PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve and Auld Lang Syne *warning: ramble ahead*

Blondie
December 31st, 2014, 11:10 AM

Hello Folksies and welcome to the end of our time together this year!

I have been sleeping in late over the holiday break with the big man and staying up late as well with kith and kin. As you well know, my family far and near love to gather around a few times a year and enjoy each other's company. We do what most families do when we get together. We laugh, eat, and make merry with our memories. It seems only fitting since it is New Years Eve to have some Auld Lang Syne together with my favorite online dear ones.

I have not made New Year Resolutions since I was married to my ex. You can imagine how well they worked out. It finally occured to me that resolutions are not wishes, they are work - and generally fairly hard. Being the lazy bone that I am, I decided that the best course I could take in my life is to take time each year while everyone is scrambling to figure out what they what to do, to become, to do whatever - that rather, I will take time to reflect on what I have learned during the past year. This time also generally devolves into a thankful heart fest because in the past few years, I have all of YOU to be so very blessed by.

To say that my life is peachy keen and rosey perfect would be a real big fat fib. Most of you have been bitten once or twice in the backside by real life, right? It ain't easy but that's the way life is. The secret between me and many of you that separate us from the rest of the throng is when I get knocked down, I get back up, dust my growing derriere and keep walking. Where am I walking you ask? Into the future. Each day is our future that tomorrow will be our past. I like the fuzzy happy memories I share with my family and friends. Most of them center on the other secret - laughing at ourselves. We all know that life is serious. Wellsir, I am serious about life. I am serious about creating an attitude of thankfulness for what I have that it overshadows what I lack.

You may think that all of this is so much hyperbole; I assure you, it is the best way to face the insanity of each and every day that makes up each year. We are so out of control of world, economy, sickness, heartbreak, that if we really sit and allow the things we have no control over to dominate our minds, they eat at our emotions and leave us with hearts so heavy, we have a hard time lifting our eyes to see the promise of each day. It is an individual choice. One person taking one day at a time, looking for goodness, sharing their frailities and giving of themselves. Ah, there's the real secret . . and it can be found here on the MSQC forum each and every day. Men and women who are sharing their lives, talents and gifts each and every day.

Encouragement abound everywhere here. This forum is a well that never seems to run dry and it is because of giving. Our Jenny and family decided some time ago to freely share quilting tips and knowledge. Of course it is a marvelous marketing tool. But if you look deep into her eyes while watching the tutorials, you will see what I am speaking of. A love of sharing. Giving away part of herself only to receive much more back. The Doans have seemingly become a magnet for those looking for more than fabric and tutorials. I don't have to meet them in person to recognize the kindred spirit we share.

So, my reflections today are filled once again with thankfulness.
I am thankful for the Doans and MSQC - without them I would have never found the forums almost 5 years ago. My life has been enriched by so many members here; I am so very privileged to share my life with you and yours. Each shared story of family ups and downs, prayer requests, elations of finished projects, new births, sad farewells to loved ones - this is what makes up family!

I have also been extremely blessed to be able to send out Circle of Comfort quilts again this past year. The grand total came to 47 sent out all over the world, not just the USA. This does not include those who were made and mailed out by other members of the COC. Many recipients were members of this very forum. None of this could have been done quite as successfully without the members of the forum and their generous donations of supplies and postage.

But most of all, dearest friends - I am most thankful that I am able to sit here with a computer in front of me, living in a free country, healthy as a proverbial horse, with the love of my life. To be able to say to each of you,
"Take a cup of kindness now" and pass it around. Life is as good as you allow it to be seen. So goes the future. We really are a family here - and heckfire shoot! Y'all just know how much I love my family. Here's to our own Auld Lang Syne.

Shirley
December 31st, 2014, 11:37 AM
Good morning Blondie and everyone! Happy New Year!
I consider this my family also. I've shared, cried and prayed with so many of you. God bless you all and I hope you have a blessed New year!!

MRoy
December 31st, 2014, 11:50 AM
Good morning and Happy New Year Blondie! Best wishes for 2015!!

Sandy Navas
December 31st, 2014, 11:58 AM
How can we follow that?

Suzette
December 31st, 2014, 11:59 AM
Blondie, as always you are a beacon of light, hope and positive energy! I wish you and everyone here on the boards a happy, healthy, blessed New Year!

Thank you Doan family for bringing us all together and for sharing, crying and laughing along with us all year long.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHfEy6KtFrHHoEyMFfC5ne7N6OgPZ7s 5nbAEoU63xGC00zj-3PAQ

Jean Sewing Machine
December 31st, 2014, 12:01 PM
What profound words you share with us! Where would we all be without our Doan family and the love they have shared? Surely poorer in quantities and qualities of friendships gained over the years!

Have a wonderful 2015, to all of my forum friends!

meemeecyn
December 31st, 2014, 12:33 PM
You said it beautifully, Blondie.
Happy New Year, to you and all our other Forum friends.
Cynthia

Monique
December 31st, 2014, 12:33 PM
Good morning Blondie. Well said. Happy New Year my friend.

