PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning! Let's Welcome Saturday!

Blondie
August 27th, 2011, 07:43 AM

Hey Ladies

We made it to Saturday! Irene is hitting the NC coast, our wind is gusting with some fairly strong, stiff clips and some rain is expected. Praying for all my east coast family, friends for safety. Be safe.
This has truly been a year of violent weather for the world. I think I mentioned the other day that while reading (after the earthquake of Tues) that when Va was last hit by a large magnitude quake it was in 1897, followed later in the week by a hurricane. Interesting weather patterns. One of my friends in Colorado has a hubs that works in the weather industry studying patterns and he gives strong argument for weather cycles in increment of every so many years - blizzards, tornadic activity, hurricanes, quakes, etc. I am thankful that we live where we do, relatively boring weather for the most part. I am still praying for those in New Zealand, Japan, Austrailia - all who have been so hard hit by severe events this year.

Now let's think of how much fun we can have this weekend! I for one am going to dance my way around the salon this morning, as it is my morning of fun friends. I get to get my groove on with some funky stuff and shake off the fried, dyed and laid to the side styles of Fridays.

Check in later, gators. Be safe, keep your eyes on the sky and most of all, Don't worry, be happy. I love your SMILE!

Loonwatcher
August 27th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Love your cheery starts to my day Blondie. It's great to start with a smile.

Even though we have renters in, we are going up to camp today to "batten down the hatches"; or, in our case, tie down the boat and grill and pick up the lawn furniture (wish the neighbors would do the same, but I doubt it). Also need to open our 2nd culvert which is usually dry; but for the first time since we've owned the place (about 5 yrs) we had a heavy rain this spring that flooded our backyard (not from the lake, just from the rain) and the road until we opened the 2nd culvert. We usually just use the dry culvert to run power under the road to the shed in the back yard. Our property (as all others on this camp road) is split by the road. Camp on the lake side of the road (about like a driveway) and the backyard on the other side. Anyway, gotta button things up and tie things down. Hope Irene doesn't wash away our new gardens.

Have a great day. Stay dry!

oldgurl4
August 27th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Good Morning :icon_cool: SUNSHINE!
The Only Ray of Sunshine left for the Day in NC .....

You! ~Blondie~:D

Glad to hear you are going to be OK and will be able to enjoy the weekend.

I just got in to work....:icon_bah:
and the smell of Freshly Brewed Coffee's got me SMILING!! already. :D

To all of you friends in the East Coast... Stay Safe....

I got the house light up in candles... It almost looks light a Lighthouse at this Point.....LOL

~Praying for all of You.~

:icon_tup: :icon_wave:

pisceslibra
August 27th, 2011, 08:18 AM
good morning hope everyone has a great day cant wait for nap time we have been up since 4 this morning with the kids i think they dont know how to sleep in on a saturday lol my thoughts are to the people effected my all this wired weather pattern. i live in fl and we have some of the wildest weather here one min we will have a bad thunder storm and the next the sun will be out like we just didnt have any rain and sometimes it will rain across the street from you house and it wont rain at your house and all the hurricanes but i wouldnt want to live anywhere else i love fl i hate the cold weather up north the snow and ice and stuff dont ever think i could deal with that i love my warm weather

bec
August 27th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Good morning, all.

Blondie, I'm glad you are safe and able to dance around your shop this morning. I hope all my quilting friends stay safe and sound. When I first heard of Irene, they were predicting it to hit Florida. My daughter lives in Miami Beach so I was a little concerned, but fortunately, Irene decided to veer east - lucky for a lot of folks on the south eastern coastline. Those of you that aren't so lucky...be sure to check in and let us know you're okay. You are in my prayers.

Today, I'm going to do easy stuff like quilt, run to the store, and make some granola. I'm suppose to cut my husband's hair. I might put that off to tomorrow if I can get away with it. :) Blondie, I need you right around the corner. Then maybe I could sen him your way!

I ordered the Daily Special yesterday plus more of the Coming Home charms and a couple of packs of buttercup charms. I ordered a couple of quilting toys as well. I'll have plenty to do this fall and winter. :)

I've gotten a few bites on the "Rate your sewing machine" post. I'm hoping for some more. I'm going to be finishing my baby quilt soon and then we'll be going to visit my son for a few days. At some point, after that, I'm going to travel around to different sewing machine dealers and play with machines. I'll write down the models for the ones I like the best and review them some more before actually buying one. I'm wondering if I wait until the holidays, if I'll find some good deals? I can make quilt tops on my 35 year old Necchi and be ready to FMQ them after I get my machine. It's going to be such fun!

Hope everyone has a safe weekend! Talk to ya later.

