PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year...

Hulamoon
December 31st, 2014, 09:51 PM
To clean out the fridge and pantry. Now hop to it!

I just did it and it felt great! I'm going to be more careful of what I buy from now on. That's one resolution down.:)

Carrie J
December 31st, 2014, 10:14 PM
Done, and Done ;)

MayinJerset
January 1st, 2015, 03:56 AM
Cleaned out leftover sour cream and plain Greek yogurt and mixed with some veggie soup mix for a small amount of dip, just enough for DH and I to have with some leftover chips and a drink to welcome in the New Year. Tomorrow will get rid of leftover desserts and sides dishes from Christmas. Plan to make a big pot of soup with odds and ends as well as some fresh veggies to get the New Year diet off to a good start.

toggpine
January 1st, 2015, 06:18 AM
Emptied out the leftovers for the dog's dinner!
The pantry - well, that is another job for another day/week. I'm really thinking the kitchen needs an overhaul and purging!
If I'm going that far, I'll be dragging out the painting gear. It's too cold to paint right now, as I can't leave the windows open to air out the space.
Once I have the painting stuff out, the main bathroom is going to get it, and probably the hall. ALL of the ceilings need it - well, you see where THAT is going don't you?
Yeah, I'm just going back into my sewing nook.

songbird857
January 1st, 2015, 12:16 PM
Did a deep clean of my bedroom yesterday - does that count? Still have the closets to do, but I love when my bedroom is clean and organized - gotta try to keep it up so it doesn't get so cluttered!

Quiltfreestyle
January 1st, 2015, 12:46 PM
MAJOR spring cleaning & decluttering is on the agenda for 2015. It won't be done in a day or even a week, this is going to be a long term project now that I am retiring,, we've lived here for almost 30 years so ther lots of decluttering needed. We still have the boys toys packed away in the garage rafters. I think it's time they all took them home. LOL

Madeforyouinma11
January 1st, 2015, 01:53 PM
Fridge is cleaned out and pantry is not too bad, just needs a quick run through. I started to declutter last year and really did a good job....BUT there are always those things that you hold onto for one reason or another so this year will be getting rid of the things I kept and don't use. Like toggpine, I have lots of painting that needs to get done so that will also be on this years list of things to get done.

Bubby
January 1st, 2015, 01:56 PM
I actually de-cluttered our pantry two weeks ago. I also got inspired and did the kitchen cabinets the same day. Not sure what was wrong with me that day!

buckeyequilter
January 1st, 2015, 02:30 PM
I will be cleaning both fridges out tomorrow. I took the tree down and put all the decorations away today....vacuumed and did the dishes....that's enough housework for one day....NOW IT'S TIME TO QUILT (or at least sit in my room and look at the mess).

quiltingtrish
January 1st, 2015, 03:11 PM
I cleaned and organized my quilt room today! Ready to sew again :)
No pantry here - it's all in my kitchen cupboards which were done about 2 weeks ago.