PDA

View Full Version : 12 days with Luli

Divine Daisy
December 21st, 2014, 11:48 AM
Luli is our newly adopted 12 year old Border Collie. She is ball obsessed, crazy about her teddy which she drops on our laps to get our attention and is the best dog ever!

To mark her 12th day with us, I rewrote a well known little ditty…………..

On the twelfth day with Luli

My collie gave to me

Twelve happy memories

Eleven lovely kisses

Ten laughs by grinning

Nine barks for leaving

Eight sardine belches

Seven licks to love me

Six chewed up biscuits

Five rubber rings

Four muddy feet

Three smelly farts

Two soggy balls

And a teddy to go with my tea

We finally got a photo!

Cathy F
December 21st, 2014, 11:53 AM
She is just beautiful and I'm so glad she found her forever home!

quiltingtrish
December 21st, 2014, 12:00 PM
Oh, she is gorgeous! I'm so glad she got you two!!

Sandy Navas
December 21st, 2014, 12:12 PM
You do know, if truth be told, that SHE found YOU for the same reasons you and Stewart found her, don't you??????

She is so beautiful. And you deserve recognition for your poetic powers.

Eriepatch
December 21st, 2014, 12:18 PM
What a fine Christmas present for all of you!
Bless you

BellasQuilts
December 21st, 2014, 12:18 PM
What a lucky girl she is! Blessings on that little pup.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 21st, 2014, 12:20 PM
What a cutie! Sounds like you and Luli are adjusting to each other quite nicely.

I'm still waiting for my daughter's 6 year old border collie to calm down and be decent to humans and other household pets and furnishings! Maybe it's a hopeless case with him!

irishrn
December 21st, 2014, 12:28 PM
How sweet!! Merry Christmas to you all!!

stitching woman
December 21st, 2014, 12:47 PM
A wonderful Christmas present for all of you to have each other. She is beautiful.

whippetmom
December 21st, 2014, 01:09 PM
RESCUED IS MY FAVORITE BREED.
She is beautiful, she will enhance your life beyond words. Ask me how I know !!!!

toggpine
December 21st, 2014, 01:53 PM
I'm happy to hear that she is settling in. She is a beauty.

How is Seamus getting along with her? Has he taught her the neighborhood rounds yet? Has she gotten past the issue with the butcher?

Granny Fran
December 21st, 2014, 01:56 PM
She is such a good looking lady. I love your poem, it's so on the mark when we have fur babies. If I remember correctly, she had a few issues when out walking. Have these resolved? Sounds like it.
Wonderful to take in a senior pet. They deserve all the love we can give them.

Grandma G
December 21st, 2014, 01:59 PM
That's wonderful!! I wonder if she realizes how lucky she is to have been adopted into your home. Merry Christmas, sweet lady!!

buckeyequilter
December 21st, 2014, 02:00 PM
She is beautiful!!!

CarolynK
December 21st, 2014, 02:34 PM
She is beautiful and so glad you found each other! I can't imagine life without my fur kids. They just make me smile.

songbird857
December 21st, 2014, 03:12 PM
luli is gorgeous!!!!!! Great poem :)

Monique
December 21st, 2014, 03:31 PM
You know I am not a dog/cat/animal person but you, Stewart and Luli are certainly lucky to have found each other. Merry Christmas to you and Stewart and may 2015 bring you many many joys and good health.

Divine Daisy
December 21st, 2014, 03:51 PM
I'm happy to hear that she is settling in. She is a beauty.

How is Seamus getting along with her? Has he taught her the neighborhood rounds yet? Has she gotten past the issue with the butcher?

Seamus is doing well...........he keep chirping for Lou and when she comes he stares her out! she brings him her fav toys and gently place them in front of him.....he ignores them. They will be best friends in the end......but co existing for the moment is good enough.

As for Lou's 'issues'. Well..............she still refuses to walk past the butcher and is afraid of all lit doorways to be truthful but we are working on it. She gets a treat every time she manages it and it is slowly sinking in that its ok. The camera remains a huge issue. We tricked her today to get the one photo we have. We are also working on her fear of the brush. She badly needs to be groomed but ....slowly slowly.

Simply Quilting
December 21st, 2014, 04:07 PM
Beautiful dog. Positive reinforcement will have her over her issues soon I hope. I'm glad that she likes treats. Ours even after having her 18 months (she is approximately two - we got her as a rescue at about 6 months) doesn't like the brush but is much better than what she use to be.

AnnieBQuilter
December 21st, 2014, 04:45 PM
Luli is such a beauty! We lost our sweet Shelti two years ago which is the longest we have ever been without a furry kid. We have decided that after Christmas we are going to contact the Florida Shelti Rescue and bring another doggie member into our family. It's taken awhile to get over our loss and both be ready at the same time to get another. After we get our Shelti I will have to start working on my husband to adopt another Cocker Spaniel which is what we always had before our Pepper.

Annie

K. McEuen
December 21st, 2014, 05:01 PM
She's a good looking dog. Glad the two of you are enjoying her. How is Seamus coping?