PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Haul and my wishes for each of you

Dollyquilts
December 25th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Hope you had the merriest of Christmases and that the New Year brings a resolution to all problems, health, happiness and prosperity, and an enormous fabric budget.

I have the happiest of circumstances because my DD is a sewist. My stocking runneth over with the following goodies: Fiskar spring-assist scissors No. 8 and No. 5, Clover jumbo wonder clips, hot pink cushioned thread snips, Moda Rustic weave 2 1/2 inch squares by Moda, and a Clover double needle threader. We opened our stockings last night.

When we opened our presents this morning, I unwrapped a Panasonic cordless iron.

I guess it doesn't hurt to have a mom who is a sewist either, because DD received a Martelli .45 right-handed rotary cutter, a package of five blades and a large Martelli cutting mat. Her Olfa was lumpy and bumpy with notches and really needed to be replaced.

I hope everyone received his or her heart's desire. The greatest thing I received was a gift card from my 13-year-old DGD with a handwritten note telling me how much she loved me and appreciated all the things I did for her. How special is that? It really warmed the cockles of my heart, whatever those are.

Dolly

Dolly

Granny Fran
December 25th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Dolly, thanks for sharing....you are blessed with such a thoughtful and caring family.

DD gave me a right handed Martelli rotary cutter and extra blades this am when we had our Christmas breakfast. Well.....as soon as DD and SIL left I had to try out the new cutter and guess what??? Cut my left thumb when opening the package...DH gave me first aid. Boy are those sharp, but now it is officially christened with blood. Got onto youtube and watched their tutorial so I would know how to avoid this in future. LOVE it already. Enjoy all your goodies.

Dollyquilts
December 25th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I'll have to send my DD to the site so she will avoid the need for first aid. I bought myself one, so as klutzy as I am, I'll need to watch the YouTube too.

Thanks for the advice.

Dolly