PDA

View Full Version : Off to the......

bubba
December 16th, 2014, 08:38 PM
hospital???? Jill is having problems. Taking her in to see what's wrong. I know what I did, but it should not have caused this problem. Hopefully they can figure it out!

I had to haul Jack up to the sewing studio....he is HEAVY!!! But boy, does he ever sew like a charm!

lapeoples
December 16th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Uh oh. Hope it's nothing serious.

Kgrammiecaz
December 16th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Not sure I like the sound of this thread lol. Sorry to hear you need a fix me visit.

Vonnie
December 16th, 2014, 09:34 PM
What is it doing?

A couple of months ago I had to take my Baby in for dropping stitches on the right side of decorative stitches. That was a pain because I was doing applique on a baby quilt. Turned out to be a burr on the hook.

bubba
December 16th, 2014, 09:46 PM
The needle was jacked up and when I did surgery this morning I failed to get the bobbin case back in correctly and the bobbin thread would not come up.

We are friends again!

Vonnie
December 16th, 2014, 09:47 PM
The needle was jacked up and when I did surgery this morning I failed to get the bobbin case back in correctly.

We are friends again!

That bobbin case can be tricky. Glad she's better.

whippetmom
December 16th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I had the same problem, I could not get it to sew at all, just jammed. I was very lucky the person took the time at the store (before it closed in Olympia) and fixed it right there instead of having to wait. I am so careful now when I put the bobbin case back in and make sure the wheel is where it is supposed to be (mark matches on machine and wheel) , I was sweating bullets for quite awhile. My guy that fixes it is over an hour away for me to go now, so I hope I do not have emergency problems.

bubba
December 16th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Lucky for me it's only two miles to the shop!! They told me on the phone that they would more than likely be able to help me right there without sending her out for servicing. I still could not see how it was in wrong. I'd even got the book out to make sure I was doing everything right.

When I was there, she had the coolest little screwdriver!! I will be getting one of them. Unfortunately they were sold out, but my name is on the call list for as soon as they come in!

whippetmom
December 17th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Glad you lucked out. What kind of screwdriver? My husband gave me a curved one that I can get the plate off with, thank heavens because that is not easy to maneuver those screws. Any other fun items for the machine?

bubba
December 17th, 2014, 12:11 AM
I have never seen one before and don't know what it is called. It was a disc about 3/8" thick made of acrylic and there was a small metal part that came out of the bottom that fit right in the slit on the screwdriver. I had a heck of a time w/the back left one and finally turned the little one I was using upside down! I told her I wanted one, would pay anything for it and asked the price. She said, does it matter? You said you would pay anything!!! Well, the price is $8.99 and worth every penny.......and I just saw on the receipt I already paid for it! Don't know if that was in error or what.....

easyquilts
December 17th, 2014, 12:27 AM
I hope it 's nothing serious.... Gingers crossed....

whippetmom
December 17th, 2014, 01:19 PM
As long as it works who cares how much if you have already paid for it. Sounds like it will be pretty handy. Let me know how it works, will have to check one out, but the one my husband gave me is all metal and one end regular head and the other phillips head (like I would ever use that side). Did you by any chance see anything to polish the machine with? I have used Plastix on my clear Steady Table around the machine, but would like to know if there is something special I should use on the machine. I love the slippery feeling so that it helps with quilting.

bubba
December 17th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Did you by any chance see anything to polish the machine with? I have used Plastix on my clear Steady Table around the machine, but would like to know if there is something special I should use on the machine. I love the slippery feeling so that it helps with quilting.

Sorry, was not looking for anything like that, so no clue as to whether I saw it or not. When I go back in, I'll ask them.