PDA

View Full Version : last BOM this year....

bubba
December 19th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Had our last class of the year and got block #12. Guess this means I should sew the sashing together!!

It was also our Christmas party. We each draw a # and pick a gift in order. Yours truly picked #1, so not only did I get to pick first, I also got another turn after everyone had selected!! I started with a cute box, five fat quarters and two patterns and ended up with two patterns and an adorable pin cushion! When I take it upstairs, I'll take a picture of it and post it. The gal who got my waterboy and bowl cozy seemed happy with what she got. We were supposed to make our gifts, at least that is what I thought we decided, and I and one other gal were the only ones who did! She made a Seahawks table runner that was very cute.

The gal who made the table runner also made owls for all of us that are actually big pin cushions. They are very cute. Another gal has a husband who does lathe work and he made beautiful sewing tools for everyone!! I am going to have to step things up and do that next year I think.

Oh well, off to bed!! Pat is pooped!

icul8rg8r
December 19th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I'm so sorry I missed our last class! Take lots of pics! My kids surprised us with dinner and movie tickets (with the help of their aunt, my sister-in-law). I don't get many date nights with my hubby, and this coming from our kids, well, it sure was special. I didn't make the gift box I was planning on bringing - but it was sewing related. It included one of those pink Creative Grids "I love my quilting friends" rulers!