PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday, Christmas is coming on strong

Blondie
December 22nd, 2014, 07:58 AM

Happy Monday folksies!

What a crazy and fast week this will be. I am about as finished as I will be; Interpretation: It didn't all get done and I am really out of time since I am working everday except Christmas this week. I am not working all day, mind you, just here and there but that's enough to send my brain and body into sensory overload. Plus, it looks as if the relations are coming. I told my cousin they could stay not longer than 2 days because of my work and etc. She "gets" it.

We had snow flurries on Saturday. Nothing stuck - how lovely to see it coming down so fast and furious. at the moment we are getting rain. I believe that is what we shall be getting all week is rain. that's okay with me. we had so much snow (for us) last year that I have voted for no snow this winter. I told the Lord that I want my NC winter where our snow is like Camelot. Here at night, lovely to see and poof, gone with no trouble. I like the world inside my head. Now back away slowly, don't tell me the truth of reality, and we will all get along just fine.

Saturday we all had lunch as a birthday gift to me and then did some shopping. I am happy that I was not driving. As if turned out, even when not driving in horrible bumper to bumper and cops directing traffic, I can become a fire breathing dragoness. I used to think that peeps were rude only when in a hurry. Not. they are rude and actually quite thoughtless when trying to finish up their christmas. Nevermore, quote the raven. My determination is up and strong to not do this type of dining or shopping ever again. The problem is simple. I do not do well in crowds.

Be blessed today and the rest of the week. I am going to sit here, read a bit, drink coffee and devour copious amounts of cookies. This will be my first ever time of saying I will diet after the holidays. If you saw my waistline, you would have to agree. But for now, those peanut blossom cookies look really good.

Hugs, prayers and loads of SMILES to each.

Not sure if I will be back here this week or not. if not, play niceand be kind to everyone. Everyone's stocking is the same size . . .

Suzette
December 22nd, 2014, 08:07 AM
Blondie, your posts always start my day with a smile and a great outlook for the day to come! Thanks for that!! :icon_bigsmile:

Rain here in Florida, but I will take it over snow. I grew up in the north (Pennsylvania), so I have had my fair share of snow and cold for the holidays. Now I get to enjoy warm and (most of the time) sunny! :D

My shopping is done, so the next two days are dedicated to finishing up Christmas cookies with my daughter. Have a good one everybody! Hugs!!!

Ginny B
December 22nd, 2014, 08:25 AM
Good morning. Happy Christmas week. It is going to be a busy one for sure. Note to self: next year wrap the gifts as soon as possible after you buy them! Too many hours spent doing that yesterday. Another note to self: write down where you hide gifts! I cannot find 2 of dh's gifts anywhere. :(

Christmas brunch today at work, and unbeknownst to the "brunchers", there will be a fire drill right in the middle of it. I am one of the fire wardens so I was told. Tonight I will do some baking and tomorrow morning I pick ds and dil up at the airport. 🙌 It's going to be a great week.

Ok, off I go to make up some cookie dough.

Happy Monday everyone

songbird857
December 22nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
Oh Blondie, I'm with ya on the 'not gittin it all done' but I'm ok with that, life being what it is right now. When I first woke up I had a thought... I realized that my cutting table will make the perfect 'present wrapping station'! Hubs just left for work, and I'm gonna get myself a cup of coffee and make that my morning task before everyone else arises out of slumber ;)
Then I shall make a grocery list so I can make sure that I have everything for the week - especially the ingredients for baked french toast on Christmas morning....mmmmm. Most mornings I'm a yogurt and fruit girl but not on Christmas!!!!
Hope everyone has a great day. Hugs all around...

Monique
December 22nd, 2014, 08:40 AM
Good morning. It looks like we might just have a green Christmas. Did you hear about the Santabomb coming?

I accomplished what I set out this weekend. I completed 3 table runners, the binding is done on the big quilt and binding attached on the wall hanging. I work today so I will take the big quilt with me to finish the corners where I could not get to. I am having lunch with a lady today, who was a good friend of my Mom. I have known her all my life, so it will be nice to spend some time with her today, and one of the table runners are hers.

Greg arrives tomorrow at some point. Good thing I got all his gifts wrapped. I still have to finish Maizyn's jammies, no big deal.

BUSY BUSY week ahead. Hubby, this morning, informed me that today is the last day of peace and quiet before everyone comes home. And that is okay with me. I love having them all here.

Safe travels to all those going somewhere.

Well, have a wonderful day friends.

Grandma Nan
December 22nd, 2014, 08:43 AM
Good morning Blondie and all
I am snuggling up to a coffee cup this morning too. Actually starting #2.

