PDA

View Full Version : Almost 9 am on Sunday and where is everyone?

MayinJerset
December 20th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Most likely catching up on the sleep they missed this busy week or out trying to get to the stores early before everyone else. Only one stop shopping for me today, thinking of making some key chains as a little gift and need to pick up the metal parts at Michael's. If they don't have them it's no big deal.

DH and I had dinner last night at a local pizza place that expanded to include a dining room. We had never had their pizza but we thought since it's the Friday night before Christmas most restaurants would be crowded with big groups celebrating and little Angela's would be empty. Not so, one big party and 4 or 6 tables with 4 or more but there were a few tables available and no waiting. Dinner was very good and big servings, we both brought half home for tonight, plus half of the excellent Italian bread they served us. Chef came out to talk to everyone one, I told him didn't look like Angela, he laughed an said he's Tony, Seems like a family run place and we'll be back again soon. Too many choices to eat in our area, at least 4 diners nearby, all the big chains, newest is Texas Roadhouse, as well fast foods and Italian restaurants galore. Many Chinese, Japanese places as well as a new Peruvian one.

Back to mixing up cookie batters this morning and finish wrapping presents, ran out of the right size bags and boxes so we stopped at Dollar store on the way home from Angela's. Happy Sunday all.

Sandy Navas
December 20th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Oh, May - I'm sending in the calendar doctor for you. Seriously, you've lost a day haven't you? Or, is it me? I thought it was Saturday.

Just checked on my rum balls - had to try two to see if they are seasoned well enough to eat. There may not be any left by next week. I keep telling Al that I know exactly how many there are . . .

Today is lunch with my Li'l Sis and Big Bro (sorry, boB, but I don't think they sent your invitation in time). These are always the very best times of all. As my Bro says, since Li'l Sis's and my mates didn't attend school with us, we can fabricate all kinds of stories to keep them entertained and to insure their continued admiration. Life isn't much better than that.

And so, no quilting today, but I'll be back to stitching tomorrow.

If you are part of the Circle of Comfort group, you need to know that our GinnyKNC got her quilt - check the pictures to see how she's doing.

Sonic
December 20th, 2014, 11:15 AM
LOL!
I'm one of those who is a serious slug until the bottom of the second cup of java and the title really got me. I really thought I had lost a day.... and this week has been crazy enough to easily do that!
:lol:

songbird857
December 20th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Yep, slept in here... I think I'm done shopping except for my parents - which will probably be a gift card to Panera since they love to eat there :)
Today will be making cookies and filling out cards, maybe a little sewing if I can squeeze it in!
Have a great day everyone!

buckeyequilter
December 20th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Good morning......

I've been up since 4:30.....did the grocery store thing.

Now I'm doing the quilting thing.....got 2 to finish up.

Everyone have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

shirleyknot
December 20th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Wake me when Sunday gets here, ok?

Monique
December 20th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Sandy, would they melt if you sent me some of those rum balls? IT IS SATURDAY today. I started a zig zag table runner this morning. I so need to hurry up and get some sewing done today and tomorrow. Time is slipping away.

Did clean up yesterday and laundry, so that part is done. I need to wash kitchen floor and do a little vacuuming and then all done.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Ginny B
December 20th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Oh, May, you gave me a panic moment there. Whew! I checked, it's Saturday.

Got a couple of loads of laundry going, worked on separating gifts into piles since they need to go to different houses and after hubby leaves to do his shopping, I will finish some decorating, get the guest bedroom ready and then get to some wrapping.

Have a great day everyone.

Carrie J
December 20th, 2014, 11:45 AM
LOL, just hit the first cup of java here, and don't know what gave me the biggest jolt...............coffee or the title!!!
Quick stop whilst enjoying said coffee, then hitting the road to visit with my big Sister and her daughter this weekend (yeah and delivering early quilt Christmas gifts) Hope everyone has a great weekend, all the shopping gets done, all the qults as well! Grey and foggy here, hopefully it'll clear a little once on the road. Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them! :D

JCY
December 20th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Whew! I thought I lost a day! I was sure it is Saturday. Tomorrow is church; I have to play the organ for 1st service.

