PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Heart

auntiemern
December 21st, 2014, 11:36 PM
I have known this news for some time, but was praying a miracle would happen. One of our 'kids' that received a special quilt...is on a short countdown. Her cancer is back with a vengeance, and they are only expecting another 3-6 months. I had the amazing pleasure of meeting this amazing young lady when I delivered her quilt to her. Through out her illness, she has kept other peoples needs in front of her own. She has collected everything from coats and blankets for homeless people, to food to take to the local food pantry.
Last night she got to personally meet Reba McIntire. She was also able to take a dream trip to New Orleans last month.. Her mom and others are trying to fulfill her 'bucket list'
I just read the latest post about her and she has new and growing tumors in her lungs, as well as fluid build up. Hospice will have their first meeting with her tomorrow.
I will keep praying for a miracle.

Amy R
December 21st, 2014, 11:43 PM
Oh no :( I'm still praying for a miracle since I read about here on your last post.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 21st, 2014, 11:47 PM
How sad! I am glad she is getting some awesome " bucket list" opportunities during the times she feels up to it. Her quilt is so pretty.

Carrie J
December 21st, 2014, 11:50 PM
Marilyn, I am so very sorry to hear this. There are no words here, only heartfelt thoughts of comfort, warmth and many prayers.

Sandy Navas
December 22nd, 2014, 12:26 AM
There are angels among us. Who knows why they make such fleeting visits on earth. Prayers.

Grandma Nan
December 22nd, 2014, 12:35 AM
What an amazing young woman to have touched so many others when she was obviously suffering. I am so happy that portions of her bucket list are being fulfilled. We never know why some people are chosen to leave the world early but then it is not ours to know.

bscuzz
December 22nd, 2014, 12:55 AM
Very sad, so young with so much to give. God must have bigger plans for her. Prayers for her and her loved ones.

Carlie Wolf
December 22nd, 2014, 12:57 AM
I believe she is the miracle.

GuitarGramma
December 22nd, 2014, 03:53 AM
My heart and prayers go out to this beautiful young lady.

Gina
December 22nd, 2014, 04:08 AM
Such a Beautiful girl inside and out! Will continue to pray for her and her family!

Suzette
December 22nd, 2014, 08:11 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with this sweet girl.

Blondie
December 22nd, 2014, 08:18 AM
praying for she and her family right this minute. And for you too, sweet marilyn. You are one of the angels among us.

Andrea F
December 22nd, 2014, 09:06 AM
This is so very sad. What an amazing girl. I'm sending good thoughts and hope the miracle happens.

songbird857
December 22nd, 2014, 09:12 AM
I remember her from when you posted before - praying for her and her family :)

MayinJerset
December 22nd, 2014, 10:19 AM
There are angels among us. Who knows why they make such fleeting visits on earth. Prayers.

Yes indeed there are angels amongst us. So glad you were able to bring some comfort to her with a quilt and learn about her activities. Bless you to keep up the wonderful work as you are one of those angels.

Shirley
December 22nd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Will pray for this sweet child.

asta
December 22nd, 2014, 10:59 AM
What a beautiful young lady, both inside and out. Prayers that she finds a miracle!

Bubby
December 22nd, 2014, 02:59 PM
Bless her heart...I'm praying for a miracle for her.

SallyO'Sews
December 22nd, 2014, 03:36 PM
Prayers sent; more on the way. I pray she has a good Christmas with her family.

cyndiofthevortex
December 22nd, 2014, 03:44 PM
This is the saddest news. I'm so sorry to hear it. I will pray for this young lady.

Iris Girl
December 22nd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Good thoughts coming her way for a miracle she so deserves.

Over40momma
December 22nd, 2014, 04:49 PM
Some stars just shine sooo brightly that they do not get to stay here very long. My continued prayers are with this young lady and also for you Marilyn as I know how much this touches your heart and soul. :icon_hug:

Grandma G
December 22nd, 2014, 04:55 PM
This is another instance of asking why, God, but the answers won't come in our lifetime. So sorry to hear this. Will pray for this awesome young lady.

auntiemern
December 23rd, 2014, 01:25 AM
I ran into Phoenix' mom Stephanie at WalMart this evening. It took everything I had to keep it together. She remembered my name which kinda surprised me, cuz they have so many people that have done big and little things for them. They are stronger than I think I would be under the circumstances.

Madeforyouinma11
December 23rd, 2014, 09:06 AM
Keeping Phoenix and her family in my prayers.

Simply Quilting
December 23rd, 2014, 06:38 PM
Praying for her and her family.

Marebear
December 23rd, 2014, 07:12 PM
Prayers and good thoughts sent for her.

MartinaG
December 23rd, 2014, 07:49 PM
Life just isn't fair. I hope the family has lots of quality time left together.

BellasQuilts
December 23rd, 2014, 08:23 PM
Sad news, but praying hard for a miracle. She sounds like the kind we need to keep here on earth!