st, 2015, 10:26 AM
Happy New year everyone!

easyquilts
January 1st, 2015, 10:30 AM
Happy New Year, Everyone!

I have a good feeling about 2015... It has to be better than 2014 was... Right?

Has anyone made any redolutions? I don't do resolutions....because I know I 'll break them...but I do have goals. No t quite sure what they are...just yet....but I'm pretty sure finishing up my growing pile of WIPS...that are quickly becoming UFO's....is near the top of the list....

I want to thank you all again, for being such a loving support this year,,,,and before... I've always known I coukd come here, and find lots of hugs....

Wishing you ALL a great 2015!

LRM
January 1st, 2015, 10:43 AM
Good morning and happy new year! Because my step-daughter and the grandkids were delayed by weather and only arrived yesterday I am leaving the tree and decor up until the weekend after they leave. I'm anxious to clean up (doesn't it feel so good to take it all down?) but we just opened gifts last night!

I don't do resolutions, per se, but do choose a focus for the year. This year I want to honor my creative side (in my "real" life I'm a professor doing academic research) and do something with my hands each day. I've included organizing on that list because if things are organized I can be more creative. I even started a blog (which I'm not planning to share, but might in the future) to "journal" my deeds.

I live a charmed life and am so grateful for it. I have a husband of nearly 30 years who adores me. I have wonderful children who are kind and generous to others (what more could I ask for). My parents are still alive and well (at 81 and 86) and bring me so much joy.

Happy New Year, on and all! May you find peace and happiness in each day.

ravelim
January 1st, 2015, 11:05 AM
Happy New Year's to everyone. May everyone feel the joy and peace we feel. Smile for your health and joy.

JCY
January 1st, 2015, 11:10 AM
Morning, All ~ A new year of uncharted waters. DH thought he wouldn't make it through 2014, but he's still here. I hope he will be with me for a long time yet. He's not able to do a lot, but he does what he can to help -- write out bills, keep the checking acct. balanced daily, helps with the D/W, etc. Small things, but they all help. Most of all I appreciate his companionship & prayers. He spends much of his time in his favorite chair reading his Bible & inspirational Christian books. He has "devoured" Don Piper's books about heaven--read them several times, as well as other books about heaven.

I hope to complete some UFOs -- mostly tops that need to be sandwiched & quilted. I'd like to finish that Storm-at-Sea, as well as some other projects. I'm trying to be a good girl & shop my stash. lol The DD today was tempting, but it's too many blues. I like the Stonehenge fabrics, but I like more variety of color.

Glad to hear the new baby is here; what a chunk! My firstborn weighed 9 lb. 5 oz. He was lucky is he wore those newborn sizes once or twice. They all were like new when his bro. came along. I hope all will be well with mom & baby.

I wish you all good health and a Happy New Year!

Sandy Navas
January 1st, 2015, 11:21 AM
Ahh, blissfully sound asleep when we heard the fireworks, I rolled over, peeked at the clock and saw it read 11:59, so I woke the man and together we welcomed 2015. Hoping this day brings peace!

Hoping today will be spent stitching things - no real plans right now. My goal for the year is to record everything I do though - with notes and pictures. AND LABELS. I've been so bad about getting labels on things and I need to correct that immediately.

Sylvia H
January 1st, 2015, 11:28 AM
Reposting my New Year's wish here, as some may have missed it on a previous post: I hope, for everyone, those things that bring you joy, strength to deal with difficult situations, successful endeavors, the ability to turn failure into something positive, the love and support of the people who love you and whom you love, and unexpected wonderful surprises sprinkled throughout the year.

Simply Quilting
January 1st, 2015, 02:43 PM
Happy New Year!!!! We went to an early start college basketball game last night with the in-laws and had a wonderful time. Then just came home and spent the rest of the night at home. I got the jelly roll top finished that I had started earlier in the day.

Today ordered the backing and binding for the quilts that the boys are going to make.

I am planning on getting the top done today for a quilt for a friend's Dad. And just enjoy the day.

Have a wonderful 2015 everyone :)

Carrie J
January 1st, 2015, 03:00 PM
A very New Year y'all! Hubs is putting up the Christmas decorations, breakfast is done, and off to the sewing room!! May this New Year have many, many Blessings, prosperity, good times, health, joy and contentment for all here on this Forum!!!! Off to putter and sew, and enjoy an otherwise, rainy, cold gloomy day........I figure the lights in my sewing room will take care of the gloom factor, I know the fabric wil!!! LOL!!

MayinJerset
January 1st, 2015, 04:22 PM
96352May have posted this before but nothing wrong with wishing everyone a Happy New Year once more. Quiet day, put gifts away and took care of wrappings and began putting some Christmas stuff away although we'll leave the tree up until next weekend. Sorted the mail and all bills set aside until tomorrow as my grandfather always said what you do today you'll do all year long.