Cloudy this a.m. & 28 deg. I'm not really started on my day's activities yet, but I've been up since 5:00, which is my usual rising time. One of the first orders of the day it to check the DD & the Forum. My LQS is having an open house today with goodies & sales, so I plan to drop in there. The news said today is the busiest shopping day of the Christmas season. I plan to avoid all the other stores & hassle of crowds. Nothing I need to shop for. I hope everyone finishes their quilting projects on time & you don't get too stressed out over the last min. stuff. Take time to relax & enjoy the season.

Amy R
December 20th, 2014, 11:50 AM
I was up early this morning waiting for the plumber to get here.... WATER HEATER BEING INSTALLED!!!! Yayyyyy!!!
*happy dance*
After hubby gets off work we are going to run down to toys r us and hopefully pick up a play kitchen for soph from Santa. I think this would be the perfect gift this year, she helped me bake banana bread and had a great time. She already makes a great "tea" and puts her toy lemon in the little cup. Where she learned that, no idea. I truly hope someone has a nice set left, the two we found in stores last night that didn't look like crap had boxes that were battered beyond belief. No discount no buy. The bigger girls are easier, twister, soccer ball, slippers and a few goodies.
Most sewn gifts are done, or will be before the day. Eek!!!

Hang in there ladies, it's almost here :D

ilive2craft2
December 20th, 2014, 11:55 AM
After reading the title, I feel like we have an extra day! Thank goodness as i need to get the packages in the mail today - thankfully, the if it fits it ships boxes should make it there by Wednesday. Gotta finish this 2nd cuppa and get a move on. The gifts still need wrapping before they can be dropped of at the post office! Why do I do this to myself every year? Having people over tonight, so after packages are mailed, need to get some cleaning and cooking done. Tomorrow I will be hitting the sewing room hard again to finish up the kiddos projects. We will see how far I get on the adults....

Jean Sewing Machine
December 20th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Yes, I too was waiting to see who was up, and lo and behold, Saturday just flew past! Nooooooo! We all need another day, not lose one!

I was up early this morning binding a quilt for my sister's giftee, got it in the wash and it is drying on my half wall now. I'm going to pick up my friend and grand kids for a trip to Jefferson Barracks cemetery. It's my friend's first holiday without her spouse. We're going to put wreaths on both of our late DHs graves. Mine is just 2 blocks from my house, but hers is a good way south of here. Taking my grand kids with us, mom will sneak out for some shopping while we're gone.

Yesterday we went to Belleville IL to experience their Christmas Market, which they hope to make a yearly event. The town was settled by German immigrants 200 years ago. They want to start the Christkringlmarkt tradition, let me tell you, it was a modest start with about a dozen huts on the town square. Hopefully they will get it going to have more vendors participate. But there were some nice things offered, and we found some unique gifts

My daughter bought a gift and by accident left it at another booth. She didn'tít discover this until we were home (a 45 minute drive!). She had to turn around and drive back to try to find it. Luckily they did find it and she got it back! Long day for her!

Hope you all have a good day!

Granny Fran
December 20th, 2014, 12:23 PM
With DH work schedule I really thought it was sunday. Now I get another day to finish the computer tote DD requested at the last minute.

Hope you all have a great day doing what needs to be done. :o

quiltsRfun
December 20th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Oh, May - I'm sending in the calendar doctor for you. Seriously, you've lost a day haven't you? Or, is it me? I thought it was Saturday.
That's a relief! I thought i had really slept in.

BobW
December 20th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Yes, I too was waiting to see who was up, and lo and behold, Saturday just flew past! Nooooooo! We all need another day, not lose one!

