PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember making a quilt for Heaven and Emily?

Angela C.
December 30th, 2014, 01:35 PM
I was wondering how Emily is doing. Anyone know?

quiltingtrish
December 30th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I remember. By clicking on their family blog, she looks pretty good on the July post. I pray she is still continuing to do well.
Maybe Blondie has heard something. I think she was in contact with them before.

Angela C.
December 30th, 2014, 02:05 PM
No, I'm Heavens Momma. I'm wondering how Emily is doing.

quiltingtrish
December 30th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Oh, I'm sorry Angela!! I don't know how Emily is doing.
How is Heather doing? She is beautiful in that photo of her!

toggpine
December 30th, 2014, 02:35 PM
The last time I had contact with Jan L , Emily was doing really well. She had been cleared to play her violin and play soccer on a limited scale (as long as she didn't over-tax herself). She was back in school full time too, I think.
From the very blurry photo Jan took wither phone, all three of the sisters loved their quilts.

Sandy Navas
December 30th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I'm with Cathy on this one. Haven't heard from Jan for a while though.

And, How is Heaven?

Angela C.
December 30th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Right now, Heaven is doing great. We spent all of last year at Duke Children's on the Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant floor. She faced many complications, but Christ walked her through. We arrived home on Jan. 5 this year. This past October she had to have surgery on her hip due to AVascular Necrosis. They had to remove her fibula bone and graft it into her femoral lobe.
Amidst all she has faced, she has overcome by the wonderful grace of God.

quiltingtrish
December 30th, 2014, 04:36 PM
That does sound like she has been through the wringer. I am glad she had a better year than the one before. I still do pray for the girls.
I sent Jan a PM I believe at the beginning of December and haven't heard back. I know she had some medical issues but was hoping with PT she was healing. She could still be having troubles with her shoulder. I'll try one more time on the PM'ing and if I don't hear back soon, I think I have her phone number.

Angela C.
December 30th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Trish, if you hear from her, let her know that Heaven is doing great and I have though about and prayer for her and Emily often.

You ladies, that have a FB a account, are more than welcome to friend me. Angela Cobler is my name and just add a message saying MSQC.

quiltingtrish
December 30th, 2014, 08:07 PM
I will Angela. I sent her an email today and if I don't hear from her that way, I'll give her a call in the next few days.

Sandy Navas
December 30th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I keep both girls in my heart and in my prayers.

quiltingtrish
January 2nd, 2015, 11:53 PM
Angela - I just spoke to Jan tonight. I told her that I had emailed her and thought maybe her internet is out. Her computer is having some problems. She is having trouble with both shoulders - has had both of them operated on in the past year. She also has the flu right now. I asked her if I could post how she is doing and she said yes. It is very hard for her to check the forum and type so she is staying away right now. I told her that we all think about her. I also told her that you were asking about Emily. She said she is holding her own and just had some more tests which they are waiting for results. Some number that normal people have about 1500 of, Emily has - did she say 80,000? She said that was awesome, so I'm not sure. Man, I'm a big help in relaying information, aren't I? She did seem to indicate Emily is doing pretty good.
I also told her I would call in a month or so to see how she is doing through the winter. It can get pretty wicked where she lives.

Hugs,

Angela C.
January 3rd, 2015, 05:37 PM
Thanks so much for the update on both Jan and Emily. Your an awesome secretary!!! ��