PDA

View Full Version : It is Tuesday morning right?

Monique
December 30th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Good morning dear friends. I am starting us off this morning early before anyone is up. I still have a house full so my days are quite busy, between preparing meals and doing dishes. I will appreciate the peace and quiet when it arrives later this week. My wee girl was driving me nuts yesterday. She is such a picky eater, that it is really difficult to feed her. She does love kidney beans so she is eating a lot of red beans at least. I just wish she would eat like everyone else.

Later on today we are all off to help my nephew celebrate his 30th birthday. It will be nice as I don't have to cook. WOOHOO!! and no dishes either. I will also deliver Christmas presents to my brother and his GF (although, she is more than a girlfriend now but I don't know what to call her, my sister-in-law? (they are not married). In any case, they are both receiving quilts.

We are gearing up for our annual New Year's Eve party here. I am expecting there to be maybe 14 if my nephew brings his kids along. We serve are having a seafood fest. Surf and turf. Mmmmm, it is making my mouth water already.

From my family to yours, may 2015 be everything you want it to be. I haven't really made any resolutions, but I really would like to lose some weight in the new year. We shall see.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 30th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Good morning! Monique, I feel your pain with the meals and dishes! Seems like that's all I did while my gang was here! Yesterday, I dropped the last guests at the airport, then came home for a long nap, followed by a long sleep! Ah, I so needed that!

I know it gets lonely living alone. I enjoyed having my kids, grandkids, great grandkids and siblings under one roof for a while. Right now, I'm going to savor the quiet and time to get to some sewing projects, pressure free from a time crunch. Both things can be good.

Have a great day!

laura44
December 30th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Good Morning all! I can't sleep, my back was killing me so I took a pain pill.
It took away the pain but it prevents me from sleeping.
I might cut some fabric for my next quilt. Quiet time is a good
time to say your prayers. Have a great day!

toggpine
December 30th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Just passing in the hall here! This night owl is headed for bed while you early birds are just getting your day underway!

I dug up the post from last January about our words for the year. I was wondering how everyone did. No need to reply, but it did make me think about how I applied my word and if I want to try again this year.

I hope you can all find some peace and quiet in the last few days of this year so we can go into the new one refreshed and raring to go!
Share a few smiles today!
Hugs, Catty

Ginny B
December 30th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday. It sure has been a busy time with family this past week. I loved having them all with me. My eldest is still here with my granddog but they will be going home later today. :(

I have the rest of the week off, so I plan on getting some cleaning and rearranging done in my sewing room. Of course there is all the laundry that needed doing too so I guess I'll tackle that too.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Lonna
December 30th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Oh I so feel that I will be in trouble today. I have been awake since 2:45 this morning and now have to work a full day. I will be ready for bed tonight. I have just had so much on my mind that I could not shut it down. I have been battling in my mind over a new job that has been offered to me. Don't know weather to stay where I am or if it is time for me to go. Between that and thinking about things I want to do in the new year I am afraid that sleep just would not come. I have decided that the new year for me will be a year of exploring and playing. I have sat for too long not doing and just watching the world go by. This year I am going to do my best at living life to the fullest. I will not set back and be afraid to go to new places alone. I am sure my friend Sue will be glad to go with but I have always had Wayne to go with me and so I was not afraid to go new places. I have already set my mind on a couple of Mardi Gras parades and a few plantations that I would like to go to. I will go on at least one new adventure every month this coming year! I have to decide on my January adventure as I know that February will be Mardi Gras.

Well my friends wishing you a wonderful day it is time for me to start this one.

Bubby
December 30th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Good Morning,

Good to hear from you, Lonna. I like your plans for 2015. You live in an area where there's a lot to see and do. You enjoy yourself!

My sewing machine will arrive today! I checked the tracking and it's "out for delivery" and headed my way. I hope it comes early so I have time to play with it all day!

I don't think I'm going to make any resolutions for 2015 other than to do the best I can and to be a blessing to friends and family along the way.

Have a wonderful day Friends.

