PDA

View Full Version : Look Out Lorie!

K. McEuen
December 30th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Better wear shoes when you go outside!

Giant Invasive Crab Caught Walking Down The Street In Hawaii (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/coconut-crab-hawaii_n_6392972.html)

bubba
December 30th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Holy crab!!!!

Marty
December 30th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Freaky!!!!!

Hulamoon
December 30th, 2014, 10:58 PM
How funny. I missed that story! They alway's turn stuff like over to the zoo, which is a good thing :)

I have a funny one. Dh and I were camping down at the beach and in the morning one of our campers came running back screaming there is a giant slug on the beach, We all ran down and it was a Monk seal. OMG it was priceless.

If you come here they are protected because they are endangered. Some wakos like to kill them. Creeps :(

K. McEuen
December 30th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Haha, had they never seen a seal before?

That crab hanging on the trash can in that picture was scary looking. I'm thinking I would have grabbed something stronger than a cardboard box to catch it in.

Carrie J
December 31st, 2014, 12:35 AM
Yikes and ewwwww, that one on the trash can was creepy! Only taste good is they've been eating coconut, uh, no thanks!

RockinLou
December 31st, 2014, 12:58 AM
Yikes!!! This makes me happy to live in Kazakhstan!!

snippet
December 31st, 2014, 07:23 AM
That thing looks prehistoric. I would have liked to see it move cause I really couldn't tell much about it.

I dunno about you shouldn't eat it if you don't know what it's been eating. Bet he'd taste great with a little drawn butter! LOL

Sandy Navas
December 31st, 2014, 11:31 AM
I'm puzzled because they think it was smuggled in - but they are prevalent on other Pacific islands? How do new volcanic islands, thousands of miles away from other land become populated with wildlife? Give me a break - he rode in on the waves.

Hulamoon
December 31st, 2014, 03:56 PM
He could of been brought in a shell. They can't swim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch3VVI4IDqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z54da6-fz94

Sandy Navas
December 31st, 2014, 11:04 PM
He rode in the belly of a whale.
He hooked on to the side of a ship.
He was airlifted in on the wings of a dove . . .
He has a pilot's license and flew in himself.

K. McEuen
December 31st, 2014, 11:10 PM
He was hiding in a crate of coconuts.

Hulamoon
December 31st, 2014, 11:17 PM
Cute Sandy!

He was hiding in a crate of coconuts.

Yea right. I just cut down three trees because they are messy as **** lol

When I came back from the mainland one year a girl smuggled a kitten on the plane. She was wearing a fir coat and it was a tiny siamese that matched it perfectly. I don't know how she sat with it that long.

bubba
December 31st, 2014, 11:54 PM
Cute Sandy!

When I came back from the mainland one year a girl smuggled a kitten on the plane. She was wearing a fir coat and it was a tiny siamese that matched it perfectly. I don't know how she sat with it that long.

Did she get caught??? A couple trips ago when we flew back to Seattle, we landed and the young couple in front of us took their carryons out from under the seats in front of them. They had two dogs!!! Did not make a peep or a smell or nothing....we were amazed!

Hulamoon
January 1st, 2015, 12:09 AM
No, she was standing waitng for her suitcase. I did one of those neck turns. lol We took Rachel (then 6 mo) to calif and we had the big area in front of the movie screen.. We landed and i picked her up and the people behind us dropped their jaws. What a good baby :)