PDA

View Full Version : Yeahhhhhh I have news to share!!

Klasien
December 18th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Dear friends,

I have great news!!!
Jan got a job this morning :)
We are still in some kind of shock....it came out of no where, he did not apply for this job, they asked him for it.
Last week we had no idea what was ahead of us, and when we were walking in Ikea last tuesday he got a phonecall, a company asked him if he could come by wednesday.....this was yesterday......he called last night again and this morning we got the green light, it is a fact, He has a job!!!
It is a 6 months contract at first, and it does not pay as much as we are used to, but it is a job and we are so happy with it. We hope all works out and the company will keep him after the six months and offers him a new contract.
He will be area manager for a optical company, selling frames, and the funny thing is that is what he has done for the last 27 years........it is so great to get this news right before Christmas!!!

The week started out so sad, my dear aunt that I have visited very often and I cut her hair for years and years and love very much, she passed away last monday evening, so when we got that phonecall with the job offer we had tears of joy and tears of sorrow.....
It has been a rollercoaster of emotions this past week.......the funeral will be next saterday.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts, we are blessed to have a great group of friends like you all :)

buckeyequilter
December 18th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I am sorry to hear of your aunt's passing, my condolences.

Congratulations to Jan!

MRoy
December 18th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Congratulations and best wishes on Jan's new job. My sympathies on the passing of your dear aunt.

Carrie J
December 18th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Sad and wonderful news all at once! So very sorry to hear of your loved ones passing, but thrilled for you and Jan regarding the job!

asta
December 18th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Glad to hear about the new job, what a Christmas gift that is!
Prayers for the family as you deal with the loss of your dear Aunt.

Grandma Nan
December 18th, 2014, 02:00 PM
My congratulations and condolences all in the same message. We just have to believe everything will work out the way it should.

Over40momma
December 18th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Laughter through tears is the best emotion ever Klasien!!! Congrats to Jan and how relieved from the worries you both have had. I am sorry about the passing of your dear Aunt. You are going to miss your times together but she is still in your heart. :icon_hug:

Jean Sewing Machine
December 18th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Klasien, so glad for your good news! They knew Jan by his reputation in the business that he would be the best for the job! I am so happy for you all! Have a wonderful and blessed holiday now that this burden has been lifted from your shoulders
, and get that Pfaff going again!

Cathy F
December 18th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Dear Klasien, wonderful news about Jan! I know how worried you have been. Sincere condolences on the passing of your aunt.

Amy R
December 18th, 2014, 02:35 PM
yayyy for good news!!! Bittersweet with your loss, I'm so sorry.

Learner quilter
December 18th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Condolences and Congratulations coming to you and your family. :icon_hug:

Grandma G
December 18th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Oh, Klaisen, that is just the best news about Jan!! I'm sure the weight of the world has been lifted off both your shoulders. I also know your heart is very heavy with the loss of your beloved aunt. I am sorry to hear of her passing. Precious memories of her will help you get through this time.

Merry Christmas, sweet lady, and let Jan know how happy we all are for both of you!!!

Bubby
December 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt...I know how much you cared for her. Congratulations for Jan getting a job. This has been a very stressful time for you and now things are really looking up for you. Merry Christmas Klasien and family.

Sandy Navas
December 18th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Sending hugs, prayers, tears, laughter, and best wishes for Jan in his new job.

Understand exactly what you are going through with the loss of your aunt - I've lost two cousins in the past four days and both much younger than I am. I am certain your Aunt had a wonderful life.

And now hug that man of yours, dance on the ceiling, laugh and cry!! We've all been praying for him and you.

Like Jean said, get that sewing machine humming . . .

Kgrammiecaz
December 18th, 2014, 05:08 PM
What a mix of emotions, loss, new job, holidays to celebrate. Bless you both in holding strong throughout this down time. Very sorry to hear of your aunts passing. But what wonderful news for you and Jan. The new year will certainly be a good one.

Iris Girl
December 18th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Congratulations on your hubbys job. I know only too well how things go when hubby is jobless. What wonderful news just before Christmas. So sorry to hear of your Aunts passing.

cyndiofthevortex
December 18th, 2014, 05:13 PM
So sorry for your loss. Congratulations on your good news! We all mourn and rejoice together as true friends do.

stitching woman
December 18th, 2014, 05:14 PM
What wonderful news and right here at Christmas.

Sorry for your loss and sending you hugs and prayers.

May the blessing of the season be with you and your family.

K. McEuen
December 18th, 2014, 06:06 PM
So sorry for the loss of your aunt, but WooHoo!!! on Jan getting a job. For them to come looking for him is pretty special.

easyquilts
December 18th, 2014, 06:38 PM
I ' so sorty about your aunt. I know you will miss her..

Congratulations on the new job.... That's really good news!

songbird857
December 18th, 2014, 07:44 PM
When I saw the title of your thread I was thinking "please Lord, let Jan have found a job.".... so happy for you both. Also my condolences on the passing of your aunt.

alliek
December 18th, 2014, 10:20 PM
So sorry about your loss, but elated about the job! Many blessings in the New Year and a Joyful Christmas :icon_wave:

kensington
December 18th, 2014, 10:28 PM
That is wonderful about the job. The stress of not knowing the security of the future is something I understand. He will do good!

I'm sorry for the loss of your aunt. Letting go is so hard. God bless you and keep you in this difficult time.

Miss Sheri
December 18th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Oh, what a relief, this job has been a long time in coming, what a wonderful, wonderful blessing for you all.

Please accept my kindest regards concerning the passing of your beloved Aunt, (((((Klasien)))))

BellasQuilts
December 18th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Congratulations,Jan! Sounds like your reputation proceeds you. So sorry to hear of the loss of your auntie. Sounds like she was loved right up to the end. Blessings for the holidays!

Monique
December 19th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Klasien, what wonderful news about Jan. What a relief it must be.

So sorry about the passing of your Aunt. May your memories help you through this most difficult time.

God bless you and have a Merry Christmas.

snippet
December 19th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Oh wow! I am so happy to hear about Jan's new job! May it last longer than the 6mo contract.

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt passing away. It is a sad occasion when you lose someone you love.

HandsOffItsMine
December 19th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Such wonderful news for both of you, we know what stress you have been under. Looking for jobs in this economy and with a few gray hairs is not easy. ;)

Our condolences for your Tante, think of her as a special Guardian Angel of Jobs, she'll watch over this contract for Jan.

Now to sit by Kerst boom with a kop koffie en een gebakje, count one's blessing and relax a bit. :D

Huggers, The Schmers and Stegers

Wwena
December 19th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I'm so sorry about your aunt, but so happy for the job! See, good things do happen! YAY!