PDA

View Full Version : DD is Officially Moved In

auntiemern
December 15th, 2014, 03:38 PM
To her new house. Her and a friend spent days packing up, and moving boxes into the new house. Wed and Thursday the carpet (which was not very old) was taken up in the LR and the 2 little kids BR's. At the same time the laminate wood floor in the mobile home was being taken up. The living room floor was put down Sat. with plans of getting the little kids room done Sunday. But God had other plans...the friend putting in the floors...became a dad again 4:30 Sun morning. Brianna got her room done Friday night. DD got the entire kitchen put together Sat evening as well as the furniture in the LR.
I am so very proud of my DH. He moved all of the dressers, beds, kitchen table, washer and dryer, and everything from the shed all by himself. His 2 boys helped him Saturday move the sofa, love seat, refrigerator, and her ginormous curio cabinet. And he was still moving stuff yesterday, and getting the last of it today.
I am sure you are all wondering what I have been doing during all of this BIG move. Actually not much. I have been fighting a COPD exacerbation, so I can't do ANYTHING without getting out of breath. I have helped with what I could, but no where near as much as I would like to have. Taking steroids and antibiotics, just trying to stay out of the hospital.
I am so very proud of and happy for Beck and the kids...Their first house. It is just perfect for her and the kids. It isn't big and fancy, but it is nice, in a great neighborhood, and absolutely perfect for them. It is on a little side street with only 5 houses. The kids can ride their bikes and scooters without worry of traffic.
She has met 2 of her neighbors. All of her neighbors are elderly....I tease her about how many of them will have their homes for sale next fall, after the 'kid invasion'. Thanks for letting me brag about my family....I love them all so very much.

GuitarGramma
December 15th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Oh Marylin, this is all so great (except the COPD, of course). Your daughter worked hard for this. It must make you feel great to know that she and your grandkids are in a terrific neighborhood.

Now, I suspect that her neighbors will NOT be moving out. Quite the contrary, you'll probably have competition in the grandparenting arena! But you'll also know that lots of caring eyes will be watching out for your babies.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 15th, 2014, 04:06 PM
So glad for Beck and the kids! I hope they enjoy their new home! Hopefully, it isn't far from Granma's house! And I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!

Sandy Navas
December 15th, 2014, 04:33 PM
What a wonderful, just in time for Christmas story!!

Now YOU! Take care of yourself, my dear, dear friend.

Simply Quilting
December 15th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I'm glad that they got all moved in. And she has a little time to get organized before Christmas. Please take care of yourself as we don't want to see you in the hospital for Christmas or any other time.

MayinJerset
December 15th, 2014, 07:53 PM
That's really good news for your DD and grandkids. Hope they are close to you and hubby so there is plenty time spent together. Best wishes to them in their new Home.

Iris Girl
December 15th, 2014, 07:56 PM
So happy they got moved in before Christmas. What a special Christmas in the new house this will be for all. Now take care of yourself so you can all enjoy Christmas at the new house.

Carrie J
December 15th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Marilyn, I know you have to be tickled pink for her and the Grands! AND their first Christmas in their new home, doesn't get much better than that! You most certainly have "bragging rights" for not only your DD, but your wonderful DH as well. Take care of yourself, even though you want to jump in and help more, save your strength for Christmas morning and celebrating it in your DD's new home! :D

Kgrammiecaz
December 15th, 2014, 08:46 PM
How excited she must be able to see her kids enjoy a new home for the holidays. You should be proud and brag and I am glad you are sharing with us. I know how you feel about see the family in their own place and know how great it feels.

Now be sure to rest plenty so you can enjoy the holidays with everyone. Feel better soon!

K. McEuen
December 15th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Everyone be very, very quiet. Marilyn is on steroids again!

Glad Bec and the kids got moved into their new home, and settled in so quickly. I'm surprised you didn't go along for the ride to supervise though. ;)

auntiemern
December 15th, 2014, 10:21 PM
I was delegating quite effectively. ;)
Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Everyone be very, very quiet. Marilyn is on steroids again!

Glad Bec and the kids got moved into their new home, and settled in so quickly. I'm surprised you didn't go along for the ride to supervise though. ;)

BellasQuilts
December 15th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Sending blessings for their new home!

Bubby
December 15th, 2014, 10:48 PM
This is such happy news about your DD and her family! Take care of yourself so you don't end up in the hospital...Hugs & Prayers for you, DF.

Cathy F
December 16th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Going to be an extra special Christmas for them this year in their new home, congratulations to them! Hope you are feeling better soon.

IBake
December 16th, 2014, 02:09 AM
KAREN-- IS THIS QUIET ENOUGH???

snippet
December 16th, 2014, 03:55 AM
Isn't is great to see your kids doing well? Great news Marilyn. Give your hubby a hug for doing all that hard work.

Rest and get well. This isn't good weather for COPD. Do breathing treatments help you?

Monique
December 16th, 2014, 07:59 AM
That is great news and just in time for Christmas.

NOW look after yourself and get better soon.

alliek
December 16th, 2014, 10:14 PM
They will always remember this home with a smile, because it came around Christmas. How wonderful for all of them! Such a special thing, a new home at Christmas! Thanks for bringing a smile to my heart with this story Marilyn.