PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to Forum members....

MayinJerset
December 21st, 2014, 11:49 AM
May be a good idea for you to update your forum profile by adding your snail addy to the User Notes. Some forum members might want to send you a Christmas card, or even a little gift. Just saying....

Click on your name under your little photo, click on view profile, then the User Notes and fill in your address. Don't forget to save the info.

toggpine
December 21st, 2014, 02:02 PM
It does make sending "forum mail" a lot easier if we have an address. :icon_hi:

For those that are security conscious, I haven't heard of anyone getting anything that was less than lovely in their mail boxes from this group of people. :D

Sandy Navas
December 21st, 2014, 03:12 PM
Another idea is to add your e-mail address (it's never made public) and if it is available someone can e-mail you directly and if you are comfortable you can share information with only that person . . .

JCY
December 21st, 2014, 04:51 PM
I think most people like the anonymity of not posting their addresses or e-m's. One just never knows who's lurking on a public web site.

Sonic
December 21st, 2014, 04:53 PM
Another idea is to add your e-mail address (it's never made public) and if it is available someone can e-mail you directly and if you are comfortable you can share information with only that person . . .
I like this idea as I am one of those safety conscious people......yeah, annoying huh? :icon_whistle:

K. McEuen
December 21st, 2014, 04:55 PM
The "security" thing isn't an issue with this site, but if your email or your address is on your profile it can be seen ANYWHERE on the web. Once published here, it is out there for the world to see, not just for members of the forum. I'm just throwing this info out for everyone to see. Make your decision from that as to whether you want to share personal information with everyone or not.

Grandma Nan
December 21st, 2014, 05:06 PM
I realize we have to be careful with our personal information but the reality is that its out there whether or not we give it out. The telephone book has been and continues to publish our address to whomever wants to pick up a copy. It is very difficult to remain anonymous these days. If anyone has any information they can easily find out who you are and where you live. If you use a computer it is likely that many people can figure out who you are if they are intent on malicious actions.

Hulamoon
December 21st, 2014, 05:16 PM
I googled my name and it showed up everywhere except for here.

Sonic
December 21st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Many phone companies, for an extra buck or two, will exclude you from phone book listings and some sites/email hosts can also allow you to "hide" behind their company address. Ya just gotta know those options exist and ask for them.

Deegles
December 21st, 2014, 07:08 PM
I do not post my personal information especially address because all it takes is one to ruin credit, steal your identity, figure out passwords. I do not recommend giving out ANY of your personal information. It takes months to resolve issues like those. I don't care if someone was willing to give me 1000 bucks for posting of my info. If you are not strangers and have actually met a person from this forum then you can contact them personally and exchange that info.....you never knows who lurks out there. Sorry. :icon_pcnoob:

Deegles
December 21st, 2014, 07:11 PM
I have a better idea. Why don't you go to one of those free online card making sites and make a card and give the link for the card for everyone to see your Merry Wishes!

Iris Girl
December 21st, 2014, 07:47 PM
wow thats all I have say is wow! I enjoy sending surprises to my quilty friends and receiving them.

lourixe
December 21st, 2014, 08:08 PM
wow thats all I have say is wow! I enjoy sending surprises to my quilty friends and receiving them.

Some years ago I was member of a forum that started as friendly as this is, and I ended up being harassed by somebody that even made jokes of my father's death when this happened. That "person"? knew who I was, but fortunately could not get my adress nor phone number. I think you might give this info to members you trust, by pm or email, but I would never ever write that in an open area of a public website.

auntiemern
December 21st, 2014, 11:15 PM
I agree April....I have no fear of anyone on this forum...and as for the nut cases...we can generally weed them out pretty fast. ;)

Iris Girl
December 22nd, 2014, 06:25 AM
I agree April....I have no fear of anyone on this forum...and as for the nut cases...we can generally weed them out pretty fast. ;)

Agreed! The addresses are so we can send a lil surprise to someone who needs it for whatever reason. If you had to pm them and ask no surprise, that takes the fun out of sending surprises. I have no fear of anyone here either. My way of thinking is who has time to deal with malicious stuff when we are all quilting like crazy. Call me naive if you like I prefer to live in my Pollyanna world. I have done no wrong to anyone here so why would anyone do something malicious to me.

MayinJerset
December 22nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Oh please, didn't want to upset anyone so add your info or not, it's a personal decision.
Just wanted to send someone a little article I thought they would enjoy and no snail addy was in her profile.

Rhonda D. Matzker
December 22nd, 2014, 08:38 PM
I have sent gifts to people from the forum who did not know me personally and it would have taken all of the meaning out of the gift if I to ask them for their address. I guarantee if someone wanted to get your personal information, this forum isn't going to be the place they are going to look for it first. If they want it bad enough to harm to someone they are going to get it regardless of how SAFE you think you are being. So take a chill pill people.