PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Night Owl tonight at 2 am on SUNDAY morning (Yes. it is SUNDAY)

MayinJerset
December 21st, 2014, 04:17 AM
I doubled checked with my computer before posting this tread and I have the day of the week right this time.

Finished my wrap a ton just before dinner time, spent most of the day on it and I'm exhausted. Next thing I'm doing is preparing my 2015 Christmas gift list, besides crossing off a few names I'm writing in BIG LETTERS across the top,
"ON LINE SHOPPING AND/OR GIFT CARDS FOR ALL THIS YEAR", no more wrapping and mailing big packages - let's keep gifts small in size like gift cards or checks and for ease in mailing.

I like thinking about what gifts to get others and even shopping for them but this year convinced me I need to cut the shopping at local stores out, my knees and legs give out on me too soon and the shopping comes a chore. So thankful for online shopping and having gifts sent directly to recipient's homes. Kind of sleepy after such a busy day so I'll join Santa Owl on our branch and take a little snooze. 95423

BobW
December 21st, 2014, 04:21 AM
I have finished two books I have been reading. And I'm still wide awake. So I thought I would get up and see what was happening on the Internet.

No big plans tomorrow, just need to do laundry and clean some on the house. YUK! I want to straighten up the sewing area. It has gotten to be such a mess I don't even want to go in there and haven't since before Thanksgiving. I'm having withdrawal.

snippet
December 21st, 2014, 04:31 AM
I'm up too.

Catching up on the Best of Colbert Report shows, which aired before the final show. I think there were 25 of them. While I'm doing that I'm also catching up with the Quilt Design Creator classes I missed. The software requires a dongle and I misplaced it so I couldn't go to the classes for a few months. I finally found the thing in my luggage. I took my laptop with me on my trip this summer and thought I'd do some designing. WRONG. I had too much fun to do any computer stuff. lol silly me.

Just finished the missed classes - YEA! - and wanted to check on the DD for today. A book? eh, not for me thankfully. Now I'm off for bed and church in the morning.

I need to clean my sewing area too BobW. I've been doing a couple of sewing projects, then mail, and wrapping paper. That's not gonna work.

Nite y'all.

Cathy F
December 21st, 2014, 04:57 AM
Fell asleep too early this evening, now I' m wide awake. Tonight our 3 grandkids drove over and had dinner with us and then it was cookie making night. We made a few batches of cookie dough that's chilling in the fridge that I'll bake up tomorrow. We also made and baked a batch of a cranberry chocolate chip biscotti which was very tasty according to my grandson who came along with his sisters in the capacity of a "quality assurance" taster
Have to tweak my Christmas menu a bit as I thought there would be four of us for dinner and in a blink of the eye we are now up to twelve. May be more of a buffet style fill your plate and find a seat wherever you can.
Gifts are all wrapped, my husband did it all this year, and spared me the Christmas Eve marathon, he's my hero! I have one more project to finish for my sister but I will do that right after Christmas as I won't be seeing her before then so it looks like I'm in pretty good shape with my to do list.
Week, my eyes are finally starting to close, it's 3:00 am so this owl is signing off.

toggpine
December 21st, 2014, 04:58 AM
We attended another holiday party tonight. This time it was with Hubby's 'gun guys'. These are the guys he goes competitive shooting with. They are a nice enough bunch, and the conversation is usually pretty good.
With one exception, children are invited and I'm actually fine with that.
I'm NOT OK with parents who bring their kids to a function like this and then don't supervise them in anyway. They were running through the house, climbing on the furniture with their shoes on (beige couch), rough housing, and the list goes on. I scolded my daughter for the horseplay and for running. I actually made her sit beside me on the sofa. For which I received huffing and pouting. When the two boys came to see where she had gone off to I explained to them that she got in trouble for running through the house. "But we were playing chase." was one boy's response.
"I know. And she knows better that to run through someone else's house like that. It is rude and disrespectful to the people who invited you over. So now she has to sit here with me until she can think of a better way to play."
"Oh." He was realizing that he had gotten her in trouble and was trying to figure out how to fix it with his new friend. "Well, what if we speed-walk chase?" Nope. Still too fast on the slippery wood floors in your socks. "Okaaay. Can we penguin walk? " Sure, as long as it doesn't turn into running.