I know what you mean about this week flying by and I'm not even working outside the home. I can identify with you sister about hating crowds. I just don't do well in that situation either. Thats why I have never attended a concert or similar places, hate going to fairs etc. I'm hitting the grocery store early this morning to get my last groceries before Christmas. Anything else I need DH will go pick up and I won't go to Costco til next year at this point. Its crazy there with police directing the traffic in and out of the parking lot. Most of the fresh stuff, like buns and salad, I assigned to someone else to bring just so I don't have to go out.

Our weather is dull and gray and forecasting freezing rain overnight tonight and rain for Christmas which is ok for me. Its actually quite mild for us. I dont like the freezing rain but I am old enough now that I don't care if I never see snow again. There are too many people in my life with mobility problems and the snow really hampers them getting out and about.

I'm also getting my nails done today and hope they last til Christmas. I get the shellac done so it usually lasts about 2 weeks.

The basement renos are not done but the main room and bathroom in the basement (not my sewing room) is going to be ok for Christmas. Lots of room for everyone and we can all sit down together at one time. The tables are arriving on Tuesday afternoon so I can get tables set on Christmas eve. I bought dollar store table cloths to lay over the plates so that it doesn't get any dust from the dry wall that might be remaining. We have conscripted a crew to help clean up from the drywall and mud. I think it will all come together but no worries as there is lots of food for everyone and we'll all be together so that is most important. Even mom is going to try and come.

Well I better go and get this week started. Like Blondie not sure how much I will be on the forum this week but will pop in on my coffee breaks. Everyone take care and make this a safe holiday season. Thoughts going out to our friends who are ill over this time, you are not forgotten.

Carrie J
December 22nd, 2014, 08:50 AM
Morning all, and looks like a fast approach to Christmas! :D Blondie, yep, did some of that driving this weekend as well. Though I wasn't driving (told my Sister and Niece they were nuts for going out on the last full weekend prior to Christmas, but nooooooo, lol) good thing too! Though driving a dualie does have a tendency to make SOME folks think twice before pressing their luck, lol! Others are just plain NUT JOBS this time of year!!! I'm glad the only shopping I'll be doing is getting the few things we need to finish out the week for groceries!
Going to be a green Christmas for sure here, though the week after, we'll be receiving much lower temps and a possibility of freezing rain and ice. Yep, after all it's Texas! Coffee is coming up, and all the planning for cutting into new fabric and messing up the sewing room, whoop! Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them! Merry Christmas y'all :D!

Shirley
December 22nd, 2014, 10:42 AM
Blondie, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Give your Mama a hug! And Merry Christmas to everyone. I'm looking forward to having breakfast Christmas morning with my beloved, my children, their spouses and my two granddaughters. I hope everyone has a happy day.

MRoy
December 22nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
Good morning! I'm on cuppa coffee #3 after being up and down with a sick hubby last night. He's got this upper respiratory stuff going on and coughing fits are bringing on laryngospasms (http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/laryngospasm-causes-symptoms-and-treatments) (sudden loss of breath). Thank goodness he already has an appointment with his doctor this morning for a checkup.

Christmas prep is done here. It will just be DH and me and we're going to a local restaurant for Christmas dinner if he feels up to it. I think we're both just ready for some rest. The last quilt guild sit-n-sew is this afternoon. I've not decided if I'll go, it depends on how tired I am later on. I may be napping on the sofa.

Amy R
December 22nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
Morning! If I don't see you ladies til after Christmas, I wish you a happy, healthy and joyful one. You ladies and gents are a blessing in my life for sure I'm so glad I get to be here morning after morning.

Gifts are wrapped, still need to finish dad and bro's stuff and wrap those but there's time. Everything food wise is ready to go. I might make some cookies if there's time.

Sandy Navas
December 22nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
Ah - should I mention that it is RAINING here? Last Thursday morning we had 3-4 inches of snow when we got up. Now there's wetness all over the place. Temps in the 40's, but who knows how long that will last. I fear all the peeps who come into contact with drivers who have no concern for their safety or the safety of others - it's usually the innocent who are hurt.

Today got the notice of another lost friend - that tallies up the count to FIVE in the last two weeks. I think December just happens to be a bad month for those who are ready to go home.

Working on the Layer Cake + Jelly Roll quilt - I'm 'blending' a Lexington JR with Butter Pecan LC - I have it up on my design wall but not sure I'm really 'digging' it. Double blocks are sewn - maybe by the time I get the quad blocks together I'll like it more.

Sending special good thoughts, warm wishes, joy and happiness, and true healing to everyone. Enjoy your time with your families.

