PDA

View Full Version : Sick with worry

cyndiofthevortex
December 18th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Hi friends. Please pray for me, that I can live up to the signature line at the bottom of my posts. I'm having trouble trusting God lately. My little brother Andrew is very, very sick from his colon cancer. He cannot beat it and we do not know how much longer he has to live. He is only 52 years old. This is my big sorrow. There are little ones as well, all keeping me from peace, and tonight from sleep. Thank you for praying for me or sending me your good thoughts. I appreciate all the care you all always give to me. Thanks for being my friends in good times and hard times. Right now it is a hard time. That's all. Just thanks.

pcbatiks
December 18th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Cyndi........you know I'll be praying for all the things you mentioned. Big hug to you. Love ya.

Simply Quilting
December 18th, 2014, 03:18 AM
{{{HUGS}}} Cyndi, I will be praying for you.

Mpyles
December 18th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Aww Cindy, I am so terribly sorry your brother, you and all of your family are having to go through this. It's not easy I know, it's scary. I will pray for peace for all of you and that you can spend some time together loving and caring for each other. Peace my friend.

kimsophia
December 18th, 2014, 03:21 AM
May God give you strength and peace and may Jesus enfold you in his healing embrace.

mommamarsh
December 18th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Cyndi , heartfelt prayer for all of you . With tears. I understand , have lost several dear ones too soon . Sometimes we just don't know why ! Peace and a big hug .

MBCA
December 18th, 2014, 03:22 AM
Prayers and hope for peace and rest for you and your family in these hard times.

brook
December 18th, 2014, 03:24 AM
Praying that God will comfort you during this time. He knows about all your hurts and cares about you and them. His peace passes all understanding. : )

bkthomas
December 18th, 2014, 03:47 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR="#009900"]Do you think that worry will stop the inevitable?
When it is our time......it is our time......I'm sorry Cyndi, you know I care for you......

My husband died suddenly over 17 years ago.....I'm still here......and I am happy
I cannot get a gift for my DD for Christmas....I only got PJ's for each of my grand-kids for Christmas...I started shopping for them 3-4 months ago.....that is all they are getting

But I don't care.....the rent is paid, the bills are paid.....the tree is up and shining brightly....we have a beautiful warm house and are secure in the fact that no utilities will be shut off!

I have much to worry about but I know that I don't need to.......as long as I am doing the best I can I know that God will take care of the rest......

You're right, worry is the opposite of trusting The Lord (yeah, I Googled it) you should too!
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrTcc4eeJJUQ6gAwhwPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByc25qcnV yBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkAw--/RV=2/RE=1418913950/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fchristianity.about.com%2fod%2fwhat doesthebiblesay%2fqt%2freasonnot2worry.htm/RK=0/RS=JKoTvC0ZqF3icYXcvEiCdcrrBVM-

click on this link and consider it.....scroll down.....read it.....it's good
All my Love, Kathy

Kgrammiecaz
December 18th, 2014, 04:38 AM
It is hard not to worry. We ned to take the energy we waste on worry and use it for hugs and prayers to keep us strong. I am sorry to,hear of your brothers illness. So young he is. While my dad is not young, he too is fighting a cancer that wants to win.

All we can do is love and be there for those who need us.

lapeoples
December 18th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Sending good wishes and hope.

Swedish leo
December 18th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Sending you lots of love and hugs!

MayinJerset
December 18th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Holding your hands in prayer, Hugs, May

carolynrae
December 18th, 2014, 06:15 AM
Sending love and prayers.

easyquilts
December 18th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Cyndi.... Sending you lots of hugs, and prayers, too. I am so sorry you are going through this terrible time.

This time last year, I was where you are now, only it was my husband who was so sick.... I knew he wouldn't...couldn't 'tlive much longer. Like you, I turned to the wonderful people on this forum, and believe , me, their love and support was invaluable... When my husband died, on January 8th., they stood right by me...their love holding me up, their prayers keeping me safe...

So... This is a good place for you to be...

Grief and sorrow are so personal... Each one of us deals with these things in his/her own way.... There are no right or wrong ways too cope with the feelings you are experiencing now.... Grief is like a quilt.....you can make it your own, no matter what the pattern might say....

I found that I couod only put one got in front of the other....it's still that way..... "Grief bursts".., those sudden, overwhelming emotional meltdowns became both alarming and comforting... They last only a few minutes,but are very intense. And very normal.

Don't worry about not trusting God right now. He will carry you through this anyway.... So will we. Come here whenever you need to talk about what is happening to you, your brother and your family... We'll listen...holding your hand, and giving you warm hugs.

God bless you and your family....

Blondie
December 18th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Cyndi, I am praying for the strength that comes from grace. Arms around you and yours.

