PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, 8 sleeps away from Christmas

Monique
December 17th, 2014, 09:02 AM

8 sleeps to go, hard to believe. But it is fast approaching indeed. Ready? Not me, not yet.

It is going to be a nasty day here. Freezing rain warnings and snow this morning. I am glad I do not have to go anywhere today, not even work. YEAH!!

I finished the main part of the quilting on my quilt last night. So today I will get if off the frame and start with the binding. YEAH!!

And sewing room needs a little TLC as well.

So that is my day today.

You all have a wonderful day.

CarolynK
December 17th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Good Morning all!

Monique, that picture made me smile, thank you!

We're supposed to get that freezing rain, drizzle tonight too. Hubby drives 50 miles into work so I worry about him but I only have a couple miles to work and thankful for that.

No sewing for a while as I have to get packages out and stuff done for Christmas.

Hugs and prayers and have a great day!

Carolyn

irishrn
December 17th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Morning all. We had our rain and dreary day yesterday so today may be better but cooler.
I do need to get out for a few items, otherwise it is back to finishing up some gifts. Getting down to the last few now.
DH is having chest pain almost daily now and it is beginning to bother him. He knows he is experiencing coronary spasms and they do respond to nitro but they come on without any exertion so I never know when he is going to need a nitro dose!
So I don't stray too far from home without him!
I hope all have a great day! Stay healthy!! The year is almost over!!!
And yesterday I got my "welcome to Medicare envelop" for April 1st. So a few more outrageous insurance premiums and I'm done!!!
Can't wait!!!

HandsomeRyan
December 17th, 2014, 09:34 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0950_zpslgubvupg.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0950_zpslgubvupg.jpg.html)

Morning all. Hope everyone has a great day!

buckeyequilter
December 17th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Good morning....

It was snowing here this morning....well it was that wet, hit you in the face and sting kind of stuff. I went out at 6:30 a.m. and nothing and then I went to my car at 7 a.m. and it was snowing and blowing. About 3/4 of the way to work I drove out of it. Well I've seen enough snow for the season LOL

I had 5 turtles to do last night....pinned all of them and got 3 done. I have 2 to do tonight...they're pinned so all I have to do is sew. Then square up 10 blocks and I'm ready to put the top together. I could have made all 5 of them last night but I was tired and knew if I didn't stop I would start screwing them up.

So the quilting marathon will begin on Friday evening. I have a couple of stockings to make....have the fabric quilted and ready to cut...so it shouldn't take too long to finish up. After I get the stockings done, I'm going to try to get a couple of tops, that are waiting, quilted and finished. The Sunday after Christmas....my quilting room closes and the cleaning and organizing begins.

Well need to get busy...have a great day! Prayers and hugs

Cathy F
December 17th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Morning all,
Well, I'm still chipping away at the "to do" list that needs to be finished before Santa arrives. I've decided I can let my sister's gift wait till after Christmas as I won't see her till then.

Going to start the cookie baking this weekend, and maybe just make 2-3 of our favorites instead of the usual 6-7 types. Everyone's loves the rainbow cookies the best so I'll make them for sure and that will keep them all happy.

Went to a quilt group meeting last night and I really enjoyed it, the gals were very friendly and welcoming. Most brought hand work to do but a few had there machines with them. I didn't know what to expect so I traveled very light and brought a table topper and hand sewed the binding down. I'm looking forward to the next get together.

Tomorrow will be the grocery store run. I think I'm going to make a pork roast with sauerkraut ( with some caraway seed and apple),garlic mashed potatoes, and some veggies for Christmas. What is everyone planning for their menu?
Well it's time for me to get caffeinated, Sending healing thoughts and prayers for all our forum members who are struggling with health issues.
Ryan, you get the cutest pictures of Mr. Wiggles, to put smiles on our faces in the morning!

LRM
December 17th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Good morning, all. I'm all but ready for Christmas -- I needed to get done much earlier this year as one daughter/SIL live far away, but I could send gifts as luggage and took advantage the first weekend of December. The other SIL is leaving this week to go home to see his aging grandfather so we did Christmas for him last weekend.

I wanted to post a picture of something cute, but Handsome Ryan beats all! That sweet boy is what makes Christmas so fun. What a cutie pie.

Have a safe and warm day. Utah is yet to get a big snow storm. Really bad news for our number one industry (tourism and skiing), not to mention our lack of water for next summer. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!

Bubby
December 17th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Morning Everyone,

I had a rough day yesterday but I made it back home without any bodily harm, and that's a very good thing. Today I'm taking it easy. I have a load of wash going and one more to do after that. Jeff's department is having their holiday meal so I had to do some baking for them last night. I made miniature cheesecakes and toped them with a little homemade lemon curd and fresh blueberries. I made the mistake of making these one year and now every year the guys pout if I don't send them a batch or two.

I'm heading back to bed for a nap. Have a good day everyone...like Monique said, only 8 more sleeps!

Amy R
December 17th, 2014, 10:34 AM
morning!!
Bubby, glad to hear I was worried about ya!

I've been thinking about what to cook for Christmas dinner, and I'm still not sure. Depends on what the masses are thinking lol. I would like to make homemade pierogi at some point and some potato pancakes. I usually like to do a theme dinner, so I'll have to look up some recipes.
I found an easy sugar cookie recipe that I'd like to make cut out cookies with, and then there's oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip, and hubbys fav, snicker doodles. There are four bananas now ready for banana bread and muffins. Mom and dad get here tomorrow evening (hopefully no snow) and I'll be able to start cranking out the goodies.
Today I need to trim up and bind mama's quilt.