LRM
December 30th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Good morning! It is so fun to get up and read your posts. I always start at the top of the forum (New to the Forum posts) and work my way down so it is about 1-1.5 hours after I get up that I make it to Chit-Chat!

I've had a restless night. The winds are blowing about 60 mph here and with the snow it is bitter cold. The wind chill is well below zero. Guess I should spend the day in my warm sewing room. The lamps and iron always keep it toasty.

I am about to get a house full of visitors and so the meals and dishes are in my near future. I love seeing the guests, but always feel exhausted and bit resentful that I miss out on conversations while I'm toiling away.

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay warm and safe!

Mpyles
December 30th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Good morning! Gosh all of you ladies are up and at them early early today! I'm off to work in a bit...my week is a bit messed up due to inventory falling on my day off...which means...not my day off...yesterday I had to go in for a couple of hours to take care of payroll...and holiday pay...the boss pays them all holiday pay...provided they work their scheduled shifts...amazing how many do not get the pay...kinda sad really. I also get 2 comp days for thanksgiving and Christmas...November and December are much too busy for the extra days off...so I wait patiently for the first part of January. Hoping to take this Saturday off for one of them and then the other one next week then take off the whole next week for vacation time. I am also behind on my vacation week a quarter....so need to catch up there.

I too have been musing the new year. I really want to be more healthy. Please pray for my successes in this arena!!

Barb I think your New Years resolution should be to play with that new machine! I was looking at the 12000 online and thought wow! I would love to have one...it sounds like it does so much! You will have to keep us updated!

Well...everyone have a great day!

kimsophia
December 30th, 2014, 10:01 AM
The computer date at the bottom right of the screen tells me what day it is... :D If today is Tuesday then tomorrow is FREE PIE DAY at Village Inn!!! :D Village Inn: Pie Rush Wednesday (http://www.villageinn.com/pierushwednesday/) :D

Carrie J
December 30th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Good Morning All! :D

Seems the late nap yesterday did the trick and I"m up and currently waiting for the pot to finish! Since retiring, my "schedule" revolves around either getting up way early or way late! That usually dictates what and how things for the day are accomplished for me. Yesterday was mailing the last of the gifts. Kind of hard to do Christmas when some friends and family are out of town for extended periods. So this week will see the remainder of them being delivered by USPS. We'll be having our typical New Year's celebration here, quiet. Kids will finally be here on Saturday, spend the day and then off again to their busy lives. Hey we take what we can get, we remember well our hectic schedules that seemed to be consumed by demanding jobs. So we treasure what time we get to see them. Having no Grands has impacted that particular portion of our lives as well. Glad for the early start today, as most of it was doing Monday things, like to get all that out of the way so I can hit the sewing hot and heavy. It's once again settling into a quiet, productive schedule for the week. I think everyone in my circle is tired from build up to Chirstmas, and now getting back to normal. Though we all love this time of year, I think we're all kind of glad when it's done. Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them :D!

grannyann
December 30th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Well I got through Thanksgiving and Christmas. As some of you know I lost John in August just before his 77th birthday. I try to keep busy so I don't get in a rut of depression. I have my days of melt downs and being lonely but I remind my self how blessed I am and that I will get through each new day. I am glad the holidays are over and 2015 will be a much better year for America and my family. God Bless all and may you all have a healthy positive New Year.

Blondie
December 30th, 2014, 10:53 AM

Happy Tuesday, Folksies!

Here I am like something the cat dragged in. I tell you, I enjoyed the holidays immensely and am I ever glad it is almost time to say goodbye to 2014!

Out of state family arrived just as they said they would, we had plenty of other visitors from around the area drop by - from my family and Luscious's family. This weekend we are thinking of heading up past the Danville area to brunswick county to visit some of his people that we have not seen in a while. No one's getting any younger these days and i do miss his Aunt Bobbi and Uncle Sam. Of course, it's like my family - more cousins than you can shake a stick at. We used to do the big family reunions up there. I kindly miss those.

