PDA

View Full Version : Do You Hear What I Hear? A Night Owl singing is what I hear...

MayinJerset
December 16th, 2014, 06:51 AM
and a very off key one at that. Any other Night Owls out there singing a Christmas Carol? Maybe we can harmonize?
This Night Owl fell asleep watching TV around 9:30 and woke up at 4:00 am so I think I'm up for today and hope to get much done.

Juliet Taylor
December 16th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Actually I'm listening to one of my fav radio station: Jazz Christmas!
If you go to Live365 Internet Radio Network - Listen to Free Music, Online Radio (http://www.live365.com) you'll find tons of Christmas stations! I used to listen to Deep Tracks in the Snow but now I'm more in the mood for JAzz Christmas... less singing more music :D
You know I've been singing Christmas songs since November...

irishrn
December 16th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Good morning!
Been up since 545am. Don't know why except I needed a bathroom trip and a hot cup of tea was calling me!
Misty, foggy morning. DH and the new pup CASEY are sleeping still! Need to gather up laundry and get the day started but it's just so peaceful here in the quiet!!!
Casey had his vet visit yesterday and all good. Slight stitch abscess at the site of his neutering surgery but got a antibiotic shot and some antihistamines to help him along. He does need a dental cleaning so that is scheduled for Jan 7 th!!
DH still having some mild chest pain almost daily so need to follow up with his doctor!! It goes away with the nitro spray fairy quickly!! Yesterday he walked up the stairs to my sewing room carrying his nitro to tell me he is having pain! REALLY!!
Could have called me to come to him!! But he decided walking up a flight of stairs was better!! There are days I question how he has made it this far! He claims he didn't want to bother me! Again......Seriously????
I truly believe men have a missing gene on their Y chromosome that prevents logical thinking!!! He can yell up to me when the TV remote isn't working properly, but not when he's having chest pain!!! ( see the problem!!)
I hope all have a great day! Won't be venturing far from the house today! Too much to do!!

Sandy Navas
December 16th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Eileen, I don't know whether to cry or to laugh (which was my first instinct). You definitely have to have the patience of an angel. I hope you realize those are wings carrying you around.

toggpine
December 16th, 2014, 12:56 PM
After a full day of making dough and baking cookies, I was done. (I still have two and a half batches of gingerbread and one batch of sugar cookies left to cut and bake.) I packed it all in at about 9 last night. Daughter had me up at 10 with growing pains in her knees. Dad put her to bed, but heaven forbid she talk to him about that.

At 1:45 I woke up with the worst case of reflux I've had in quite awhile. After determining I wasn't going to be sick, I took the appropriate meds and went to sleep sitting up on the couch. I did think about checking in with all y'all, but decided sleep might be hard to come by and opted for the blankie and not the laptop.

Must go shake the Miss out of bed and get her ready for school.
Cathy

whippetmom
December 16th, 2014, 02:01 PM
I do not know how you guys do it, I cannot survive on less than 8 hours of sleep. I would sew late into the night, but my sewing room is right above our master bedroom, so that is out. If I get up, I just go into my office and check the computer, wish I could sew, but too much noise . Cathy; if you want to get rid of some of your cookies I will give you my address and you can mail them to me, I will even pay for postage !!!!! Eileen , good luck with your husband, hope his pain goes away without too much trouble.

Juliet Taylor
December 16th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I do not know how you guys do it, I cannot survive on less than 8 hours of sleep. I would sew late into the night, but my sewing room is right above our master bedroom, so that is out. If I get up, I just go into my office and check the computer, wish I could sew, but too much noise

Same problem: I need a lot of sleep!
Plus the kitchen (where I sew) is right near our bedroom so if I wake up early I check the computer thinking how much I want to sew and can't LOL :)