PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas from my home to yours

Iris Girl
December 24th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Just wanted say what a wonderful forum this is. I have been here for 2 years in Jan. I have met the the nicest people here in this virtual world. You have enriched my life so much.
I am not big on telling stories about my life but have lived with all of you through yours.
Holidays are not an east time for me, coming from a single parent things were always tight. My Mom did an excellent job with that. My hubby on the other hand detests any holiday where he needs to go buy gifts for anyone or any reason. He grew up with an alcoholic/ schizo father and a run a round mother. Even 30 years with me he can't overcome his hatred of all holidays and buying of gifts. His best idea is * you handle the money go get what you want*. My inner child just wants a surprise to open, nothing big, don't need diamonds, new cars or fancy clothes or trips. Just something he has picked out himself. Every year is a failure. I have taught my boys different. And they have surprised on a few occasions. But one is not able to work at moment (medical ) the other is working and does all kinds of nice things for the family. They both live home another sore spot with hubby.
Holidays were ok til Mom passed that will 21 years ago this coming April. I am a Pollyanna girl and look to the good in all (most of the time), but the holidays can be real bummers. Hubby is a good man, he works hands me the paycheck and don't ask for much. But years of little or no work have taken the toll on us financially and t an age when we should be doing well we are not. But we are hanging in there.
So this is my sanctuary a place I can come and read and about others wonderful times and cry with those in need and trouble. Even when I don't post much I am here thinking of all of you.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a cheer for a new and better year.

oldsewer
December 24th, 2014, 04:04 PM
A big hug to you, April, and thank you for sharing a piece of you and adding it to all the pieces that make up this forum quilt. Best, Sharon

bonniebella
December 24th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Merry Christmas to you too Iris. Big cyber hugs.

Sonic
December 24th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Merry Christmas April!
Like you , I tend to be more mum about myself. Doesn't mean my life is easy or I don't have difficulties.... quite the opposite actually, and far too often I'm able to relate to so many of the tough things that people share.
But I find comfort in coming here to share, no matter the level or depth of sharing, and I'm very grateful for the folks here too.

Bubby
December 24th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Here's another huge (((HUG))) for you, April. Together we make it through everything, don't we ?

Iris Girl
December 24th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Here's another huge (((HUG))) for you, April. Together we make it through everything, don't we ?

Yes we do! Together

JCY
December 24th, 2014, 04:37 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ~ (((HUGS))) to Iris Girl & anyone else out there who needs one. The holidays are not happy times for many families. I feel fortunate to have good memories to look back on. Things are very quiet at our house, & have been for many yrs. as the boys scattered to other states, jobs, their own families, etc. We are a blended family (his 2 sons & my 2 sons) now ages 42-48. We seldom get to see each other due to circumstances. DH has not traveled since 2001. He goes no where except to an occas. dr. appt. He gave up driving 6.5 yrs. ago. I can't travel unless someone stays with him. He & I quit exchanging Christmas presents years ago & just give each other a card with handwritten sentiments. I guess I sort of have Christmas all year long, as I'm able to buy fabric & quilting supplies as I need or want them. Quilting is something I can do & be home with him. In spite of circumstances, we have much for which to be thankful, including each other, our faith, friends, our church. And I'm thankful for this Forum. I've learned so much about quilting from Jenny's tuts, the pics people post, tips mentioned, etc. This is the only chat forum in which I participate. I don't do fb, twitter, or any of those others. I hope everyone will find some good in this Christmas season, be thankful, & I hope the New Year will be better for those who are having poor health or are in difficult circumstances. God bless everyone! Joy

Shirley
December 24th, 2014, 05:02 PM
April, Merry Christmas hugs to you and everyone on the forum. I love the forum and the people I've met here virtually and in person.

GuitarGramma
December 24th, 2014, 08:36 PM
(((((April)))))

I'm sew glad to know you, especially as a sister UFO finisher! Thank you for sharing this glimpse into your family. It's good to get to know a side of you I didn't know before. I especially admire that you and your DH have built a good life after coming from not-picture-perfect backgrounds. I admire that more than you can know.

Merry Christmas--from someone who cyber loves you!

MRoy
December 24th, 2014, 09:23 PM
(((Hugs))) April! I'm glad you feel like you can share your feelings here. Christmas is a tough holiday for many. There's no celebrating here with a sick hubby (who's a difficult patient LOL) and no other family able to be here with us. But the hubbub will all be over tomorrow and we can hopefully get back to our routines. Daily life is not fancy, but it suits better than holidays.

Kgrammiecaz
December 24th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Happy Holiday to you and your family. This forum is a wonderful place to be, I agree. So good to hear you find comfort here as many of us do. Hugs.

Andrea F
December 25th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Merry Christmas to you and your family April!

Juliet Taylor
December 25th, 2014, 10:00 PM
I'm sending you a lot of love and the wish for only good things to come from now on!

Annette Ackley
December 25th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Merry Christmas April!!! Hugs to you and your family!!! I also think this is a wonderful place to come and visit. Everyone here is wonderful!!!

stationarymom
December 26th, 2014, 02:06 AM
April Merry Christmas and Hugs to you also. Not all men understand women and our need as well as want to be remembered.I have one of those men,he just doesn't get it.It doesn't take a bad family to make that happen, my husband does love the holiday. some day I may get him to listen (I won't hold my breath) .