Amy R
December 22nd, 2014, 11:23 AM
Sandy, so sorry. It seems to be the season for both happy and sad.

ravelim
December 22nd, 2014, 11:30 AM
Merry Christmas. Not sure what week will bring. Our kids are coming Wednesday noon so my time is getting short although...DH really is the one doing most of it. And he's been on a jag to clean out drawers in the kitchen.(Not that it needed it!) Lol

I am trying to finish the table skirts for my sewing room. Should be able to get that done today.

Everyone is on my prayer list and my wishes for you is to have a great celebration whatever you celebrate at this time of year.Happiness and smiles to all of you.

GrammaBabs
December 22nd, 2014, 11:33 AM
Merry Christmas to all and to "Blondie Goodnight"... hehehe ,,, little play on words there...
Amazingly , thing are coming together here... Family stuff is done, with our little "day" being with my DD's MIL on "the day",, with only my GS and his GF.. DD and hubs,, MIL and Me and Mr. Bill... my daughter has learned her lesson well,, and is a gift to her hub's Mother... takes care of her, putting up tree, having house cleaned... and tracking her health, in and out of rehabs on a regular basis... she struggles since she lost her DH,,, and I don't believe her mind is 100%.. so we do all our Holidays at her house..
Son David is walking the path "again" in FL,, so far so good,, but my gift of life is living here in a comm. of friends to share good times with!!! It will be Christmas Eve with them..
As for the workshop... ONE tote to finish..some wrapping,, bit of cooking and sweater to finish up... not bad in the scheme of Bab's World Holiday "pushes"...LOL
OH,,, am posting my "cardinal" quilt in Show and Tell... I'm so pleased with it..

So again,,, my love and hugs to each and everyone of you,,, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the best people on the web!:) Babs!!

ravelim
December 22nd, 2014, 11:33 AM
Grandma Nan, would you send pictures of your renovated spaces after Christmas? It sounds so nice!

aliaslaceygreen
December 22nd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Good Monday to you!! I finally have Laylabug back after almost a month of Mondays off... I missed this little one! We started a tradition last night... (doing something twice, right??) Layla decided to dance with Granpa to Snoopy like she did last year.... I posted it on my blog....
Christmas Photo a Day, December 22, 2014 | More Notes From the Refrigerator Door (http://aliaslaceygreen.com/2014/12/22/christmas-photo-a-day-december-22-2014/)
Only a few more days to go....are you all ready??

auntiemern
December 22nd, 2014, 01:15 PM
Oh Blondie, my tinsel is already in a tangle. I have a few more things to venture out and get, and still need to wrap some things. Some of my most special gifties will not be ready in time for Christmas, but am hoping soon after.
Gabe was supposed to go for an extensive MRI and shunt tap today, but he is coughing...and got into the chocolate donuts that Gran bought him yesterday. We are rescheduled for next Monday.
DH has to figure improvise me a wrapping station for today, cuz I just can't stand at the island for that long. (although it is the perfect wrapping station) Still having some breathing issues...I am going to try to increase my neb treatments and see if that helps. I don't do them the way I am supposed to because I DO NOT like the way they make me feel. ( they are after all a danged steroid..I am trying to stay on an even keel with those )
Anyway the plan is to wrap today...then venture out later to shop.
Wishing all the wonderful peeps here a very Merry and Blessed Christmas..

BellasQuilts
December 22nd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Good morning all. Got a list a mile long to get done, but not unhappy about it. Love getting things done. Most are just daily stuff that needs doing and a few holiday things. Now is a good time to thank each and every one of you for your friendship, quilting advice, prayers, etc. over the past year. I love hanging with my "quilties" here and have enjoyed your company and postings immensely. Take care over the holidays, watch out for the weather, and let's all look forward to a wonderful 2015! Hugs to all of you today - and be sure to Smile, right, Blondie?

Eriepatch
December 22nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
I just want to say how much I have enjoyed this forum and you wonderful people that
have been so kind and helpful since I joined in May. I feel like I have a new family!
Merry Christmas to each of you in however you plan to spend it. Hopefully, with family
and your pets.

Cathy F
December 22nd, 2014, 04:25 PM
Can't say good morning all cause the day is flying past me and it's already 2:00pm! Started off early with breakfast out with friends, then from there we had to do the grocery store run, then pick up a few last minute things for wrapping or should I say bagging! I needed 2 large gift bags for a quilt for my son in law and one for a large fish pillow for our grandson.
Today is more cookie baking tomorrow is the last day for that then they are done. Didn't do as many varieties this year but if they don't like them they don't have to eat them. Like that's gonna happen, hubby runs to the kitchen the minute the buzzer goes off!
I'd like to take this time to wish all my forum friends the "bestest" of the season! Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, or whatever you may celebrate. For the New Year I wish you all health and happiness.

