PDA

View Full Version : What a way to end 2014!

shermur
January 1st, 2015, 07:30 AM
My sweet Navy daughter, Ashley, went into labor at 1 AM, 12/30/14. After a rough near 30 hours and complications, she gave birth to my official new grand-son! Connor Lee Davies arrived at 4:53 AM, 12/31/14 weighing in at 9.5 ;bs, 21 inches long. Connor was much bigger than estimated. Ashley is sick and hasn't gotten to hold him yet, he was rushed to the NICU for observation, since the birth was complicated. Ashley called last night to inform me that Connor is stable, but he did experience two seizures yesterday and he hasn't nursed yet. I'm so worried, yet very grateful that Ashley husband made it home in time for Connor's birth. Please send prayers up for Connor and Ashley that all goes well and that they can go home soon......

Jean Sewing Machine
January 1st, 2015, 07:35 AM
Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson! Hope mom and babe can get well quickly and go home! I'm sure it is difficult for you not to be there and help out. My prayers for all of you!

Mpyles
January 1st, 2015, 08:14 AM
Yay, your grand baby is here! Prayers for mom and babe and grandma! Hugs!!

Suzette
January 1st, 2015, 08:33 AM
congratulations on your new, sweet grand baby! He and mama will be firmly in my prayers.

Bubby
January 1st, 2015, 08:35 AM
Congratulations, Sherri, on your beautiful grandson! My prayers are with Ashley, Connor and you. I hope they get to come home soon. I know you can't wait to get your hands on Connor.

quiltingtrish
January 1st, 2015, 08:45 AM
What a handsome little guy! Prayers coming for your new grandson and your daughter.
I hope she gets to hold him today too.

Blondie
January 1st, 2015, 09:24 AM
Nothing gives us more hope than a brand spanking new baby. Congrats to all Sherri - you know y'all have my prayers on this birth continuing. Big hugs and many blessings to you.

Blondie

Monique
January 1st, 2015, 09:32 AM
Congratulations Sherri. Prayers for little Connor and the rest of the family.

Andrea F
January 1st, 2015, 09:46 AM
Congratulations on the brand new grandbaby Sherri. Will keep you all in my thoughts and hope that he gets well quickly.

grannyann
January 1st, 2015, 09:49 AM
Congrats on the new grandson and pray mom and baby are doing well. and will continue to get better.

buckeyequilter
January 1st, 2015, 10:12 AM
Congratulations!!!!!

Sonic
January 1st, 2015, 10:23 AM
Congrats on your new family addition! Thoughts and prayers for his improvement and that she can hold him very soon!
My son had to spend time in the NICU and I know exactly how she feels.

Marebear
January 1st, 2015, 10:52 AM
Congrats on the new grandson!! Many good thoughts and prayers sent for them both.

Kgrammiecaz
January 1st, 2015, 10:53 AM
No better way to start anew than a new life. He is a cutie. I will add prayers for them both for a speedy recovery.

MayinJerset
January 1st, 2015, 10:56 AM
Welcome to Connor and pray that all problems will be taken care of and mom will be holding him soon.

Sandy Navas
January 1st, 2015, 11:09 AM
What a handsome young lad - and tax deduction - praying for a quick recovery for both Mommy and Connor. I'll bet Dad is popping buttons proudly, too - though he didn't do all the work!

Congratulations, Grandma Sherri.

ravelim
January 1st, 2015, 11:10 AM
Congrats on a new miracle. Babies are the best. Prayers for all.

Ginny B
January 1st, 2015, 11:11 AM
Congratulations Sherri. I hope mom and baby get well soon. I'm glad your soon-in-law was there.

Sheep Farmer
January 1st, 2015, 11:16 AM
Congratulations on your new g'son.
My positive thoughts and prayers go out to Ashley and Connor.

