PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Floral swap :)

pdjewelrylady
August 23rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
The new swap is here and I can't wait to see what we create together!! Click on the groups tab above and join the group and get ready to create your favorite 12" block using your favorite "fancy floral" focus print fabrics! :)

please remember by joining the group you are commiting to create and send equal number of blocks to players for swapping with your quilty lady friends :)

Mail finished blocks before / by October 20, 2011

These are going to create such a beautiful end of summer garden quilt top - looking forward to it!! YAY!!!! :)

sally
August 23rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Wowhoo....I love the blocks we get. Knowing that they come from all over and made by my friends here is the best!

Sandy Navas
August 23rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Just wait until you see what I've picked for my focus fabric. I'm truly excited about this swap!!!

PS - Suzi - we are so very happy that you are back on-line. Looking forward to hearing your vision is back to normal and you are at the machine again!! Prayers still being said on a daily basis for you.

quilter.martha
August 23rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
So I've joined in, my first block swap ever. I'm excited about it!

sassyquilter
August 23rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Mine too! yay!

institches64
August 23rd, 2011, 02:50 PM
So excited!!

Smfidler
August 23rd, 2011, 03:33 PM
I just joined. It's my very first swap. I'm sooo excited and soooo beyond nervous! I gotta start looking for a good block!

Loonwatcher
August 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
all you new swappers are going to love this. I just did my first and I'd do this one but I have signed up for a few classes and don't know how my time will be. Might wait for the next one.

sunflower1944
August 23rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
I am going to sign up too. My first swap. Can't wait!

BellasQuilts
August 24th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I joined but how many are we making?

mrswindy4
August 24th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Bella....it depends on how many people join. Last time I checked, there were 16 people signed up already. Sign up ends on Spet 10th.

I found my block and I cant wait to get started....quilt shop, here I come!!

Smfidler
August 24th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Eek! Just picked my fabric and block! Yay!

quilter.martha
August 24th, 2011, 07:47 AM
So the theme is floral. Is there a specific color scheme we should follow, ie, bright, subdued, country? Just wondering before I start planning. Also, do each of the blocks we each make have to be the same? Hopefully someone can answer these questions. Thanks!

Granny Judy
August 24th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I just signed up for my first swap.. I understand I can use whatever "floral" I have on hand,, and can make whatever block pattern I want as long as it is 12 inches. Perhaps 12.5 inches?? so the finished (sewn in place) block is 12 inches?? Just wondering since I need alot of direction..

mrswindy4
August 24th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I do believe we make 12" blocks....after they are set, they will be 11 1/2"

Most importantly....HAVE FUN!!!

quilter.martha
August 24th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I do believe we make 12" blocks....after they are set, they will be 11 1/2"

I don't know of any block patterns that come in 11 1/2" finished size. I have to assume we do a 12 1/2" unfinished block to be a 12" finished one.

sally
August 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM
What you should be mailing out is a 12" block.
If it turns outs that there are for example 16 involved in the swap you make 16 blocks. You keep one for yourself and send off the other 15. Most of us stick to one pattern but the choice of course is yours. By sticking with the same pattern we all end up with the same blocks and then we create from these our own unique quilt tops. So cool see what everyone comes up with. Remember it is whatever flower pattern that you fancy...

K. McEuen
August 24th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I was under the assumption that the block should be 12" when finished, meaning the one you mail out will be 12.5".

mrswindy4
August 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM
We mail out a 12 inch unfinished block... (which becomes an 11 1/2" block after its set in the quilt)

This site has many 12" block patterns.
http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html
(http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html)
This is the same link that Sally posted in the GROUP discussion.

mrswindy4
August 24th, 2011, 08:58 PM
OK...wait a minute..

I just looked back at the block I'm doing and it does measure 12 1/2" unfinished.

Now I'm confused!! LOL

K. McEuen
August 24th, 2011, 09:24 PM
a 12" block means 12" finished.

That same block will be 12.5" when it is mailed.

Sandy Navas
August 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM
a 12" block means 12" finished.

That same block will be 12.5" when it is mailed.

AGREE!!!!!

mrswindy4
August 24th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks Karen and Sandy!!

pdjewelrylady
August 25th, 2011, 11:19 AM
yeppers :) 12" finished equals 12.5" when mailed...........

deciding on my block today and then to go stash diving for Fancy Floral Focus Fabrics - say that fast 3 times!! LOL :)

pdjewelrylady
August 25th, 2011, 11:25 AM
So the theme is floral. Is there a specific color scheme we should follow, ie, bright, subdued, country? Just wondering before I start planning. Also, do each of the blocks we each make have to be the same? Hopefully someone can answer these questions. Thanks!

Fabric choice is up to you - ladies as you are choosing your fabrics please post pics on the groups homepage - that will make it better to get them all more coordinated....i personally like happy bright color tones.....

Yes martha - all the blocks you create will be the same - the number of blocks will be determined by the number of players signed up as of sept 10th. After you have pieced your blocks you will send them and i will swap them and you will receive back all different ones created by each of the other players to create a finsihed top..... LOVE that part the bestest ;)

quilter.martha
August 25th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Fabric choice is up to you - ladies as you are choosing your fabrics please post pics on the groups homepage - that will make it better to get them all more coordinated....i personally like happy bright color tones.....

Yes martha - all the blocks you create will be the same - the number of blocks will be determined by the number of players signed up as of sept 10th. After you have pieced your blocks you will send them and i will swap them and you will receive back all different ones created by each of the other players to create a finsihed top..... LOVE that part the bestest ;)

Suzi, I guess what I was wondering, can we make the same block, but use different fabrics? I was thinking of my stash... I don't have enough of anything for the size group we've got, but I have LOTS of fabric I could create various color schemes with, using the same pattern.