I was up early this morning binding a quilt for my sister's giftee, got it in the wash and it is drying on my half wall now. I'm going to pick up my friend and grand kids for a trip to Jefferson Barracks cemetery. It's my friend's first holiday without her spouse. We're going to put wreaths on both of our late DHs graves. Mine is just 2 blocks from my house, but hers is a good way south of here. Taking my grand kids with us, mom will sneak out for some shopping while we're gone.

Yesterday we went to Belleville IL to experience their Christmas Market, which they hope to make a yearly event. The town was settled by German immigrants 200 years ago. They want to start the Christkringlmarkt tradition, let me tell you, it was a modest start with about a dozen huts on the town square. Hopefully they will get it going to have more vendors participate. But there were some nice things offered, and we found some unique gifts

My daughter bought a gift and by accident left it at another booth. She didn't’t discover this until we were home (a 45 minute drive!). She had to turn around and drive back to try to find it. Luckily they did find it and she got it back! Long day for her!

Hope you all have a good day!

Jean,

Have you ever been to St. Charles Christmas doings? I have seen it advertised, but this year was not up to the trip. It sounds pretty neat.

I have been saving this cartoon for a day when everyone was needing their coffee and today has been the best so far:

Sometimes I just can't help myself, I know I should but I just can't.

RockinLou
December 20th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Well, over here in Kazakhstan it's almost Sunday!!

I woke up earlier this week in a lot of pain, and it's my rotator cuff in the shoulder of my dominant arm. So, my mobility and activity are limited. I painstakingly prepped fabric today for a dress I am making my daughter. LOTS of breaks, no pushing it... And the DH had to "run out for a quick meeting" that with traffic in this city took him 6 hours.

Now it's late, I haven't managed to sew a stitch, I'm starving from skipping dinner... SO, I guess it's okay that I haven't sewn a thing. It's 10 pm here, I'm about to eat dinner, then I'll stay up for a few hours and work in PEACE because the kids were at my heels today!!

**Yes, I fed the kids dinner, but before I could get something together for myself my parents called on Skype, then it was a rapid downward behavior spiral until bedtime for the munchkins!!

Will there come a time in my life were calm and peace happens before 10pm??
.... We did have a fantastic scooter race around the playground today though!!

BellasQuilts
December 20th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Good morning all! Today is stocking stuffer day. Got to go to the neighboring town to pick up a present and find some stocking goodies, then I am done. Yay! Two weeks off now and going to get my list of stuff done that has been waiting for awhile. Love ticking things off a list - maybe I could work for Santa? Best to all and hugs and prayers going out for those in need here.

RockinLou
December 20th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Bob! Fabulous one!!

Why did my dad have to torture me telling me he was going to Starbucks today?? They haven't come to Kazakhstan yet... :(

MayinJerset
December 20th, 2014, 01:08 PM
That's a relief! I thought i had really slept in.

SORRY EVERYONE LET THIS SERVE AS A REMINDER TO ME THAT I SHOULDN'T BEGIN A NEW THEME OR POST BEFORE I HAVE A CUP OF COFFEE. ANYWAY I DID GET EVERYONE'S ATTENTION ALTHOUGH THAT WASN'T MY INTENTION. ENJOY YOUR EXTRA DAY TO GET READY FOR THE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS RUSH.

Angelia
December 20th, 2014, 01:28 PM

Just checked on my rum balls - had to try two to see if they are seasoned well enough to eat. There may not be any left by next week. I keep telling Al that I know exactly how many there are . . .

Today is lunch with my Li'l Sis and Big Bro (sorry, boB, but I don't think they sent your invitation in time). These are always the very best times of all. As my Bro says, since Li'l Sis's and my mates didn't attend school with us, we can fabricate all kinds of stories to keep them entertained and to insure their continued admiration. Life isn't much better than that.

And so, no quilting today, but I'll be back to stitching tomorrow.

If you are part of the Circle of Comfort group, you need to know that our GinnyKNC got her quilt - check the pictures to see how she's doing.

Where can I find the pictures?

bscuzz
December 20th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Well, over here in Kazakhstan it's almost Sunday!!

