PDA

View Full Version : What a wonderful amazing place this is - my graditutde overflows

GinnyKNC
December 17th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Dear quilting friends, my heart overflows with the prayers, well wishes, cards and gifts. You have no idea what all of that has meant to me and I can't even put it into words. I can barely type as my eyes fill with tears.
As most of you know I was diagnosed with breast cancer on October 3rd. On October 12th a pipe in one of the upstairs bathroom walls broke and flooded our home. We have been living in a residence inn ever since. Hence one reason it's taken so long to send my appreciation to you all.
Well I came to find out I actually have two different types of breast cancer. One invasive and one non invasive. I had surgery on October 18th after many trips to doctors, surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, etc. Chemo was to start on November 12th, but was post-ponedas they said I wasn't healed enough. I came home and a few days later was very ill that I had to go back to the doctors. Here I had an infection raging through my body and one of the incisions actually opened up and yuck just started pouring out. So they opened me back up and drained it all out and then packed it. Of course the daily unpacking and packing is so very painful.
Once this heals we will start chemo and herceptin treatments and of course radiation. My battle will last into 2016, but with all your wonderful prayers and encouragement this too shall pass.
God bless you all for your kindness. I will try to keep everyone posted on days I'm feeling a little better. Thank you
Hugs to those in need, prayers to all and have a very blessed Christmas. I'm blessed for each of you and this forum.

songbird857
December 17th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Ginny - Hugs to you, my friend - and prayers for wisdom for the DR's and your recovery :)

easyquilts
December 17th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Ginny... You have been through an incredible ordeal.... I'm so sorry to hear about the awful infection you've had to deal with...

You have my prayers.... I hope you can start your chemo soon, and that it will go well. It's easy to see that you are a fighter, and that's a big plus for you.

God bless...

Angelia
December 17th, 2014, 12:55 AM
I'm so glad to hear from you--what an ordeal! Thinking of you--take good care of yourself.

meemeecyn
December 17th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Ginny, you are an amazing woman. Taking the time and energy to thank us with all you have been through. Will continue to pray and think of you as you travel this journey. Look in the dictionary under courageous and right next to it will be your name.
Take care, our dear quilting friend.
Cynthia

Genny
December 17th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Ginny, Hope you get to feeling better soon...hugs and prayers...Genny

MartinaG
December 17th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Sending lots of healing thoughts and my wish that you get to go home soon.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
December 17th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Ginny, my heart goes out to you. How I wish you could be at home while you were going through this. Staying in a hotel through this kind of stuff just makes it all harder, in my experience. (No burst pipe, but we traveled for treatment quite a bit, and I am all too familiar with the Residence Inn). I'm hoping for healing, and a return to your own house, soon.

bscuzz
December 17th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Goodness gracious, some ordeal you've had to deal with! As a breast cancer survivor I know the worry and stress of that diagnosis till things start to improve - and on top of that an infection and having to leave the comfort of your home. That's hard to imagine . . . God Bless you! Prayers that everything you're dealing with improves and the treatment for the BC will do it's job and you eventually will be a 'cancer survivor'. Prayers also for your doctors - that they are guided by God's hand to heal you! My heart hurts for you and hopes you'll at least get back home very soon.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 17th, 2014, 01:37 AM
May God be with you on this journey, Ginny! You will be in my prayers for sure!

Quiltfreestyle
December 17th, 2014, 01:43 AM
God bless you & keep you! May He make His face shine on you
Praying for a good recovery for you. Keep fighting :)

Marty
December 17th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Your strength amazes me. Health issues can become incredibly overwhelming. Many prayers for you.

Kgrammiecaz
December 17th, 2014, 01:47 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this ordeal. I will add prayers for you, to keep you strong, for the infection to heal quickly. My prayers are also for you to be back in your home resting comfortably. Hugs.

bubba
December 17th, 2014, 01:52 AM
Hoping things turn around and you start feeling better and get onto your road for a full recovery!!

JCY
December 17th, 2014, 01:58 AM
So sorry to learn of your post-op problems. Healing will take time, but eventually the wound will close. While you work through all these situations, may you sense God's peace & healing touch. Thoughts & prayers for you. God bless.

auntiemern
December 17th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Ginny, I am so happy to hear from you. You continue to be in my prayers as you go through this ordeal. You're a tough cookie for sure, to even think about any of us during this trying time. Take care of you, first and foremost.

Gina
December 17th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Bless your heart! Hope you can get back into your home soon! Continued prayers for you and your recovery!

laura44
December 17th, 2014, 04:31 AM
Saying prayers for a complete and speedy recovery!

Iris Girl
December 17th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Happy to hear from you. Sending many many healing thoughts and wishes to you, for a speedy recovery and that you can get back into the comfort of your home. Take care of yourself.

MomGram
December 17th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Praying for a speedy and full recovery. I also hope you get back home soon.

MayinJerset
December 17th, 2014, 07:20 AM
May God be with you on this journey, Ginny! You will be in my prayers for sure!

My thoughts too, prayers added that you'll be in our own home soon.

Suzette
December 17th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Ginny, you will be in my daily prayers for strength and healing. You definitely sound like you have a warrior spirit - you will win this fight! God bless!

Monique
December 17th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Healing prayers are being sent your way.

CarolynK
December 17th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Ginny, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

amartin24
December 17th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Praying for you Ginny in your recovery and also your home is repaired so you can return asap.

Bubby
December 17th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Ginny, thank you for letting us know how you're doing. It seems like when it rains it pours. I promise to hold you close in my prayers for courage, peace and healing. It may be a long road but it's one step at a time and we are here to hold your hand and support you. Love & Hugs to you.

Sandy Navas
December 17th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I have kept you close in prayer since I first learned of your diagnosis. It is good to have a report on your situation - the prayers will be increased.

MRoy
December 17th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Ginny, you'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

mommadeb
December 17th, 2014, 03:06 PM
So good to hear from you. So sorry you are having to go through all of this. Many many hugs and prayers out to you.

pcbatiks
December 17th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Ginny, thank you for the update. You have been close in my thoughts and prayers too. I pray that God will continue to give you the strength to fight this battle. We will be here supporting you along the way. Hugs and prayers for peace being sent to you.

Cathy F
December 17th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Ginny, thank you for the update, we are very glad to hear from you. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with so much . My wish for you is the continued courage to fight this cancer, comfort for the days you don't feel well, and laughter to lift your spirit whenever you feel down, and of course all of us here to cheer you on in this journey for a complete recovery!

TRLSRL72
December 17th, 2014, 04:07 PM
You and your family are in my prayers. May God be with you in all that your going through.

BellasQuilts
December 17th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Praying for you now and until you are done and 100% healthy!

Miss Sheri
December 17th, 2014, 06:11 PM
((((((Ginny))))))
You are loved, and I'm praying for you too. May you be at peace, heal properly, and be home soon.
Bless you dear!

~Miss Sheri

Cyndie
December 17th, 2014, 07:44 PM
I am sending good thoughts your way and praying for you. I hope you begin to feel better soon. God love you for thanking us. You must be a beautiful person with a very large heart. May God bless and heal you quickly. Hugs! Cyndie