Sandy Navas
December 22nd, 2014, 04:53 PM
Good Monday to you!! I finally have Laylabug back after almost a month of Mondays off... I missed this little one! We started a tradition last night... (doing something twice, right??) Layla decided to dance with Granpa to Snoopy like she did last year.... I posted it on my blog....
Christmas Photo a Day, December 22, 2014 | More Notes From the Refrigerator Door (http://aliaslaceygreen.com/2014/12/22/christmas-photo-a-day-december-22-2014/)
Only a few more days to go....are you all ready??

Trish, get the bricks out and put them on her head. I can't get over how much she's grown since I last saw pictures. What a great memory she'll have!!

Over40momma
December 22nd, 2014, 05:05 PM
Technical issues would not let me in this morning......so I did up some Christmas baking. Oh the place smells wonderful!!! So now I have a cup of coffee and catching up here. Then a whole mess of presents to wrap. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything and don't have to go back out this week.
Wishing you all a great day and keep safe.

Bubby
December 22nd, 2014, 05:19 PM
Sandy B, I had the same issue getting into M* this morning. I felt like I was locked out of my own house!

It rained here all night and so far today. I had to walk out to the woods and everything is mushy. Little Olive is sitting next to me needing to go outdoors. I should round up the Girls and go.

Things here are real slow and easy. This is the slowest Christmas I can remember. I'm on pins and needles knowing my new machine is on the way.

Wising everyone a blessed day.

MayinJerset
December 22nd, 2014, 06:20 PM
Good afternoon, I got so busy this morning I didn't have time say Morning to all. Soup is simmering on stove top and bread ready for warming in oven at dinner time. All the laundry done until after Christmas. DS#1 and DGD here for Christmas Eve dinner and we'll be at DS#2's on Christmas Day. Won't see DS#3 until next week as he lives in MA, but all 3 sons and most of their families will be at DGD's wedding on Monday the 29th. Tomorrow I'll make some cookies and brave Costco for some salmon for Christmas Eve's dinner. If need be DH will tour the parking lot while I run into the store, hope they have some carts available so I can whiz in and out quickly.

HandsOffItsMine
December 23rd, 2014, 12:29 AM
10:18 pm Atlanta - 6:18 pm Anchorage Airport - Don just called to say he made it to his flight with 20 minutes to spare before boarding to get to Seattle. Poor guy left at 10 am from the North Slope and they had to wait for another plane at Dead Horse because of mechanical issues. This is normally a 3 hour flight max with a stop in Dead Horse. At least he's made to Anchorage and the Seattle flight is scheduled to leave on time.

He'll hang out at the Delta Lounge with soup/sandwiches/drinks and some decent chairs for about 9 hours. :( Not too many options if you don't want to fly through the East Coast airports to get to Atlanta. If that flight leaves on time, we'll see Don around 8 pm tomorrow night. Ollie and Penny want to see their Opa, let's hope traffic works with him. ;)

Meanwhile I'm almost done wrapping, got to pick up groceries tomorrow for my list of dishes to take to the Xmas Eve Dinner at the Inlaws. Do some more sewing/embroidery. Color my hair! Oy...why does the gray all of a sudden pop in overnight!

bscuzz
December 23rd, 2014, 01:10 AM
Good morning. Happy Christmas week. It is going to be a busy one for sure. Note to self: next year wrap the gifts as soon as possible after you buy them! Too many hours spent doing that yesterday. Another note to self: write down where you hide gifts! I cannot find 2 of dh's gifts anywhere. :(

Happy Monday everyone

Ginny B, when I read your post I had to laugh "Another note to self: write down where you hide gifts! I cannot find 2 of dh's gifts anywhere."

Just yesterday my memory was foggy of one of the gifts I had bought for my GS and where I hid it . . . . so, I go looking for my "secret Gift List" (also hidden so the kid's don't find it) to identify the gift , which might remind me where I hid it! Well in looking for my 'hidden gift list' I actually found the missing gift. Unfortunately, I still haven't found my "secret Gift List" but the missing gift is no longer missing!?!?!?!? Christmas can make you crazy!! :icon_crazy:

MayinJerset
December 23rd, 2014, 02:26 AM
Had to laugh about "B" looking for missing gifts and gift lists - been doing that a lot this Christmas. Couldn't find the gift card I got for DH using the points on my credit card, it wasn't in any of the places I was storing the gifts. Decided to check emails about ordering it and found the credit card's email telling me it would arrive in 2 - 4 weeks! No wonder I couldn't find it because they haven't sent it to me yet. I hope it gets here before Christmas.