PDA

View Full Version : Are you kiding?

MomGram
December 16th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Let me start by saying I love these people but "what?" Just got a text (not a phone call) from my inlaws they are coming for Christmas arrive the 24th. They did ask if they could stay with me or should they get a hotel. I'm happy to see them but some notice would have been nice. Will have to have my boys and nephew over, this weekend to move the guest bed down stairs and baby crib into another room. Neither of them would do well on the stairs.

My sister is like you should make them stay at a hotel but my husband was killed 9years ago (he was 36) and none of us could have survived without each other. I know it's the new baby drawing them here she is just too cute. Well guess I should let the boys know. Thanks for letting me ramble on.

share60
December 16th, 2014, 05:35 AM
How lovely a family Christmas and you are so blessed ,they must love you dearly to spend the season with youxxx(I agree more notice would have been nice but you are family!!!)
Seasons Greetings
Shareen

MayinJerset
December 16th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Good for you preparing for their visit, I know it's a lot a work at such short notice but you'll all be together at Christmas and that's what counts. Make sure someone takes so photos so you can share them with us.

Monique
December 16th, 2014, 07:54 AM
It will all work itself out in the end. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Suzette
December 16th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Totally understand your frustration about the late notice, and I'm glad you ranted a bit and got it out - we need that outlet! But I bet by now you are already preparing and looking forward to their arrival. :icon_bigsmile: Having family around at Christmas is priceless and though they can frustrate, they also bring so much love and warmth to our holiday. I hope you and yours have a very merry and blessed Christmas! :icon_bigsmile:

Bubby
December 16th, 2014, 09:05 AM
You are blessed to have family that wants to spend the holidays with you. It will be worth the extra preparations.

Grandma Nan
December 16th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Sometimes families take us for granted but you are very lucky that your in laws have stuck in there. If there is a baby involved that is important to keep everyone close and involved. I bet you, it will all work out just fine.

rebeccas-sewing
December 16th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I wonder why they waited so long to decide on a Christmas visit? It's so nice that they want to spend the holiday with you even if there motive is seeing the baby. I wouldn't blame them for that. It'll be a fun time for you all. Don't stress. Just go with the flow.

Amy R
December 16th, 2014, 03:45 PM
maybe they weren't sure if they could make it til now? Hope you all have a blessed time together and not too much last minute struggle.

songbird857
December 16th, 2014, 03:58 PM
It will be worth it :)

Blondie
December 16th, 2014, 04:25 PM
oh Anita, I feel your pain. We have so many family and some friends that just drop by with sometimes shorter notice than this. It would be nice if they stuck around long enough to clean up the mess they make - but - sighs here - we love them far too much. Everyone knows I have no room at my dinky house and sometimes we have so many at Mom's they have to make pallets on the floor in the LR.
Enjoy your in-laws. I know you will be ever mindful of the son they gave you as a husband and that they want to have that heritage live on. Now if we could just get calendars with circled days for acceptable visiting times, we would have it made, right???? God bless you this joyful time of the year.

K. McEuen
December 16th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I would have told them they were welcome to visit, but given them the name of a close hotel, especially if it involved moving furniture. I hope the visit goes well and that you enjoy your holidays.

MomGram
December 17th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I'm much calmer tonight and we have a plan in place for their stay. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.