PDA

View Full Version : Somebody stop me......

bubba
December 18th, 2014, 12:43 AM
before I jump!!!!! I am sitting here making 20, yes 20, bowl cozies. All of a sudden text messages start coming in. Do you have this bag? Oh, I need three of that other one. Oh, and a large bag, oh and another one of those!!!! My head is hurting, my foot is hurting, my back is hurting........

I finally told her I doubt they'd be done by Christmas. All I had were two already done up. Will I break anything jumping out a second story window that has lots of shrubbery underneath it? Oh! Maybe I can plan it for when you know who walks by, except it's so dark I can't even see outside!!!!!!!

Where's my rotary cutter?

Hulamoon
December 18th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Next year you need to put some cut off dates on your account. Get rid of those slackers. lol

ilive2craft2
December 18th, 2014, 12:53 AM
No jumping allowed! You are not a machine or a store and can't be expected to do that many bags a week before Christmas! Sorry, but unless they are paying a premium for rush orders, they should have to wait until after the holiday. I have a hard time telling people no and that is one reason that I have not sold any quilted items.

I always have too many projects that I try to get done last minute and am even telling myself no!

bubba
December 18th, 2014, 12:56 AM
I did put a date on it!!!!! The woman who is asking about all these new bags has probably bought close to 20 and i have known her for years......i hate telling her no. Now the bowl cozies, that is my fault. I should have done them two weeks ago :(

ilive2craft2
December 18th, 2014, 01:00 AM
If she has already bought 20 bags from you, she should realize how long they take. Please hold firm on your date or charge her a hefty premium - not sure if the money is worth the added stress at this time of year?

whippetmom
December 18th, 2014, 01:20 AM
I do not know how you do it Pat, tell the person NO NO NO NO NO. She has bought 20 bags before and believe me she will be there after the holidays also. Do not jump, it is too cold outside and rainy to boot. You and MM are supposed to enjoy the holidays not be stressed out by them. Good luck. Go hit the Sugar Babies while you can.

bubba
December 18th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Yeehaw!!! Got seven bowl cozies done since dinner. Jack and his 1500 spm is amazing. Better yet, I put on his knee lifter for the presser foot and it's even quicker!!

Oh, and she needs another bag :(

stationarymom
December 18th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Jumping is not allowed!! Just learn to say no and let her know if she might want them tell her how long it takes to make them so she can plan better in the future.You could always suggest she print a pic from your site and give a I.O.U.as her gift this year.

Hulamoon
December 18th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Jumping is not allowed!! Just learn to say no and let her know if she might want them tell her how long it takes to make them so she can plan better in the future.You could always suggest she print a pic from your site and give a I.O.U.as her gift this year.

I did that one year when I couldn't get something in time. I put a picture on a spring and wrapped it in a huge box. it was fun.

You have to say no! You put the date for gosh sakes.

mommamarsh
December 18th, 2014, 03:30 AM
When in danger , when in doubt , run in circles , scream and shout . (by somebody ,a long time ago). No jumping allowed !

Vonnie
December 18th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Gift Card! This way they can select the style and fabric and you can give an estimated completion date.

Didn't you say you were retired? :icon_beuj:

Doloris
December 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM
all I got is GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Claire Hallman
December 18th, 2014, 11:31 AM
There is always the two out of three things rule: You can get it cheap, you can get if fast, you can get it beautifully done. You can pick only two out of the three. You can't have it all.

MRoy
December 18th, 2014, 11:46 AM
This is why I got out of the bag making business a few years ago...this and tendonitis in both arms! Stand firm!!