PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday

Monique
December 16th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Good morning friends. I see Blondie isn't here yet so I will start this morning.

Last work day of the week, PLUS a luncheon with the Victoria's Quilts ladies to enjoy.

I need to have my 8mm video tapes made into DVD's. I have found that Walmart can do them. I have many treasures on those tapes and I don't want to lose them. So in the new year, that is what I will be doing with them.

Have a wonderful day.

Grandma Nan
December 16th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Good morning Monique. Thanks for getting us started. I'm up but boy or boy could I stand to go back to bed. Just had the little ones here for the weekend and then took them home on Sunday and drove back on Monday. Its about a 3-4 hour drive and I am jsut exhausted and still lots to do before Christmas. I am falling asleep just writing this so I better sign off and start moving around but hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

Blondie
December 16th, 2014, 08:50 AM

Happy Tuesday and Happy Hanukah!

I was late getting back from Mom's house this morning. Some days I just move faster than others and some days there just isn't enough java for me, lol. I know many can relate.

I worked a little bit on a winter type of wall hanging yesterday; I was playing with appliqueing a snowman and words Let It Snow on it. I have some silver snowflake looking charms I will add to it. I may keep it for the salon or if I finish soon enough gift it to a snowman crazy friend who decorates with snowmen all winter. Luscious and Mom were both encouraging me to keep it for myself since most everything I make I give away. It is so much fun to just give. I can always make another one.

Not much to say right now as I am still formulating my day in my head. Dr appts this week will have to be rescheduled for mom i think. She is doing okay, just having issues with legs and back due to the fact that she decided one day recently to use the treadmill and elliptical to get into shape. Poor baby. Those things are SO OLD and while she said, I only did a minute's worth, that was some workout. LOL. I know i would've been immobilized as well.

The weather here is supposed to be special this week - sunshine and in the 50's. I may just go outside and breathe deeply the beauty and goodness of it all. Prayers still being said for our California folks. Be safe.

Blessings, hugs and SMILES to all.

Bubby
December 16th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Morning Everyone,

Monique, that's a great idea to have your memories put on DVDs.

I have to go to Cuba this morning to try to diffuse a difficult tenant issue and to visit with one of our tenants. If a police officer is available this morning I may ask him to accompany me. I could use some serious prayer for this. Jeff can't take the day off and this has to be handled today. After going to the apartments I will head to a meeting with our attorney. On the way home I want to stop and buy some meat. Cuba has a store with super good meat (although expensive, but what meat isn't anymore).

Blondie, your Mom has quite a determined attitude, which is good because it's what keeps her going.

Wishing everyone a great day with hugs all around.....

CarolynK
December 16th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Good Morning!

Blondie, thank goodness your mom still tries to do something!
Monique, my uncle put a bunch of 8mm tapes on a dvd for all of us from the good ole days back on the dairy farm. I so treasure them.

Today will be more of the same - busy work day ahead. We have Curt's family coming in Sunday for Christmas but I have to work until Christmas Eve so he gets to entertain them all for a few days. I need to get some cookies baked and a few other things done so my sewing time will be almost non-existent until after Christmas. Big Sigh.

Hugs and prayers for all of you!

Carolyn

LRM
December 16th, 2014, 09:39 AM
I just found the chit-chat thread (really should scroll more often) and hope you don't mind my stopping in to say hello. Today I have to resist sewing and work on a big project for work. I'm applying for a promotion, but it requires that I showcase all that I've done for the past five years. It needs to be convincing, well formatted, and now they'd like it online. I've "worked" on it most the night. I'd much rather my mind solve quilting problem. Sigh.

Have a wonderful day taking care of yourself and others. And thanks for letting me say "good morning" from chilly Utah.

Mpyles
December 16th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Good morning! Sounds as if everyone has a busy day ahead! Enjoy your day!

Ahamblin
December 16th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Good morning everyone. Monique I will have to check out Walmart. I have some 8mm film from when I was little that I would love to have transferred to DVD for my brothers. Blondie your Mom is amazing.