Sylvia H
January 1st, 2015, 11:20 AM
Sending positive and healing thoughts out for Connor and Ashley.

songbird857
January 1st, 2015, 12:10 PM
Congrats, Grandma! Praying that your daughter and baby are well and will go home soon :)

share60
January 1st, 2015, 12:30 PM
Congratulations oh the joy of a new baby!!Prayers being said for Ashley and CONNOR and Connor dad and for you too Sherrixxxxx

Claire Hallman
January 1st, 2015, 12:35 PM
What a whopper, hope all the problems resolve quickly with no repercussions.
I was glad to see that his Dad made it there in time, hope that bonds them all like super glue.
I know you are a proud new granny, congratulations, enjoy your new role.

pcbatiks
January 1st, 2015, 01:51 PM
Congrats on your new grandson and prayers for him and Ashley.

GuitarGramma
January 1st, 2015, 02:01 PM
What a handsome baby! Congratulations on being a new gramma, and please know that I'll pray for all your loved ones.

Simply Quilting
January 1st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Congratulations on the new grandson!!!! Prayers as they recover.

ilive2craft2
January 1st, 2015, 02:45 PM
He is gorgeous! Congratulations! Prayers continuing for all of you.

bscuzz
January 1st, 2015, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the World little Connor Lee Davies . . . Congratulations to the new Grandma . . . . Congratulations Mommy and Daddy, thank you for your service Daddy - - and 'prayers' that things improve for Mommy and Baby to come home, to fall in love and get acquainted!

easyquilts
January 1st, 2015, 03:03 PM
Congratulations on Connor's birth... I can only imagine how worried you must be, especially since you can't be there yo help. Prayers for all of you....especially girls that sweet baby....

You're going to love bring a grandmother !

laura44
January 1st, 2015, 03:55 PM
Congratulations on your new grandson! What a blessing.
Prayers being said for baby and mom.

Dollyquilts
January 1st, 2015, 03:59 PM
Sherry, he's gorgeous. He is so big and filled out. Prayers for Ashley and Connor to quickly recover and heal and be home. I know Ashley is anxious to get to hold that little guy. Keep us informed about what's going on with them. Prayers for you as well. I know it must be so hard not to be there.

Dolly

Genny
January 1st, 2015, 06:32 PM
Congrats on your new grandson! Hugs and prayers to your daughter, baby and family.

shermur
January 1st, 2015, 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone and Ashley sure appreciates all of the prayers.....I talked to her earlier and she still hasn't gotten to hold him as she is still sick. She stated Connor had a mild seizure this morning and later on he was somewhat responsive. Daddy Dustin took some more photos today....I got to see his hair!

K. McEuen
January 1st, 2015, 07:08 PM
Wow, he sure doesn't look like a newborn in those last two pictures! Hopefully mom and baby will get to spend some quality time together soon.

maxwellthecat
January 2nd, 2015, 12:05 AM
My thoughts and prayers are on there way for all of you.

stationarymom
January 2nd, 2015, 02:26 AM
Congrats on the new grandson! Prayers for the whole family coming your way.

dlsnaples
January 2nd, 2015, 03:40 AM
Sending prayers and hugs your way. Connor looks good. Ashley should be able to be with him today. That will do them both a world of good. Ashley is probably starting to pump her breasts to stimulate the milk production. When she starts producing drops of colostrum, have her ask the nurses to save for Connor. Every drop is liquid gold for him.

mommamarsh
January 2nd, 2015, 04:13 AM
Prayer and good thoughts for you all .

shermur
January 3rd, 2015, 06:54 AM
Well, I was told yesterday that I call too much, that I call at the wrong times and it's very evident my daughter, Ashley, is on high emotional over-whelment. She's still sick, she still hasn't gotten to hold Connor; she did state that he had a blood transfusion since his blood level was low at the time of delivery. She also stated that he was to have an MRI yesterday, but it has been rescheduled for Monday, the 5th. Ashley stated I could be put on the NICU list to call, but I still haven't received the number to do so.

I know, I can admit I am a worrisome granny. And, I can accept that no news, is good news? My faith in the military hospital Ashley and Connor are admitted to is very skeptical! So, I'll giv e Ashley her space and a chance to get better. Hopefully she'll call today and be in better spirits....