I will try to pop in to wish everyone a very happy new year - y'all have been the bestest sewing buds plus - ever in my life. truly each one here is a gift for me that i get to open each and every day.

Smiles!

Granny Judy
December 30th, 2014, 11:07 AM
I am taking some time to check in with everyone. Got the Abuse Quilts Delivered on the 16th of Dec so they were available to be given out for Christmas. Cleaned up the sewing area and put everything away til after New Years. My oldest DD came in from Florida to spend 4 days with me.. we went shopping at the Quilt stores and had a spa day. Plus I didn't have to cook since I was taken out to eat everyday..and evenings, too!!

Good family time together.. Decorated the tree. Did some knitting. Taught DD#1 how to Arm Knit. Watched some movies on the big screen TV.. with pop corn and drinks. (I didn't know there is a drink called "Buttered Nipples"... LOL) It is quite delicious and makes your body feel all warm and fuzzy after the 2nd one.

I'm ready for 2015... and having the time to do quilting for myself.. It's been 2 years since I saw that Hunter's star pattern and I wanted to make one for myself. Well, that is my first project for the coming year. Got all my fabric picked out and pattern book is here... I don't think I have been able to keep any of my resolutions made over the years.. so I'll just try to be the best person I can and do what it takes to stay healthy. (a full time job).

Sending out big ol hugs to all and blessings for a great new year for all.

Sandy Navas
December 30th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Hey, even Blondie beat me up this morning - and I have the bruises to prove it!!

Yesterday I got to do a bit of grocery shopping - you just have to love a man who says "Would you like to go to the grocery store?" And then says "Which store do you want to go to?" And when I tell him it was his idea and what does he need to shop for he grabs my list and reads "Bread and paper towels." So I question him and find out that he really wants to make pasta and needs his shrimp. So off we go to buy him his shrimp. And last night the prepared his shrimp scampi with fettuccine and it was scrumptious. He even cleaned up his own mess along the way.

Spent the afternoon doing the latest of my embroidery projects - something special for the Featherweight Group meeting. WOW it is stitch intense and took about 3 hours from set-up to finish!! But, you know what? My buddies are definitely worth it. So back there to do some more today. In my sleep I managed to make two more quilt tops. Al has two quilted PICU quilts ready for me to bind, so I'd best be shaking it.

Brrrr cold out here today, but no bad weather and it's sunning out!! So everyone stay warm and comfy, dream wonderful thoughts, pray for those in need, and peace to all.

GrammaBabs
December 30th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Be sure to post... what did you get!!!!!:) I LOVE sewing machines.... have fun!!!!B

Good Morning,

Good to hear from you, Lonna. I like your plans for 2015. You live in an area where there's a lot to see and do. You enjoy yourself!

My sewing machine will arrive today! I checked the tracking and it's "out for delivery" and headed my way. I hope it comes early so I have time to play with it all day!

I don't think I'm going to make any resolutions for 2015 other than to do the best I can and to be a blessing to friends and family along the way.

Have a wonderful day Friends.

tobeysmama
December 30th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone, I am also thinking about what i can do better in the new year. Weight loss is at the top of the list. From there are the things like being a better gardener, trying new sewing and quilting techniques, new healthy recipes. many things to work on. We have all had a nasty stomach virus here so today is a clean and disinfect day for me. Have a good day to all. Jan

quiltingtrish
December 30th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Gosh Blondie, I wish the Danville area you are heading to is the Danville here in PA, but unfortunately, I know it is not. I could meet you for the day! Safe trip, my friend.