Ginny B
December 31st, 2014, 12:38 PM
Blondie, as usual, your words touch the heart. May we continue to love and support, encourage, understand, pray for, laugh with, send (((((hugs))))) when needed, rejoice and celebrate with each other in the coming year.
Or, to borrow a phrase of yours Blondie, "heckfire shoot", just be family.

Happy New Year everyone.

Amy R
December 31st, 2014, 12:46 PM
Happy, healthy New Year to my dear friends.
Blondie's words are so trued and sentiments are certainly shared!

Iris Girl
December 31st, 2014, 01:08 PM
Beautifully well said Blondie! Healthy Happy New Year to all!

Mazzer
December 31st, 2014, 01:31 PM
Well said Blondie. Happy New Year to all my forum friends.

Marion

auntiemern
December 31st, 2014, 01:38 PM
Beautifully said my dear friend. Ya got me all choked up here. Happy New Year to all my forum friends, near and far.

bscuzz
December 31st, 2014, 01:43 PM
For sure, ditto to what Blondie said - and thank you M*QC for providing this 'home' for us all to come to. Good Wishes to all for 2015!! :icon_kiss:

GrammaBabs
December 31st, 2014, 01:57 PM
We can only follow it with a THANK YOU... for all that Blondie brings to light for us all,,, leading us into the world of "sharing, love and the recognition of just what M*QC is all about...
Here's to another year filled with wonderful stories, projects and smiles... I'm posting something sent to me from a friend which I passed along to my son,,,I think it has great meaning for us all...:)
Happy and Healthy New Year... Hugs, Barbara
How can we follow that?

BellasQuilts
December 31st, 2014, 02:00 PM
Very profound, Blondie. While we always wish everyone a Happy New Year, I would rather wish for strength and endurance to weather any storm that comes your way, and the time and the good sense to enjoy those moments of sheer joy and let them sink in deep. But, that takes too long to say, so HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thank you to the Doans and their wonderful family for this gathering. Thank you to all of you for your support, quilty advise and prayers. Hugs to all, now I am off to clean house for our progressive dinner we do with the neighbors. Each year we get assigned a different course. This year we got the main course, so I am doing beef fondue. I will take pics and post later. Hugs to all.

Madeforyouinma11
December 31st, 2014, 02:01 PM
Blondie, again you ahve sid everything perfectly and beautifully.
I truly hope that everyone here has a healthy and happy New Year. I look forward to another exciting year with all of you and our wonderful Doan family. You have all inspired me to do things that I never thought possible and because of that, I am a better person.
Happy New Year! Whatever plans you have for tonight, please be safe.

Claire Hallman
December 31st, 2014, 02:04 PM
So many true words, I cant think of anything new and different to add, just that I have learned so much from you all and been blessed with your friendship.
Happy New Year to you all.

Love the T shirt or sign, too, so very true.:D

Granny Fran
December 31st, 2014, 02:10 PM
Blondie and all other forum members: Happy and Healthy (and quilty) New Year.

I feel privileged to be a part of this wonderful group of people who have become my virtual family.

Thank you all for you have all filled my heart this year with help, comfort and gratitude. :icon_kiss::icon_hug:

laura44
December 31st, 2014, 02:37 PM
Couldn't have said it better. Blondie, I'm wait for your book to come out, or
to see you on the speaking circuit.(seriously)! You have another career if you want it.
This Forum has become a part of me, it is an important part of my day.
Thank-you all, Happy New Year!!!

Juliet Taylor
December 31st, 2014, 02:46 PM
Happy New Year :) to everybody!
I'm new but very happy to be in this community of lovely and amazing people!

Blondie, you have agift for words, thanks for your encouragement and for saying things I share but I couldn't express so well.

I send love to everyone

Carlie Wolf
December 31st, 2014, 02:47 PM
Amen, Blondie. Yes, Neverending Story.

Carrie J
December 31st, 2014, 04:28 PM
Blondie girl, you're a gem fer sure, and very well put! :D

Happy New Year to everybody here and especially the Doan Family! My sincerest wishes for a Happy, Healthy and very prosperous New Year!

Annette Ackley
December 31st, 2014, 04:57 PM
Blondie, you have a way with words. You know it comes from the heart. You are truly a special person. Hugs to you!!! Wishing Everyone a " Happy New Year "!!!!!

songbird857
December 31st, 2014, 07:09 PM
Just got around to reading this...
We love you too, Blondie :)
Thank you and Happy New Year to all of my forum friends - you've all been a blessing...

shermur
December 31st, 2014, 10:12 PM
Great words, Blondie! I can honestly state I am very grateful for the last day of this year.....my new baby grandson came into the world this morning at 4:53 AM...9.5 lbs and 21 inches long. Introducing Connor Lee Davies......

stitching woman
December 31st, 2014, 10:47 PM
Here is to a spectacular 2015 to all of our forum friends. May God bless each and everyone of you.

MayinJerset
January 1st, 2015, 04:04 AM
96306Blondie you are right up there with Jenny and the rest of the Dolan family with your love of sharing, your good words and thoughts help us to begin most days of the year. We all are aware that life isn't peaches and cream for you and most of us but your encouragement to Smile keeps us going. Happy New Year Dear Friend and also to all our Forum Friends.