It was like this ALL night, one thing after another. I never once saw the mother or her husband check on the kids after they made sure they had something to eat. (I'd say the father, but looking at the children, you knew 3 of the 4 were not his, and the other three were likely only related maternally.) I will say they boys did NOT fight each other, nor did they sass any adults. They did try very hard to do what I asked, no running, etc., so they weren't complete heathens. I really blame the parents for not giving the kids better manners to use in public. Ugh!

I've been sporting a bum arm all day. I'm not sure what happened. I woke up this morning and my upper arm and shoulder feel like I ran full-bore into a doorjamb or something. I can't lift it laterally more than a few inches from my body before it hurts and starts to go numb. Holding anything with much weight is impossible. I tried the coffee pot this morning and nearly dropped it. The iron this evening was an interesting adventure in trying to press a few blocks. I'm hoping that I can undo what ever happened tonight when I go to sleep!

It's nearly midnight here and I'll go sew the rows of Dad's quilt together. I was hoping to get it sandwiched/basted tonight. That is going to take two good arms to crawl around on the floor, so we'll see if that goes on the list in the morning.

I'm off to the sewing nook, so I can hit the roost before too late!

Happy Sunday May! ( You really did that just to make us think!)

Juliet Taylor
December 21st, 2014, 05:11 AM
Finished my wrap a ton just before dinner time, spent most of the day on it and I'm exhausted. Next thing I'm doing is preparing my 2015 Christmas gift list, besides crossing off a few names I'm writing in BIG LETTERS across the top,

I'm so doing this as soon as Christmas is over... because this year I couldn't manage to do everything as I REALLY wanted, I couldn't sew each gift as I planned but I had to make some adjustments along the way... Christmas requires a hell of a good organization!

kimsophia
December 21st, 2014, 05:50 AM
Usually I do all my shopping online so Google has helpfully learned to insert my address into the lines provided without asking, which is usually great BUT its Christmas and I shipped my cousin's present to myself before I caught myself! So I got that shipped back to her and got a quilt started in 1986 shipped too. Yay. That monkey's off my back. Just need to get a cross stitch framed to get another one off. Then I can start my Kaffe Fasset quilt with a clean conscience.

Snippet, have you seen "A Very Colbert Christmas"? :)

Juliet Taylor
December 21st, 2014, 06:43 AM
Alright, a bad wake up (here is 10:42 AM) with sores everywhere just turned better with a delicious cup of hot chocolate, new recipe just tried! I could drown in my cup :D

toggpine
December 21st, 2014, 07:09 AM
Yea! I have two borders left to attach to Dad's quilt top and that is done! I'll hopefully finish that first thing in the morning and be able to get that and one other sandwiched. They are only lap sizes, so that should help the process move along.

It's 2 AM and I shall go see if I can find some pain reliever and warm the flax bag. Hopefully whatever is wrong with my shoulder will steal away in the night, just like it arrived. It is making me cranky and nobody wants or needs that this weekend.

Sweet dreams!

Monique
December 21st, 2014, 07:47 AM
Yesterday was a sewing day. I bound the quilt for my brother in law, bound the wall hanging for my brother, completed one table runner, have two more to complete as the tops are done. I need to run into town later for a few things but it is back to sewing today.

I caught a deer at my bird feeder yesterday. I bring it in now at night.

Have a great day everyone. Only 4 sleeps left!!

Sandy Navas
December 21st, 2014, 11:32 AM
A very wonderful day spent at Li'l Sis's place yesterday. Always great to spend time with loved ones.

Ginny B
December 21st, 2014, 01:11 PM
What a busy day yesterday! I was up until almost 2 and then I slept in until 9! I still have so much to do I could have kicked myself. So I've gotten a couple things done already and I'm heading to the kitchen now for a bit, then some wrapping and sewing too.

irishrn
December 21st, 2014, 02:01 PM
Got up early this morning. Started a pot of sauce, added sausage and made a tray of meatballs. Once it's done I'll be packing up meals for the freezer and leaving a portion for tonites dinner. All that is left is delivering local gifts which I should be able to start today.
All the while doing wash and cleaning! Leaving kitchen for Tuesday as I'm so messy when I make sauce!
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!