I woke up earlier this week in a lot of pain, and it's my rotator cuff in the shoulder of my dominant arm. So, my mobility and activity are limited. I painstakingly prepped fabric today for a dress I am making my daughter. LOTS of breaks, no pushing it... And the DH had to "run out for a quick meeting" that with traffic in this city took him 6 hours.

Now it's late, I haven't managed to sew a stitch, I'm starving from skipping dinner... SO, I guess it's okay that I haven't sewn a thing. It's 10 pm here, I'm about to eat dinner, then I'll stay up for a few hours and work in PEACE because the kids were at my heels today!!

**Yes, I fed the kids dinner, but before I could get something together for myself my parents called on Skype, then it was a rapid downward behavior spiral until bedtime for the munchkins!!

Will there come a time in my life were calm and peace happens before 10pm??
.... We did have a fantastic scooter race around the playground today though!!

Sunday, it can't be Sunday, can it??? No, I checked, it's Saturday - Whew!! RockinLou, sorry about the pain, stress definitely aggravates such a problem. Hopefully relaxing after Christmas will help. But one word of warning, savor the chaos and hectic activity of your rug rats because the time will come that you'd give that painful arm to have them home doing the same hijinks in years to come. JMO! :icon_calm:

toggpine
December 20th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I woke up earlier this week in a lot of pain, and it's my rotator cuff in the shoulder of my dominant arm. So, my mobility and activity are limited.

What in the heck did we do? I woke up with a bum arm this morning too! I would swear I was used as a tackling dummy, or ran full speed into a door jamb with my shoulder. NOT what I need this close to Christmas! Oh well, I guess we'll just keep on going.

Refilling the coffee cup and checking in. Thanks for the mild panic attack May, but at least you got us all thinking this morning!

I had better get back in there and get some more sewing done as we have another Christmas party tonight.

ceiliam
December 20th, 2014, 05:19 PM
love it to funny thanks for the laugh. had massage back is killing me took some fabric will never use to the college teacher who teaches sewing. Some of the kids who are working and going to school need a little help and gets it out of my hair. I also picked up long arm needle to work on quilt with metallic thread. I have only had this quilt done for 7 years just needs quilting .Made it to go in bedroom when bought condo.... I sold the condo 3 years ago lol. guess should really get it off the list. Hope all you have a great day and prayers and hugs to all that need them

bubba
December 20th, 2014, 05:31 PM
It's Sunday already?????

Hulamoon
December 20th, 2014, 05:45 PM
This reminded me of a morning when my mom put all her makeup on and got ready for work and said hurry up Lorie. Mom it's Saturday. lol

I just need to go down for some wrapping paper and batteries. I'm going to cruise the drug store for little things to add to the bags. I'm not into buying for every person i know. Christmas is for kids so that's who i buy for.

irishrn
December 20th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I was up at 5 am but apparently fell back to sleep with my iPad in my lap. Woke up after 6 and realized I had been sleeping sitting up!! My neck is still stiff!!!
Had to get the car to the shop so got DH up at 7. Made him coffee, had my 2nd cup of tea then out the door!
When I got back made breakfast then Headed for the sewing room and completed the last 6 candle mats with wacky web template.
I made 6 loaves of zucchini bread last night so I am officially done!
EXCEPT for cleaning the house, top to bottom. I dread waking up in the morning but it has to be done!! Plus deliver the neighbor gifts!
So I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm sure I will pop in tomorrow as I take breaks while cleaning!! ( perhaps many breaks!!)
But till then, hope all are well!!

share60
December 20th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Its definately Sunday in perth Western Australia and a beautiful sunny day and I am happy and hope you are too(sorry I am on a happy road at the moment)
xxxxx
Shareen

share60
December 20th, 2014, 10:57 PM
@amy for minor chef
Found a pattern for and apron and mitt for littlies blog.peekaboopatternshop.com/2014/12/toddler-apron.html
love
Shareen