PDA

View Full Version : Never let him borrow your scissors

Sandy Navas
December 16th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Scroll down on this page: Mystery Quilt! Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Part 3 ? Sleeping Dog Quilts (http://www.sleepingdogquilts.com/sleepingdogquilts/2014/12/14/mystery-quilt-bonnie-hunters-grand-illusion-step-3)

Genny
December 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Those arnery little labs will chew on just about everything:lol:

Pandabear
December 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Yup.. that's a lab for you. Chased mine around yesterday because he grabbed my rotary cutter off my sewing table. Thankfully it was closed.

Doggies.. sheesh.

Gina
December 16th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I seem to have learned the hard way about my furbabies being in my sewing room...Bobo snuck off with my pincushion (full of pins)!! Thank goodness he didn't swallow any! There was a trail of pins leading from my sewing room all the way to the living room. I now use one of those toddler gates to keep them out when I am in there.

Carrie J
December 16th, 2014, 12:28 PM
LOL, now that was funny! My biggest culprit/criminal is my cat! If there's a stray scrap of material on the floor, Boo picks it up and places it either in the water dish or leaves a "fabric" trail thru the house. The clincher was finding scraps on my pillow, I think she's missing her lap time!

Simply Quilting
December 16th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Wow! That is some strong teeth.

dwil23
December 16th, 2014, 12:55 PM
THANK YOU, SANDY!!!! I saw that and when I went to show it to a friend, couldn't find it again to save my life. I knew she would like it since her dog did the same thing to my scissors!!

rebeccas-sewing
December 16th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Good grief! That doesn't seem like a very desirable thing to chew on. I'd say boredom or revenge on the part of that beast. hahaha I'm still on step one! It's going awfully slow for me. Sewed a bunch of the patches together wrong. Lot's of cursing and then rip it, rip it, rip it. No tears though so that's good. hahaha

Momama
December 16th, 2014, 01:35 PM
My Beau, ( of course Bk Lab) is guilty of ALL the above, scissors, pin cushion, drop a wonder clip, gone, spools of thread, that p_____ me off. My glasses, sun glasses, dish towels, sponges, Oh, and let's not forget tv remotes! If his door is closed in his crate, outside they go. I have to close his crate door during the day because that's an all day thing, can't reach the back of it, I use the yard stick to drag things out. I know what your all talking about!

MRoy
December 16th, 2014, 01:36 PM
The dogs don't like to be in my sewing room. I think it's too tight a space for them. Rebecca, don't feel bad. I'm making the mystery half-sized. I set step 2 aside for now and am moving on the step three today. LOL!

Good grief! That doesn't seem like a very desirable thing to chew on. I'd say boredom or revenge on the part of that beast. hahaha I'm still on step one! It's going awfully slow for me. Sewed a bunch of the patches together wrong. Lot's of cursing and then rip it, rip it, rip it. No tears though so that's good. hahaha

Midge
December 16th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Wow, what a determined chewer her dog is. Maybe a nice bone is in order to give that pup something to do! I have the same scissors. I don't think my dog would do that. He is used to seeing his grooming tools lying about and pretty much gives them a sniff and walks away. Good thing our pets are so stinkin' cute, eh?

Pandabear
December 16th, 2014, 02:37 PM
My Beau, ( of course Bk Lab) is guilty of ALL the above, scissors, pin cushion, drop a wonder clip, gone, spools of thread, that p_____ me off. My glasses, sun glasses, dish towels, sponges, Oh, and let's not forget tv remotes! If his door is closed in his crate, outside they go. I have to close his crate door during the day because that's an all day thing, can't reach the back of it, I use the yard stick to drag things out. I know what your all talking about!

You have just described my yellow lab. I'm forever looking for the dishtowels!! He will also try and take your socks off your feet as you are putting them on.

Rebecca....chew bones are a lifesaver in my house. Three labs... we have tons laying around. The little one still gets into trouble though. His favorite game is 'Chase Me! I have something of yours in my mouth so come get it.'

Kgrammiecaz
December 16th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I seem to have learned the hard way about my furbabies being in my sewing room...Bobo snuck off with my pincushion (full of pins)!! Thank goodness he didn't swallow any! There was a trail of pins leading from my sewing room all the way to the living room. I now use one of those toddler gates to keep them out when I am in there.

Wish I could do that to keep the cat out!

lapeoples
December 16th, 2014, 04:26 PM
We had a j r terrier that would bounce on the foot pedal with both paws when she wanted my attention. It always worked.

cyndiofthevortex
December 16th, 2014, 05:09 PM
I thought this thread would be about our husbands! I found mine using my good sewing scissors cutting up wrapping paper and curling ribbons with it. At least now he has an idea of what to get me for Christmas!

I'm glad that dog didn't get hurt chewing on those scissors. I wonder if he looked sheepish after he did it, like my puppy used to. She never had the chance to get into my sewing room since I knew she'd chew on anything in sight!

Sandy Navas
December 16th, 2014, 07:27 PM
We had a j r terrier that would bounce on the foot pedal with both paws when she wanted my attention. It always worked.

Ahh, those JR's. When I moved here I had a security system installed because I wasn't going to be in the house for several months. The man who I contacted came out and surveyed, and marked out what type system I would need. While he was here he told me about his personal system. Seems every day, Monday through Friday, he'd get an alarm going off about 3:15 to 3:20 every day. He had a motion detector in the house and when the school bus would drop his kids off in front of the house their JR would jump up and down trying to see out the window. That's why they never had alarms over the weekend. And, with an adjustment in the 'viewing angle' the motion detector no longer caught the terrier jumping up and down.