Eriepatch
January 3rd, 2015, 09:44 AM
Sherri, I can only imagine how hard it is for you to have to wait for news. Also how Ashley must be feeling.
Praying that Ashley and the baby will both come through this with a great outcome.
Thinking of you.

alliek
January 4th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Congratulations on Connor and prayers for Ashley and Connor's health. God's blessings.

Cathy F
January 5th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Congratulations! The best way to start off the NewYear! Continued health for baby and mama.

Iris Girl
January 5th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Congratulations on the brand new grandson Sherri!

shermur
January 5th, 2015, 09:12 AM
The latest update on Ashley and Connor:

Ashley was released from the hospital late yesterday; she is still sick with what is called a RSV virus that is a danger to newborn babies. She still hasn't gotten to hold or nurse Connor yet. She has been given Zoloft to calm her nerves and depressive state.

Connor is to have an MRI today to evaluate on whether any brain damage incurred during labor/delivery due to the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and oxygen level compromised......my prayer is that he is OK. Connor received his second feeding yesterday with formula/breast milk. Connor is still being medicated for seizures. Please keep Ashley and Connor in your prayers.

I would love to be in California right now, but I feel Ashley and her husband need to have this time to themselves without intrusion. My son-in-law goes back on duty after Jan 16th and I may be able to work all things considered out to get to California to help out.

Madeforyouinma11
January 5th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Congratulations on Connors arrival. Keeping all of you in my prayers that Connor is well enough to come home real soon!

MRoy
January 5th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Prayers for good results from Connor's MRI. Prayers for his mom and dad and for you too.

Over40momma
January 6th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Sherri my thoughts and prayers are with little Connor and his mom.....they both need to get well. And special prayers to you as worrying and being far away is so stressful. :icon_hug:

alliek
January 6th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Sherry, It must be so difficult for you at this time. I know I would want to know minute by minute of what is happening! Praying for your peace of mind and heart and all good things for Ashley and Connor. Blessings.

K. McEuen
January 6th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Hoping you all have found something out about Connor today.

My nephew (now 32) was born with the cord wrapped around his neck twice. What really surprised the doctors that delivered him was that it was also tied in a true knot. He made a loop and swam through it when he was a tiny thing. He turned out just fine, the only issue he ever had was needing tubes in his ears as a toddler.

ilive2craft2
January 6th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Sherri, you are all still in my prayers. Glad you may be able to be there soon. Give them all a hug when you get there.

shermur
January 7th, 2015, 06:53 AM
The latest on Ash and Connor!

Well, quilty friends....you have proved over again! I am so blessed to have each and everyone of you in life; it is very evident your prayers and well wishes are working. Keep the prayers coming.

Ashley is getting better, she's still not cleared to hold Connor, but hopefully it will be soon. Connor is no longer isolated and no more feeding tube. He can take a bottle (this may be frustrating for Ashley when she attempts to nurse Connor for the first time). He's becoming more alert; the MRI didn't happen Monday, I believe they are going to do the MRI today. Connor is still being medicated for the seizures and the doctors need to look at all avenues regarding the seizures. Ashley stated last night, that hopefully Connor will be home by next week, but it's an estimate.....

Thank you again for all of your support......

MayinJerset
January 7th, 2015, 07:56 AM
News is looking up for both of them and prayers are containing that they both are A OK soon and home together. Connor's so big and cute with his little hat and Dad looks so proud holding him.

shermur
January 8th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Well, the latest update!

Great news, ya'll....prayers thus far are being answered! Ashley told me last night that she was holding her son after his 1 week arrival and he possibly gets to come home today!!!!! I found some pics to compare, since the new mommy and daddy are kidding eachother who Connor looks like...what do you all think?

97033 Ashley holding Connor
97034 Uncle Stephen at 1 week
97035 Ashley at 1 week
97036 Halona at 1 week (Ashley is holding her at the age of 9)

ilive2craft2
January 12th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Fantastic news Sherri! Love seeing all of the pics of this big little guy! I think he looks like his mom, but I am sure he is really a blend of the best from both parents. :)

Eriepatch
January 12th, 2015, 08:25 PM
I'd have to see pictures from the daddy's side of the family but it would take some doing
to make him not look like Ashley's side :)
Glad to see them doing better!