Off this morning for my last PT on my foot. It's doing really well so I should be finished. DH had a Mohs procedure done last week and gets the stitches out today. So glad. They are very close to his eye and have been driving him crazy.

More work on the last Christmas gift. My DS#2 wanted a duvet cover for his down comforter out of corduroy. I found some months ago for $4 a yard and bought all she had. It is going to be really nice but I will never offer to make one of these again. Boy is it a pain - heavy and bulky. Working on it has been a challenge as DS#2 is staying with us occasionally until his apartment is ready Jan 1. So I have to be sure he is at work before I get it out again.

Box packed and ready to ship to DD. Heading to the post office after PT. Always feel better after the box is on it's way.

Hopefully decorating the tree today. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Stopped by DS#1 yesterday to pickup their gifts for his sister and DGS ran up to me saying "Gramma, we have a tree in the house! It's my tree you have to come see!" Three year olds are so much fun and have such wonder at everything.

Have a wonderful day.

MayinJerset
December 16th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Welcome Louise, stop by and say Hello whenever you can.

Have my Christmas cards all ready to be mailed, just waiting to receive the stamps I ordered from the PO to arrive, they should have been here yesterday. Tracked the outfit I ordered for DGGS#3 and it is supposed to arrive today, hope it does as I have the box for him and his parents all ready to go as soon as the outfit arrives. This morning I'll bake some cranberry bread to send with their gifts, we ate the one I made last week telling ourselves we had to eat it before it go too stale. A likely story but we're sticking with it. Also have several smaller packages to send and really would like to mail everything with only one PO visit.

Some really lovely Christmas cards have arrived and yesterday a big beautiful centerpiece of a bowl filled with evergreens, red and white carnations, ornaments and candles arrived from DS#2 and DIL. Have it on coffee table in the center of our living room so we can see it every time we pass by. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house also!

Sandy Navas
December 16th, 2014, 11:36 AM

Checking in quickly - grooving with Keith Urban and planning my day. In spite of what I think I WANT to do, I think I HAVE to do some laundry . . . or else . . . don't want to leave you with any weird images though.

Planning a Sam I Am quilt now for a wonderful nephew named - Sam. Found the fabric a few weeks ago and dreamed up the pattern layout in my sleep. Ran to HL and JoAs yesterday and bought some coordinates. But first, the log cabin . . . in between laundry loads.

Nothing else earth-shattering around here, so I'll head off to get things sorted. Sending special thoughts, prayers, hugs, and warm fuzzies to everyone.

Carrie J
December 16th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Good Morning all! :D Sunny and colder, with a little dip in the temps. Seems that in between each little cold front, we get rain, cloudy days and closer to true Winter Weather. Just hope the trip to see my big Sis on Saturday won't have any rain in it. Taking the quilt I made her up with me, and the machine, seems she needs a rectangular cushion made for a bench seat in her RV. And every conversation it becomes more involved! What she doesn't know is I made a mini quilt for her Dachsie Boogs as well, lol! Boogs is gonna love this, as she loves to be warm and cozy. Baking, laundry and sewing are on the agenda today, that and a very late Dr's appt (5:30 hope I get home before 8PM!), so it's crockpot time! Am off for coffee and to start the day, Hugs and blessings to all, especially those that need them!

BobW
December 16th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Good morning MO* Peeps!

It is Tuesday, or as some would say Hump-day Eve. This is my doctor day. All afternoon is appointments. YUK!

I'm going to post the following picture, and I apologize in advance if anyone is offended, but I have chuckled over it for a couple of days now.

Shame on me!

I hope everyone gets what they need to do today done and even finds a spare while to stitch a few stitches.

MayinJerset
December 16th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Bob, Don't know about anyone else but I Love It!

Simply Quilting
December 16th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Good Morning! Turned very cold today. Dh has a dental appointment today. He has a couple of teeth that have became very painful to him.