songbird857
December 30th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Good morning everyone :)
Seems like most have good plans moving forward into the new year!
Hubby totally blessed me this weekend - originally we were supposed to all go to our timeshare and spend New Years Eve there too. Well, because of a full resort, we were only able to get a one bedroom unit (uh.... definitely NOT going to accommodate me, hubby, 2 adult daughters, and one FIL...). So, hubby tells me to take 19DD and get outta Dodge for a coupla days - he will hold down the fort with his dad and the dog... Yes. So DD and I went up Saturday afternoon and came back last night... it was heavenly - time to think and relax; we sat around, shopped a bit, sat around, ate a bit, indulged in a lot of NCIS and It Takes a Choir... slept in... you get the picture. Thank you, Lord for a wonderful hubby who takes care of his wife....
While we were there I went to the great LQS in town - I said "You don't happen to have a featherweight around, do you?" So Susan says - "as a matter of fact, I do have one that someone dropped off for me to sell!" "Oh???? (I was trying not to salivate) - may I please try it?"... "Of course!" (says wonderful LQS person)
Ohhhh, she is a beauty, and no, I did not buy - I really just wanted to try for now. She sews like a dream and I may save some $$ and get her later. She is not on display, and this is a small shop in a small town - I don't think she'll sell very quickly and if she does it's ok. The only thing was that some of the attachments don't seem to go with her (Greist??) Not a huge issue because the necessary ones are there, and the case is in great shape, other than a bit of an odor. Anyway - maybe later.
It was a great weekend and it gave me some time to think about the new year - my main goal is to rekindle my relationship with God. I've let many things sidetrack me this year, and I miss that closeness that comes with daily prayer and reading...
I certainly hope everyone has a good start to the new year - praying for those that need a hug, a job, a break, a new start... I thank you for the friendships I have found here...
Norma

MayinJerset
December 30th, 2014, 02:03 PM
11:50 and still Tuesday morning so I just got in under the wire. DH and I just got in after 2 days in New Hope PA for DGD's wedding. Beautiful ceremony in front of a soaring stone fireplace with family and friends attending followed by a luscious cocktail hour and dinner. All took place in a beautiful Bed and Breakfast Lodge with stone buildings, evergreens every where growing or on doorways. ledges and windows throughout the many buildings. DGD really scheduled everything so events went smoothly.

Charming place with many quaint buildings, our room was a coach house with stone walls and very comfortable. Lots of nooks and crannies indoors and out but not really for mobility challeneged folks like DH and I so DGD arranged for a golf cart to drive us up to reception building after the cermoney and instead of climbing steps to the main building for get togethers and breakfast we entered from the kitchen where there were no stairs to climb. All in all a very enjoyable major event for our family but grandma and grandpa are home now and will be resting for a few days. Bride's sister and her DH who live in New Orleans will be here to visit before they head back home, he asked it there were any chores we wanted him to do for us and I'll have to find something as volunteers are hard to find.

Claire Hallman
December 30th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Good morning everyone :)
While we were there I went to the great LQS in town - I said "You don't happen to have a featherweight around, do you?" So Susan says - "as a matter of fact, I do have one that someone dropped off for me to sell!" "Oh???? (I was trying not to salivate) - may I please try it?"... "Of course!" (says wonderful LQS person)
Ohhhh, she is a beauty, and no, I did not buy - I really just wanted to try for now. She sews like a dream and I may save some $$ and get her later. She is not on display, and this is a small shop in a small town - I don't think she'll sell very quickly and if she does it's ok. The only thing was that some of the attachments don't seem to go with her (Greist??) Not a huge issue because the necessary ones are there, and the case is in great shape, other than a bit of an odor. Anyway - maybe later.
Norma

Do they have lay-a-way? If you decide to get it later there are ways to deal with the smelly case.

JCY
December 30th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Good afternoon ~ I didn't have time to spend on the Forum this a.m. Now at 3 p.m. Mtn. time it is 7 deg. Our low this a.m. was 1. Our high was only 12. Very cold. We have a good 7" of snow on the ground from the past few days. The weak sun is peaking out this afternoon. It's supposed to be well below 0 tonight, with bitter wind chills. A good day to stay inside & keep warm. I'm feeling better today. I might even have enough energy to do a little sewing--the first since last wk. before I got that flu bug. Our kind neighbor has kept our driveway & front sidewalk shoveled this week. Thank God for thoughtful neighbors. I wish everyone a Happy New Year!