Today is the day Peg + Cat on pbs runs their christmas/hanukkah special. I'm trying to find out what time the station here is running it. We were able to get sneak peeks from the episode clips.

not sure if it's going to snow today I haven't looked at the forecast yet. I do know the temps went really cold since yesterday.

Have a great day ladies and gents. Hugs and prayers daily for everyone!

Mpyles
December 17th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Good morning! Sounds like everyone is busy busy busy! Me too! Barb...glad to hear you are back home safely! Everyone enjoy your day and the season!

ravelim
December 17th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Morning, everyone. I finished up quilts Saturday but can't seem to get a camera to take a picture.

We're busy trying to paint parts of my sewing room. Then I'll finish it with beautiful table skirts round my desk and part of my bookcases. Only heaven knows if we'll finish before Christmas eve when family is coming.

Prayers for all and hugs, too. Have a fun smiley day.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 17th, 2014, 11:05 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0950_zpslgubvupg.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0950_zpslgubvupg.jpg.html)

Morning all. Hope everyone has a great day!
What a little heart throb this cutie is! Screen name HandsomeSawyer!

Sandy Navas
December 17th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Heart Throb!

Brief run to grocery today.

Sewing Log Cabin blocks.

That's All!!

songbird857
December 17th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Morning all :) Hoping to get some more organizing in today... then maybe wrap some presents to avoid the 'Christmas Eve stay up til midnight wrapping party' ;) We've decided that we probably won't have a party on Christmas day after we found out that there is a fellowship at church on Christmas Eve... and since most of the people we would invite will be there....
This Sunday is the play at church. This is the first year ever that I haven't been involved in some way, so it will be neat to see it without having 'seen' it, if you know what I mean. I'm looking forward to it :)
Hope everyone has a fabulous day - do what you can - don't sweat what you can't.

Over40momma
December 17th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Good morning all! Winds are driving hard here today and hubby has a run to the border. I know he is a good driver but I still worry as there are so many out there that are not!!!! :icon_scared: You'd think after 24 years together I would get used to it, but somehow I still get nervous for him. Sending good thoughts to all of you on the roads in less than great weather. Old Man Winter is going to give us a run for our money this season it seems.
Putting my nervous energy to good use, I made 4 more pillowcases for Ruby which I will send out today. Have a bit more decorating to do and then a BIG tidy up in the basement as stuff got dumped there.....I swear they do that just to give me something to do!!! :lol: Got a few more presents to wrap and then to check to make sure I have enough stocking stuffers, so I think I am ready.
Take care all and have a great day!!
P.S. Sawyer, sending you some Christmas :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug: you darling little man.

Simply Quilting
December 17th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Good Morning! Cold here today. The children had fun last night at the Nativity. They really liked petting the camels. And they got a science lesson in as well. Camels do fine living in northwest Missouri as they are use to hot (120 degrees F) and cold (minus 20 degrees F) in the desert. Their normal body temperature is 101 F but they have the ability to raise or lower it by 10 degrees.

Dh is headed back to the dentist today. We found out yesterday that one tooth will have to be pulled and another needs a root canal. He was put on antibiotics to help get the infection down. But the dentist wanted him to have a regular checkup to see what else needs to be done before we proceed further. I am also going in for a checkup. I already know that I have at least one cavity. It's not that I hate going to the dentist but the last time I went a couple years ago, after the cleaning my teeth hurt so bad that I could hardly eat for four days. I have sensitive teeth.

I cut out the last of the Christmas gifts last night and started to sew them. Hopefully, I can iron and sew some more tonight.

Thanks for the laugh Monique.

Ryan, Cute picture of Handsome Sawyer.

Bubby, glad that you made it back home safely.

For those of you experiencing the nasty winter weather, stay safe.

Have a great day everyone :)

Carrie J
December 17th, 2014, 12:20 PM
A quick Good Morning to all! Hugs and blessings to all, and especially those that need them.

Claire Hallman
December 17th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Good morning all, love that picture of Sawyer. He always brings a big smile to my face.
I will try to add a picture of my grands in honor of Will's 7 months birthday.95125

toggpine
December 17th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I'm still mucking about in the bottomless bowl of cookie dough.

Mom convinced me that it would be fun to bake cookies together, and it was. We made double batches of everything and she was going to take half home. We mixed and chilled the gingerbread and sugar cookie dough and then made spritz and thumbprints.

The spritz gun gave Mom fits, but she eventually got them finished. The classic thumbprints rolled in pecans and filled with homemade raspberry jelly were to die for. The second batch of thumbprints were made by shoving spiced gumdrops in the tops, and those were good too. We managed to get one batch of sugar cookies done, but they turned melty on Mom. She had a very difficult time getting them cut and transferred to the cookie sheets.
That left me with two batches of gingerbread and one of sugar cookies to finish. There is one advantage of having cold hands. The cookie dough held together much better for me! I have the trimmings of the sugar cookies to re-roll and 2/3 of the last batch of gingerbread to finish today. I should have cookies coming out my ears, but Mom took half and hubby keeps culling the herd!
Funny how Mom left the ones that needed the rolling, cutting, and decorating....

Well, they aren't going to get done on their own, and I still have projects that need doing in the sewing room.

Have a good one, and find something to smile about!
Hugs, C

Cathy F
December 17th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Those grand babies are just adorable!

Good morning all, love that picture of Sawyer. He always brings a big smile to my face.
I will try to add a picture of my grands in honor of Will's 7 months birthday.95125