This evening from 6PM to 8PM our church is hosting a live nativity at the Watkins True Value parking lot on South Main. It is a free, come and go event with live animals including camels. We are providing hot chocolate and cookies. We are also doing the event on Wednesday and Thursday. Just a great way to celebrate Christmas with the community. So if you are anywhere near Maryville, Missouri stop on by.

I did get the first group of teachers gifts done yesterday. Now to work on the second set. I'm hoping the second set doesn't take as long as the first or we will need to put Christmas off by a couple of weeks.

Have a great day everyone :)

Amy R
December 16th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Bubby, please be careful. I hope there's an officer who can go with you.

Bob, that's hilarious!

It started raining last night hopefully it stops soon or snows. Not sure how much the basement can handle if the ground is still super saturated!
I have 4 bottoms of the crescents left and hand quilting 1 1/2 of the blocks to go. YAYYYYYYYYYYY. Better get offline soon and get some work done!!

Little one was up at 430 this morning in full worked up crying i want to sleep with mommy mode. We resisted and she finally went to sleep again after a bit. She actually slept in til 945 this morning, so I don't feel too too tired. I am changing pediatricians and have an appointment for her beginning of January for a check up. He holds two board certifications, 1 pediatrics and 1 for behavioral pediatrics. My neighbor takes her crew to him and he's got better ratings than the doctor she goes to now. I haven't been satisfied with current dr for pretty much the entire time so it's overdue for a change. the last straw was a snotty reply to an inquiry on our new insurance. SO DONE.

Anyways, looking forward to today's work and binding time... once I get to that step it's pretty much done as it's territory I've been in before. I know now that I won't give myself deadlines anymore, it doesn't make it fun and with the baby and everything going on it's not a good idea to put extra worry on meeting said deadlines.

Have a great day everyone!

tobeysmama
December 16th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Hello everyone, Just checking the computer then off to clean a little, sew a little ( doll dresses for granddaughters) and cookie making. We have a wrestling match at 4 pm for our grandson. Just home from taking his brother to the doctor. He has a serious sinus infection. Sounds like you all are just as busy today. I hope you all have a great day. Jan

Cathy F
December 16th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Morning all,
I was up and out early this morning dropping off some gifts and goodies to the Dr.'s office. I'm sad to see my Dr. retiring the early part of this coming year. Been with him for 20 years, now have to break a new one in :)
Bought all my supplies to start cookie baking this coming weekend, don't want to make them too far ahead or we'll have eaten most of them before Christmas gets here!
Tonight I was invited to join a quilt group that gets together once a month. Looking forward to that.
Well, better get a move on.
Bubby- Be safe, I don't envy you having to deal with that situation.
Bob- you gave me my chuckle of the day!
Sandy- if your in the groove I've got laundry that needs to be done. I'd rather be sewing!
Blondie- I say treat yourself and keep the snowman, you deserve it!

rebeccas-sewing
December 16th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Climbing aboard another plane at 7:20 a.m. tomorrow morning to fly to Richmond, VA. I'm spending Christmas with my sis this year. Joe and the girls will celebrate here in Placentia. I know it's odd to be separated for the holidays but it's just the best choice for this year. Now that my mom is gone I hate for my sister to be alone and our house isn't in a state to house company right now.

RockinLou
December 16th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Howdy!! I'm watching Pelican Brief with my husband right now... Talk about dusting off an oldie but goodie!!

I had a bust sewing day, making up a muslin of a dress I want to make my daughter, I've got the bodice right but I just can't sort out the sleeves how I want them... I'm half tempted to make her a little bolero jacket so I can just make the dress sleeveless and give her a jacket to wear too!!

I also worked on a little winter runner I thought I'd make myself, I have bits of it embroidered, and all of it pieced, it just needs quilting and binding now. Instead, I'm watching a 20 year old movie, trying not to run and sew!! We're on vacation for the holidays, so no stress!! ;-)

lapeoples
December 16th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Ha ha ha. We can always count on you, Bob, for a chuckle.