Granny Judy
August 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Ok.. Floridians!! You got my attention and, Yes, I love your MILD winters. DD#1 lives down there and I need to make reservations for this year's Winter months.. but can't seem to pack all I "need" into suitcases. I wonder if she would allow me to use one of HER 2 machines.. (she names hers and has them set up to recognize only her)

I'm being pestered by a cat who can jump from floor to ceiling and land in MY lap.. no matter where I sit.. So will just say a quick Good Morning and God Bless

Sandy Navas
August 27th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Good morning, all.
I can make quilt tops on my 35 year old Necchi and be ready to FMQ them after I get my machine. It's going to be such fun!

Hope everyone has a safe weekend! Talk to ya later.

I have two Necchi's that I still use off and on - but they are much older. Bought the first one in 1962 . . . and it still sews like a charm.

Sandy Navas
August 27th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Al sat and read some twitter comments to me from people in the path of Irene - some scary things going on. I'm amazed at the number of people who try to 'ride it out' - like one guy he mentioned on a 35 foot sail boat. On his way to the Pearly Gates??

Saddened to hear of our local Lifeflight helicopter going down last night and taking the pilot, two medical EMTs and the patient. May they rest in peace. So sad.

Al says he's finally headed outside to start picking up the rest of the debris the tree guys didn't get the other day. Guess that means I'm out there either driving the tractor or helping load. Come on up, Suzi Que - it's Stick Party Time!!

Be safe, everyone!!!! Prayers for those in need, hugs to everyone today. BIG HUGS!!

bakermom
August 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Off to entertain GD so son can mow for a while. Blue sky and sunshine right now but I'm sure that will change over the next few days. I hope all of you have a safe weekend, especially those of you in irene's path.

Bubby
August 27th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Blondie, I have visions of you getting your groove on in the shop with your funky music...You Go Girl!!!!

All of you in Irene's path stay safe...my prayers are with you. Be sure and send us a post ASAP after the weather has passed your area. We understand there could be power outages that could prevent you from doing this, but as soon as you can please!

Hugs and prayers....Barb

janluna
August 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Good Morning everyone! Only got about 3 hours sleep last night, but I may be able to catch a nap to make up for it this afternoon. I hope.
Lots of chores to do first. It's shopping day today. That always takes a hunk out of me. My Joe too. He is having a hard time getting around. We both need to lose weight. Maybe then we can have more stamina.
Well, I'm off to get it over with. I'm glad they downgraded Irene but I'm sure she will still pack a wallop! I'm praying for safety for all of you in her path.
By the way, I talked to Gina yesterday on the phone. She is getting her life back in order. She is so glad she moved back home. She said to tell everyone hello and that Abbey is all better and playing with all the kids in the neighborhood. She sounds good. There is a calmness about her and lots of cheer in her voice. God Bless her. She said thank you for the prayers.
Have a good day, Love and hugs, Jan L.

SuzyQue
August 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Sandy---sorry I can't attend your stick party today. We are having a painting party of our own. Second coat on the main bathroom and the master closet. We are getting closer, but the house is still in chaos. Might sneak in a little quilting time this afternoon while the guys mow and work on equipment. Time will tell. Really excited to finish up that new purse. Have a great day, ladies and stay safe!

patticakes
August 27th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Hello!
Been busy today cleaning up from the cleaning up I've been doing the past few days! Trying to get our main closet cleaned and when I got done there was a bigger mess to clean up out side the closet! Just got done with all my regular cleaning and laundry plus all the extra fallout from the closet! Now it's off to shower and then decide what project to work on.
It is partly sunny and nice out today but my thoughts have been with those in the path of Irene. Hope you all stay safe and don't suffer from anymore than "wicked" storm. (hey, I lived in Mass for 8 years!).
Take care!

toggpine
August 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM
No hurricanes here on the left coast, so we are working on more outside projects. Hubby is attacking more of the wood pile and I am prepping some of the equipment for winter and a new coat of paint to keep the rust at bay. I have some baby goat ears to tattoo this afternoon/evening. Tonight is some more paper work for the 4-H state fair. I'm almost done with that part of the judging contest.
Hoping for a rather uneventful day.

janluna
August 27th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Anybody here heard from Blondie? Just wondering. They said on CNN that NC had 500,000 homes out of power. They also said some places have had tornados because of the storm. Prayers are going out to all the people in the path of Irene. My DIL is in Alexandria, VA. I'm hoping she'll be ok. Also a Friend I have watched from day 1. Watched her grow into a beautiful, smart, funny wonderful young lady. Worried about her too. Oh well, I can only pray and I'm doing that plenty lately. Hugs, Jan L.

BellasQuilts
August 27th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Blondie, I am getting as addicted to your daily posts as I am quilting. Thank you for your wonderful writing and sentiments.

janluna
August 28th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Trish, How did you fare in this storm? I heard that Harrisburg also got hit. I hope you have power and that you are safe. Prayers are coming to you. Get in touch when you can so we know if you are ok. Hugs, Jan L.