PDA

View Full Version : BEST GIFT EVER!

Juliet Taylor
December 25th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Sorry, I really need to share my joy with you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my husband. And he loves me. More importantly, he really and truly cares about me and listen to me.
Many years ago he suggested his family to buy my a cutting board. It was amazing because I just started quilting!

Now, for Christmas, he gave me this amazing gift!

Since May I bake my own bread because of an intolerancy and I've started loving baking bread. And much more. I baked a lot of good stuff and my DH enjoyed them all. But kneading so much by hand I got a little tired (also because I just discovered I got mononucleosis without knowing to have it so I continued working full time for months while I was tired and living my usual life... I was SO tired) and sometimes I found myself saying: "Honey, if someone doesn't know what to get me for Christmas or my birthday a kneader would be the best!"

He already ordered it! And now I have it! I love it! And I love him so much! Having someone who listen to you by your side is the best. The best thing about this gift is his thought to make me happy.

I already tried it, of course! I have a personal tradition... Christmas gifts need to be opened and USED the same day! Plus he loves the bread I make and we had no more... now I gotta go sleep because in 5 hrs bread will be ready to be baked but I was so excited I couldn't sleep!

And what about you ladies? Want to share the gifts you're received? I think it would be nice to share your joy like I did :)

I wish you all the best and I hope you'll be merry with you love ones!

Kgrammiecaz
December 25th, 2014, 10:30 PM
I love your gift. I have a daughter who would have liked to have seen that under her tree. That will surely help with your energy. Save it for other good things, like... Quilting.

bubba
December 25th, 2014, 10:43 PM
I can't believe you can work with mono! I had that shortly after we got married when I was 18 and I was wore out for a good month! I swear I slept 32 hours a day! MM had gone for six weeks of training right after the New Year and before he got back from that, I had caught it.

I hope you get your energy back soon! Enjoy making your bread!

K. McEuen
December 25th, 2014, 10:48 PM
That is a very futuristic looking mixer, not sure I've ever seen that brand before. But I'm sure you will be thrilled with it. My Kitchenaid mixer is one of my best and most used appliances. I couldn't knead dough by hand anymore.

I hope you get over your mono quickly.

Amy R
December 25th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Congratulations! Fresh bread sounds so good!

Simply Quilting
December 25th, 2014, 11:44 PM
What a great gift! I love it when husbands listen to what their wives need. Enjoy your wonderful bread :)

Bubby
December 25th, 2014, 11:45 PM
My Husband bought me a new sewing machine. I'm still in shock. It will be delivered the 30th. Between now and then I need to get my sewing room shaped up.

Juliet, I love the look of your bread mixer...very sleek and European looking!

songbird857
December 26th, 2014, 01:26 AM
That is a serious mixer!! Have fun with it :)

Genny
December 26th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Congrats on your new mixer! I love homemade bread too but my hands won't let me make it anymore.

Juliet Taylor
December 26th, 2014, 04:02 AM
Save it for other good things, like... Quilting.
Exactly what I was trying to do :D When I was more sick at home around the 12th december I spent my days sleeping, eating and quilting! I was SO RESTED!

I can't believe you can work with mono! I had that shortly after we got married when I was 18 and I was wore out for a good month! I swear I slept 32 hours a day! MM had gone for six weeks of training right after the New Year and before he got back from that, I had caught it.
Me neither .... but you know, I got so tired and getting flu and sorethroat and all this stuff, I simply thought I was unlucky and kinda old 28yrs old woman :D LOL! If I think how I made everything worse drinking coffee and coke to keep it up, doing too many things... and I was ALWAYS so tired... but know I'm gonna take good care of myself!

That is a very futuristic looking mixer, not sure I've ever seen that brand before. But I'm sure you will be thrilled with it. My Kitchenaid mixer is one of my best and most used appliances. I couldn't knead dough by hand anymore.I hope you get over your mono quickly.
It's a MAJOR KENWOOD :) sorry the pic was a little blurry! Funny thing: on fb I write on 4 different food groups and tons of people are getting kneader... and some my same model! It was so funny to congratulate each other!Right now the dottor said I'm on recovery so in 6 months I'll be a new energized me!!!!

My Husband bought me a new sewing machine. I'm still in shock. It will be delivered the 30th. Between now and then I need to get my sewing room shaped up.
Juliet, I love the look of your bread mixer...very sleek and European looking!
Your husband is great! Nice! What a gift! I had to make room for my Kenwood as well.. and actually I have so many dishes to wash because I was to busy trying the kneader for the first time... :D I'll do it later!

Congrats on your new mixer! I love homemade bread too but my hands won't let me make it anymore.
Thanks! Iím sorry your hands wonílet you make breadÖ if I was close to you Iíd bake bread for you every week!

MomGram
December 26th, 2014, 05:16 AM
Oh what a fantastic gift. Your hubby sounds wonderful. Enjoy and I hope you feel better soon.

Suzette
December 26th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Congratulations! What a great hubby you have!! I also bake my own bread and have an electrolux that kneads the bread. Love that machine!! I hope you get many, many years of enjoyment out of yours as well! Happy baking (and quilting)! And I hope you are feeling much better real soon. :icon_bigsmile:

IBake
December 26th, 2014, 07:26 PM
There are two strains of mono...........our youngest son was a senior and couldn't seem to shake off whatever he had. Our GP finally sent him to an infectious disease doc. Yeah, he had had BOTH strains of mono within 6 weeks. The doc told us to take him home, put him to bed, make sure he had at least one glass of water a day, and when he woke up he could go back to school-20 days later. He slept for 28 hours straight. So, I feel for you. An amazing fact is that young children, between 4-6 grades, catch mono the most.

Enjoy your kneader. I love making bread...but since my back surgeries it isn't as easy as it once was.