PDA

View Full Version : Virus Came to My House :(

JCY
December 21st, 2014, 05:06 PM
I woke up ~ midnight feeling very cold. When I got up, that old sick feeling waved over me, I broke out in a sweat, & had nausea & vomiting. I hate to throw up! I took a Dramamine to help with the nausea, took a charcoal cap. to help with the gut rumbling. Piled on more blankets. I was still so cold. Up again at 2:00, took another charcoal & an Acetaminophen. Managed to sleep till the alarm went off at 5:00. Got sick again. I felt very weak, but fixed DH's breakfast. He did the dishes for me. So far, no more N/V, but now I have a fever & feel achy. I kept down a sm. breakfast at 9:30. It tasted like cardboard. I'm looking for something light to have for lunch. I think I have some soup around. DH worries when I get sick, since I am his caregiver. I don't know if this is food poisoning or if I picked up one of the viruses making the round. Anyway, it's no fun. I think the recliner will be my best friend today, & maybe tomorrow, too. I hope everyone else is staying well.

AuntieVic
December 21st, 2014, 05:19 PM
So sorry to hear you are feeling yucky. That does sound like the silly flu that is going around, get plenty of rest and drink some liquids. Get well soon.

K. McEuen
December 21st, 2014, 05:28 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon. I agree with you, throwing up is the worst!

Eriepatch
December 21st, 2014, 05:50 PM
Sorry JCY....I do hope you feel better soon. Hopefully a 24 hr virus!

Monique
December 21st, 2014, 06:22 PM
Feel better soon.

Marty
December 21st, 2014, 06:33 PM
Hope you feel better soon. I was sick with some sort of virus for about 6 weeks. Ugg . Unfortunately my husband wasn't as helpful as yours. Cuddle under a cozy quilt and rest.

Kgrammiecaz
December 21st, 2014, 06:34 PM
I am blessed only have a touch of it so far. Able to function somewhat. My daughter works in the ER and said they have diagnosed the flu in many. Be careful out there. Keep hands clean and away from your face.

Bubby
December 21st, 2014, 06:40 PM
It sounds like a flu virus. Lots of fluids and rest. Sorry, this is a bad time of year to be under the weather. My DD is down with the same thing.

songbird857
December 21st, 2014, 07:02 PM
Yuck. I hope you're feeling better soon!

laura44
December 21st, 2014, 07:06 PM
So sorry you are feeling bad! Wish you a speedy recovery!
I heard on the radio this years flu shot will not do a lot as the
flu bug has changed into a different version.

kimsophia
December 21st, 2014, 09:03 PM
I wish doctors could prescribe Tamiflu as needed, so when, like you, I get sick in the middle of the night, which I always do, I can get started on Tamiflu right away. :( I hope it is a short term illness and you are better again soon!

Over40momma
December 21st, 2014, 09:15 PM
Awwww hun, hope you are feeling better soon. :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug:

irishrn
December 21st, 2014, 09:34 PM
Sending wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope you feel better soon!
Sickness at Christmas is the pits!!

Sandy Navas
December 21st, 2014, 11:17 PM
Sure hope you recover quickly.

JCY
December 22nd, 2014, 01:10 AM
I spent most of the day in my recliner, dozing. Couldn't eat very much. Everything tastes like cardboard! I'm headed to bed shortly. I hope I can get more sleep than last night. Got a fever this afternoon, so feel quite achy. I hope tomorrow will be a better day. We don't have anything special planned for Christmas Day, so I don't have to prepare for guests or anything. It's just DH & me.

MRoy
December 22nd, 2014, 01:17 AM
I hope you can get a good night's sleep and feel better tomorrow. My DH is sick too but his seems to be mostly upper respiratory stuff.

bubba
December 22nd, 2014, 01:28 AM
Yuck! I hate throwing up! Hope you feel better soon!

mommamarsh
December 22nd, 2014, 01:31 AM
Hope you feel better soon. Try to drink all you can .

stationarymom
December 22nd, 2014, 01:52 AM
Hope you feel better soon.