PDA

View Full Version : Monday......................

Carrie J
December 29th, 2014, 01:09 PM

I've searched and searched, and NO Good Morning post.......................WHA?!?!? It makes for a lonely cup of java, even my new "squirrel" cup felt disappointed!

This is the countdown week to a New Year and new beginnings. Sigh, where does the time go? BUT, even though it's gloomy skies here, it doesn't make the day any less attractive for me. The sewing room was cleaned up nice and spiffy and started planning projects that I want to tackle and stretch my skills at quilting. All the hectic Christmas projects were done (and I think I heard a collective sigh across the site from many on that one!) and now it's time for new and challenging projects, new friends, new adventures, new everything! As the New Year approaches I wish and pray for each and everyone of you.........health, happiness, success in any endeavor big or small, a warm hug, a smile of contentment, encouragement to be given or get, and the comfort of knowing you are not alone in this big ol' world.

Having said that, I'm off for a second cup of java, and plan on tackling my newest project. Have a great day y'all!

Cathy F
December 29th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Thank you for the morning thread! Late getting here and thought I missed it somehow.
I started the dreaded " cleaning of the sewing room" yesterday so I could start off the new year with a fresh start up there. However, don't know how much I actually got cleaned up as I kept pulling out things I came across and made more of a mess. Do you think I'm easily distracted!!!? No need to reply, I already know the painful answer!

I have a couple of UFO's to finish but suprisingly I completed more than I thought.

I wish you the same for the coming new year Carrie and all the forum members. I look forward to what 2015 will bring.

irishrn
December 29th, 2014, 01:22 PM
It is a late morning for me too! Kept getting interrupted. Like DH needed breakfast!! Whatttttt???
Then the dog decided to dig a hole in the yard while it is pouring rain! So he needed a quick bath! Whatttttt??
Then the clean up after in the kitchen...... Getting the picture???
Now I'm bracing for the phone calls I need to make; cable company, getting medicare part d, calling medicare to sign up, getting DH an apt for his upcoming pacemaker eval!!! None of them involve fabric or quilting so they are chores to me!
So I wish everyone a happy Monday. The last Monday of 2014.
And a great week leading to the new year!

ceiliam
December 29th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I could not sleep so got up and worked on putting the top together on my tipsy tumbler quilt .... so fun and fast also am working on cleaning sewing room pick one area and work on it for 1/2 hour amazing how much can get done it such a little time . Off to do errands with mom and sister have a good day everyone

Carah
December 29th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Happy Monday!!! I am refreshed, looking forward to the week. I have started my next project that I am really having fun with. I am stretching my skills & looking forward to my 2015 list of quilts to make. Sewing room got a make over and now I can actually find (& get to) everything.

Hugs, Prayers & smiles to all~ I hope you all have a wonderful week as we head into the new year!!

Amy R
December 29th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Morning! Got a lot done already, Put away the tree, some decorations, moved around some furniture to make a sewing nook. The laundry room is too cold and leaky so I'm moving in! LOL
Also was able to sandwich flannel baby quilt and cut batting and tops of the 4 placemats.
Woo time for brunch.
Hope hubby comes home soon from work... extra time today then he's off a couple days.

We all had stay in your jammy day and watch football yesterday. Niiice and relaxing.

Simply Quilting
December 29th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Morning! I'm off to a very slow start today. Yesterday I got up, showered and started to get ready for church and just suddenly didn't feel real great. So I went back to bed and slept til 3PM. DH took the children to church, fed them lunch and made sure the house stayed quiet so I could rest. I had a little to eat, was on the computer for a little bit while I reclined in bed then went back to sleep. Kinda slept restless last night and still don't feel the greatest.

Thankfully, we did a deep house cleaning before Christmas and only had the tree to put away and the living room to get back in order. All the gifts from grandparents and uncles/aunts are in their new homes. I'm still working on figuring out where the children's new sewing machine is going as it is where mine usually is. I took mine in for cleaning/checkup on Dec 26 and it is ready to come home today. As soon as I get feeling better, I'm ready to get started sewing on the list of projects that I have already lined up for the new year.

I am going to enjoy the week as dh has the whole week off and we do have a couple of things planned for the week.

Have a great day everyone :)

Sonic
December 29th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Calvin and Hobbes are my Fav!
So that was a bright note.....as for my Monday...I had planned to get a lot of some stuff done but turns out it's migraine Monday...oh joy. So I'm shuffling around looking forward to going back to sleep tonight and feeling better tomorrow.
Hard to nap with a kiddo bouncing around the house on Holiday break.

Don't mind me...if I shuffle your way just turn me around and point me back towards the coffee maker..

BobW
December 29th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Well I stopped in earlier than usual to check things out. I took a friend to have laser eye surgery this morning and just got home. The office was having trouble with medical records, they are switching over to electronic records and doing the conversion when the patient comes in. It took almost two hours waiting for his records to get scanned in and ready.

I'm posting this as a cup we will all read and some may even chuckle at:

I've chuckled several times over this cup.

Grandma Nan
December 29th, 2014, 06:14 PM
It never fails. I went like a crazy woman before Christmas. So the last couple of days we have just been kinda lazing around, not doing much of anything. DH got a cold just before Christmas but he's almost better and guess what. I seem to be catching it. Starting to feel very aching. I went out for a bit this morning and I could hardly open my eyes as they were so sensitive to the light and now I am having a hard time with body temperature control. I hope it is a quick one but right now I am sinking.

JCY
December 29th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Not morning, but still Monday. I'm still lacking energy from having that intestinal bug last week. I played the organ for church yest. a.m., made a quick stop at the store on the way home (snow predicted for today), & came home totally exhausted. I rested the remainder of the day. Felt some better today, so changed bedding & did 4 loads of laundry. I'm still doing only the bare essentials. Thus far, DH has escaped the bug. Hoping & praying he doesn't get it. The snow came as predicted; it's been snowing lightly all day. Maybe 2" - more coming tomorrow. It's supposed to be bitter cold tonight, like close to zero. I've been reading Don Piper's book, "Heaven Is Real". We have several of his books.

Stay warm, folks!