PDA

View Full Version : Happy Night Owl!

toggpine
December 30th, 2014, 04:54 AM
OK! You all are in for it now!

I have been too busy until now to dink around with how to upload photos on this computer.
Well, I made time tonight. I have directly uploaded my first photo to the forum since about October 2010! Whoo Hoo! I have linked a couple through my blog and that was a hassle, but it kind of worked.

Now I need to go back and transfer all of the quilty photos to a thumb drive and bring them over and dump them in an album.

Anybody else have any progress to report on anything? Large stuff, small stuff, it doesn't really matter the size. The fact that you made progress somewhere is what matters. Did you finish cleaning the closet? How about just getting out of bed today? It's all good!

I'm off to go cut out a fleece hat and see how much trouble they are to make. I'm feeling pretty invincible after the whole photo upload thing! :icon_umpf:

MomGram
December 30th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Well I did a bit, okay okay! I did a lot of shopping during the 12 days of Christmas. The boxes rolled in but I did not have time to open them. Anyhow, I opened and unpacked my goodies and tossed the boxes. Now it's all piled on my cutting table along with my Christmas gifts. I will put it all up sometime later today. I also started sewing a bday gift for the end of the month. I also made my list of 12 UFO's for the group.

Cathy F
December 30th, 2014, 05:27 AM
I made a good dent in cleaning my sewing room, finally! I' ve reorganized all the cabinets. Craft items,scrapbooking, fabric, all cleaned up. Room vaccumed and cutting table cleaned up. Now to tackle the closet. Need to re organize all the batting, and file cabinet. Feels good!

snippet
December 30th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Well I didn't sew, but I did sift and sort through all my downloaded embroidery files - about 500 zip files. That's been a chore and a half, but I'm also watching TCM too - Cary Grant movies galore! lol

I also cleaned out my refrigerator. It has broken and a repairman said it wasn't worth repairing. sigh. But, a guy at church volunteered to give a second opinion. He came over and fixed it! It had to do with the ice cube maker in the freezer, I think it got clogged or something. I am over the moon happy! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

I've been shopping too, and have a few boxes to open. I'll do that tomorrow.

MomGram
December 30th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Carol, I'm always amazed how the expert repair people just don't fix stuff anymore. It like they come out charge you for a call and say buy a new one. Glad your friend could fix it for you. Ohh and I love Cary Grant, my two favorites are Arsenic and Old Lace and Gun Gi Din (hope I spelled that close to right).

bubba
December 30th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Did the closet before Christmas. Bought some purple fleece and could not figure out why I bought it the next week....took me another week before I remembered! I still have to do what I'm going to do with it, so let me know how the fleece sewing goes. There is a really cute hat pattern I want but I refuse to pay $17 for the pattern. Waiting till they are on sale for $1 again.

And yes, I got out of bed today. I even took MM to lunch. Then we ran some errands and he took me to look at cell phones but nobody around here had the one I wanted and we ended up driving to Lacey in rush hour traffic! The traffic from JBLM is always bad, but it's really bad in the afternoon. Didn't get back home till almost 7:30pm! He laid down for a quick nap before work, but I'm sure he will be pooped tomorrow!

Congrats on your photo posting....I look forward to your creations!

toggpine
December 30th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I am working on the base pattern for one of these.
Fleece Hat Friends: 25+ Easy-to-Sew Projects by Mary Rasch | 9781454703549 | Paperback | Barnes & Noble (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fleece-hat-friends-mary-rasch/1111346368?ean=9781454703549)

I love the look of these. They shouldn't be any harder than the stuffed animals I make from the Funky Friends Factory patterns.

When sewing with fleece, pins are our friends! Lots of them are good. The longer ones are much easier to find than the shorter ones. It is a very forgiving fabric. Just remember which way you want the stretch to go!

Except that I bought my book @ Amazon, or if you have a good coupon and they have any left, you may check JoAnn.

bubba
December 30th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Cute hats!!