PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve lunch with the Gals..............

Carrie J
December 24th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Every year on Christmas Eve day, we girls get together for lunch. During this annual ritual we pick names out of a hat for 1 Christmas gift, and try and get the goofiest, craziest, funniest item we can find. This, as we've told ourselves and spouses on many occasions is a required pre-endorphin release for the hub-bub of feeding herds of people,cooking/cleaning up, being Hostess' with the mostess', and all around organizer of anything related to our respective families. And any strays they may invite/bring, unbeknown to us until their arrival at the dinner table. There are 9 of us femme fatales (HEY grey is the "in" color didn't ya know) that gather together, creating our own clan of women that at heart are truly kids, but have to act as adults. It's our armor against whatever the world throws at us, good, bad, or indifferent. We book in advance (much to the delight of the Owners, and gives them a chance to put us out of the normal customers hearing or sight.) I think that means we might be boisterous? Naw, couldn't be! Anyway, it was today, and we did our normal cat calling at each other when one shows up all spiffy and decked out (that's treasonous behaviour!), hugs all around, catch up with what's going on, who's ill, who needs help, planning strategies for pet projects and just then cut loose and let it all hang out and have a blast together. I write this, to let you know that THIS is what I wish for all of the Forum Ladies here (and yes you guys as well!). Networking was originally invented by women..................men took a little longer to catch on, then it became THEIR idea/ invention, .............right:icon_rolleyes:

Anyway, still feeling the love and joy of the annual get together, I wanted to share what I received as a gift. This will give you a clue as to our mentality when together..............and really, this should be carved in stone on some officious statue in my opinion! LOL!

Sandy Navas
December 24th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Hey, looks just like the cup I use every morning!!

May I join you next year?

Carrie J
December 24th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Hey, looks just like the cup I use every morning!!

May I join you next year?

Absolutely! LOL!

Sonic
December 24th, 2014, 11:02 PM
That's it! I live in the wrong state and will start packing tomorrow. Um maybe Friday I mean.
Got room for all the critters??

Carrie J
December 24th, 2014, 11:38 PM
That's it! I live in the wrong state and will start packing tomorrow. Um maybe Friday I mean.
Got room for all the critters??

Hey girl, you know me, bring 'em ALL!!

AuntieVic
December 25th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Sounds like something every one of us could use, at least once a year. Love the cup you received, thanks for sharing your joy with us.

pcbatiks
December 25th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Carrie.......what a great idea..........a get together just for the friends to relax, unwind and have fun. Sounds like you had a great time. Love the mug!

Hope you have a wonderful day............Merry Christmas!

BTW.......have you heard the Pentatonix Christmas album? It's great........DH got it from itunes for us yesterday!

Carrie J
December 26th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Pam, hope y'all did too! :D And YES!!!!!!, Pentatonix's album is great, well I'm a fan of ALL their recordings! :D