PDA

View Full Version : Today they made it on TV!!

bubba
December 27th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Another story of my former coworkers...

911 dispatchers take 'emergency' call, save family's Xmas | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News (http://www.komonews.com/news/local/286897551.html?tab=video&c=y)

At 1: 05 when they are showing a lot of red and blue stockings, there is a gal sitting to the left you can see. That is where I saw every chance I got......busiest seat in the house!

mommamarsh
December 27th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Truly Christmas !

Bjvarizona
December 27th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Oh, wow, what a great story! I'll bet you are proud of those folks. I just love hearing the good things that people do and that news folks report them. Thanks for sharing this.

Kgrammiecaz
December 27th, 2014, 03:12 AM
A wonderful Christmas story. Emergency responders from 911 and all around are always there to save the day.

shawnan
December 27th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Thank you so much for sharing that video and letting us get a glimpse of where you used to work. When I worked, our dispatch center was much smaller.

The story is great.

Nancy

bubba
December 27th, 2014, 04:31 AM
This dispatch center is in the second largest county in the state. We dispatch for, I think, 13 departments....it changed some in the past six months. There are seven dispatchers on duty at all times, one supervisor, and on days, about ten to a dozen comm officers. Swings has more and I think graves has four or five. We dispatch only police calls......if it is for fire or the State Patrol, calls are transferred for them to handle. That spot I loved to sit in probably handled as many calls as the six other positions combined...loved being busy!

MayinJerset
December 27th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Good to hear the Good News. Bet our Bubba would have loved to be working during this event, plenty of quilty items would have been added to the gifts.

bubba
December 27th, 2014, 04:10 PM
The amazing thing was that the did all this in about three hours!!! I'm still astounded. I could not find the followup interview last night, maybe I will today.

Monique
December 27th, 2014, 05:15 PM
A wonderful Christmas story indeed.

Quiltfreestyle
December 28th, 2014, 03:00 AM
That's a group to be proud of Pat !

tobeysmama
December 28th, 2014, 10:34 PM
What a heartwarming story.