Hi friends. Please pray for me, that I can live up to the signature line at the bottom of my posts. I'm having trouble trusting God lately. My little brother Andrew is very, very sick from his colon cancer. He cannot beat it and we do not know how much longer he has to live. He is only 52 years old. This is my big sorrow. There are little ones as well, all keeping me from peace, and tonight from sleep. Thank you for praying for me or sending me your good thoughts. I appreciate all the care you all always give to me. Thanks for being my friends in good times and hard times. Right now it is a hard time. That's all. Just thanks.

Loonwatcher
December 18th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Cyndi, sending you all good energy to fight your woes. May the light shine on you.

oldsewer
December 18th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Peace be with you. Sharon

Bubby
December 18th, 2014, 08:16 AM
My prayers are with you, your brother and the family. ((HUGS))

Monique
December 18th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Cyndi, sorry to hear the news about your brother. Spend as much time as you can with him, you won't regret that. I will say prayers for you and your family.

Suzette
December 18th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I will keep you lifted in prayer for all that you need right now. Hugs!

irishrn
December 18th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Cindi
So sorry to hear that your brother is struggling with this cancer. It is so hard to see them go thru this.
Hugs to you and your family. I will be thinking about you and hoping you all find the strength to cope at this time.
Eileen

share60
December 18th, 2014, 08:34 AM
prayers being said sending you hugsxxxx

Claire OneStitchAtATime
December 18th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Cyndi, my heart is with you. I'm wishing all of you every grace and strength.

songbird857
December 18th, 2014, 09:43 AM
{{{{{{Cyndi}}}}}} Hugs and prayers for you...

Sandy Navas
December 18th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Sending special thoughts and prayers.

MRoy
December 18th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Cyndi, I'm so sorry! Your brother, you, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

cyndiofthevortex
December 18th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Thank you all SO MUCH. After writing here I went back to bed and slept peacefully. I appreciate you keeping Andrew, our whole family and me in your prayers as we walk down this road. Every day with Andrew is precious to me. I really don't want to waste my time in worry but in trusting God and enjoying the time I do have with my brother. Thanks again for your care towards me.

Amarillo19
December 18th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Everything will be ok. God is always with you and will never leave you. I'm praying for you and your family.

Ahamblin
December 18th, 2014, 12:53 PM
So sorry that you are having to go through this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Cyber hugs.

Dollyquilts
December 18th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Cyndi, prayers for peace for you and your family. I'm so sorry you're facing this sadness, especially at Christmastime.

Hugs, Dolly

auntiemern
December 18th, 2014, 01:08 PM
So sorry for what your family is going through. Prayers being said.

Over40momma
December 18th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Cyndi, it is okay to have these moments. No, they are not comfortable and they can drain alot of strength from us; but they do happen for a reason too. Some say it is to test one's faith, some say it's to help us let go and other say it is just the way life is.
But I see it as a reminder, a reminder of that poem "Footsteps in the Sand." When my Dad was dying, I worried endlessly. As that poem flashed in my mind, I got a mental picture of a huge hand holding me. Carrying me, in fact. And I saw the other hand holding my Dad within the security of His palm. It gave me a sense of peace even through the worry.
I hope you can gain some comfort from these mental images and I will keep you all most close in my prayers. :icon_hug:

Navy Wife
December 18th, 2014, 01:57 PM
I'm so sorry this is happening at this time of year. Everything should be happy for the Gift that was given to us all those many years ago. I'll be praying for God to hold all of your family close and give you lots of good memories for the future.

Gina
December 18th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Sending prayers and hugs to you and your family!

Miss Sheri
December 18th, 2014, 11:10 PM
May the Lord Bless and keep you and yours Cyndi. Sending you love and keeping you all in my prayers.

laura44
December 18th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Saying prayers for you and your family.

bscuzz
December 19th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Prayers to give you strength and faith so you can share with your brother, God Bless!

grannyann
December 19th, 2014, 12:33 AM
Wishing inner peace and comfort and freedom from any kind of pain you are in. Prayer said for you.

stationarymom
December 19th, 2014, 02:17 AM
Cyndi I will be praying for your family and your brother,make sure to make as many new memories with him now as you can.

mommadeb
December 19th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I will. Hugs and prayers to you.

asta
December 19th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Prayers for your family, may you find some peace during the holiday season, making precious memories to enjoy.

Learner quilter
December 19th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Oh Cindy.. You have had such a lot to deal with this year. Sending you ((((hugs)))) , hoping you find some peace in the near future.

Wwena
December 19th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Cyndi, I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. How sad. Big hugs!!!

CARRIE M
December 20th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Cyndi, others have said it better than I, but I too will be praying for you and your family.

MartinaG
December 20th, 2014, 12:38 AM
I am sorry your brother has to go through this terrible disease and that his family has to stand by helpless and watch the process. I wish that you have lots of quality time left with Andrew. Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way.

sewbizzy
December 20th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Prayers being sent, too...

Genny
December 20th, 2014, 02:39 AM
Hugs and prayers coming your way...I am so sad for you...Genny