PDA

View Full Version : RAINDROPS WERE FALLING ON MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Txgrandma
August 25th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Yippeeee we finally got some rain. I was sitting at my machine sewing and before I knew I was just sitting there watching it come down. It got quite a bit cooler a slight breeze was blowing, then the power went out for almost 4 hours. I think we had a substation ht by lightening. We opened the windows and enjoyed the breeze and since I couldn't sew I got out the graph paper and graphed out 9 quilt blocks by using an oil lamp. It's been so long since we had any amount of rain I swear I think I could hear the trees and plants sighing. It wasn't nearly enough but I'm so very thankful for what we got. Everyone in the path of Irene be prepared and careful, sending prayers for all of you.

bakermom
August 25th, 2011, 03:03 AM
That's good news! let's hope you continue to get rain and get out of that drought!

Bubby
August 25th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Isn't it incredible when you finally get that much needed rain!!!! The day we finally got ours I was in town and people were outdoors everywhere standing in the rain. I hope you continue to get what you need. Barb

janluna
August 25th, 2011, 04:04 AM
It's raining here now! The storm started at 2:40 AM. It's a huge storm. I'm tracking it on my computer. We getting hail as well. And I have jumped out of my skin twice so far. Lots of lighting and LOUD thunder. lol I unplugged my laptop and am working on that so it can't get hit and ruined. Wow it's noisy. I hate bad storms! So much for sleep. It's supposed to last till 5 AM in our area.
Now that I have downloaded some of the tutorials, I have to go cause my battery is running low. So far we still have electric. Send an ark. Hugs, Jan L.

quilter.martha
August 25th, 2011, 07:39 AM
That same storm you got Jan is headed our way for later today. They're predicting some heavy storms. THEN, it looks like the hurricane is headed our way for Sunday. If so this will be my first. How amazing to think that New England could be hit with a hurricane. It's messing up our plans to get our daughter back to school, but we are making contingency plans...

Loonwatcher
August 25th, 2011, 08:49 AM
We've got the winds so far here in VT and the rain is just beginning. Supposed to be rain and T-storms all day.

debinmalaga
August 25th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Congrats on your rain, Mary!

pisceslibra
August 25th, 2011, 10:47 AM
i hope it rains here in fl cause it will help me sleep better

quiltingtrish
August 25th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Mary - so happy to hear you got some rain, even though I'm sure it's not nearly enough.

Dh let the kitties out this morning and than came back to bed. The thunder woke me up and I found the one kitty at the front door frantically looking inside and the other who is deathly afraid of thunder - sitting in the window well. It was so funny. Looks like the storm is past for today - it wasn't too bad of one for us.
I don't mind storms, but when they make me jump like they did Jan, then I'd rather it pass me by.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
August 25th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Sorry, Ladies. Looks like my rain dance got a bit out of control yesterday. I'm spending some time refining some moves today and we'll see if we can do without all the noise and ice balls . . . .

Uh one, ana two, ana three . . . . Left, right, right, hop, left, right, right, hop . . .

janluna
August 25th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Too funny Sandy! I forgive you. LOL

Txgrandma
August 25th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Sandy your moves were just fine as far as I'm concerned, even the electrcity being out didn't bother me. We actually got a little more early today. I was told today it's supposed to be around 106 on Saturday. Keep on dancin' Sandy you're doing just fine.