Let me know. Thanks!

pdjewelrylady
August 25th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Sure :) that is fine with me :)

Sandy Navas
August 25th, 2011, 10:37 PM

What I'm using as my 'basic' fabric. Just ordered (From ALASKA)!!!!

Angela Ryerse-Multhaupt
August 26th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the great site for 12in. blocks mrswindy4! :)

pdjewelrylady
August 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM
The total number to make will be determined on Sept 10 after all players have joined the group :) We will each make 1 block to swap per player :) so 25 players = 25 blocks :) and so on. When the mailing date gets close I will post my address in the groups discussions and get ready for swap day :0 LOVE THAT!! :)

Mom & I have been "looking" thru our stash to find just the right Fancy Floral Focus - how are you doing finding just the right fabrics for your blocks?? these are going to be so beautiful for end of summer garden tops - yippppeeeee!! :)

debinmalaga
August 28th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I really want to join the fun... I have to buy fabric, but am unsure how much to buy since we don't know (yet) how many blocks we're making. Since we're talking a focus fabric, do you think about 4 yards will be enough?

pdjewelrylady
August 28th, 2011, 09:04 PM
hi Deb - 4 yds will should be plenty for your focus :)

debinmalaga
August 28th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Oh goodie, thanks for getting back to me so quickly Suzi! I ordered 4 yards of Lilac Hill and two of Dogwood Trail Porcelein. I have white on white already that'll keep things light and bright. Can't wait to get started! Was so happy to order my fabrics from MSQC.

gypsylady5
August 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I don't know of any block patterns that come in 11 1/2" finished size. I have to assume we do a 12 1/2" unfinished block to be a 12" finished one.

I think that is what Suzi is intending - 12-1/2" unfinished - 12" finished. Most block patterns come in this size.

gypsylady5
August 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Wow, I'm getting started making my blocks. I've decided on the pattern and am selecting fabrics from my stash. Each block will be the same pattern, different fabrics so I can use my stash of precut fabrics without having to buy more fabric. Should make it really interesting to see what all I come up with. What number are we up to now, Suzi?

K. McEuen
August 30th, 2011, 12:04 AM
So far there are 23 members in the group

pdjewelrylady
September 4th, 2011, 07:02 PM
decided on my Floral Focus Fabric today.... These are going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO prettttttyyyyyyy!!! ;) Signup is open thru next saturday - join us in the swap by making your favorite 12" blocks created from beautiful Florals.....1 per each player.....and no quilt police!! :) YAY!!

HandsOffItsMine
September 4th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Ok, my first formal swap...here we go! I better get started on pattern selection and fabric. I better have DD send my boxes of stash that I left behind in CA. ; ) I'm sure she'll be happy to get it out of her closet. HeHe

pdjewelrylady
September 16th, 2011, 01:26 AM
WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO we have 25 players signed up for our Fancy Floral block swap! LOVE IT!! :)

Smfidler
September 16th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Yay! Holy moly! I better get started, I haven't even started to shop since i was waiting for a head count

mrswindy4
September 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I got enough fabric cut for 30 blocks....I see a table runner with the extras!!

oldgurl4
September 16th, 2011, 12:20 PM
OKAY!!...

:icon_tup: I FINALLY I DECIDED....

on the fabrics for my BLOCK!...:icon_shake: I still have a Headache

I posted a Pic on the Group fotos.

I also posted a pic of the block I will be doing on MY FOTO ALBUM:icon_whistle:

TTYL :icon_wave:

gypsylady5
September 18th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I'm moving right along. Up to 15 or 16 made now. Lots of fun digging in my stash for the right combinations for my block. They are so pretty. It does take me a little longer, but I am getting to know what is in those boxes of pre-cut squares from leftover projects. Suzi will have fun sorting these out and deciding who get what. I think she posted a couple photos I sent her of what I had done sometime ago. Now to get with it and finish the rest of the blocks so I can get back to the fan quiilt and make the additional blocks I need to make it bed sized. That is gorgeous! And then I get to play with the animals and the patriotric blocks. Geez, this is fun. Thanks again, Suzi for hosting these swaps even with all your problems. This does give me a reason to get into my sewing room and do some sewing on my fancy new machine!

:icon_wave: :icon_wave: :icon_wave: :icon_wave: :icon_wave: :icon_wave: :icon_wave: :icon_wave:

pdjewelrylady1
September 27th, 2011, 01:42 PM
SOOOOO Exciting!! the first of the Floral Swap blocks are here!! Yipppppeeeeee!!! they are wonderfully made - good job ladies! :)

mrswindy4
September 27th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Mine are finished, signed and waiting to go to the post office this week!

I had a lot of fun making these!!

sally
September 27th, 2011, 05:41 PM
SLOW DOWN YOU GUYS!!!! :D

institches64
September 28th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I agree with Sally- I only have 5 done!! lol:icon_rolleyes:

quilter.martha
September 28th, 2011, 07:31 AM
finished my blocks yesterday. All signed and ready to go!

mrswindy4
September 28th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Its not a race, ladies.

Just enjoy yourself and have fun! :)

Granny Judy
September 28th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I finally finished My batch...Whew, just gotta press and get them shipped out. Should get to the post office this coming week end when DD is able to drive me around.

pdjewelrylady
October 2nd, 2011, 01:36 PM
These fancy floral blocks are so fabulous!! i really think we will have a beautiful end of summer garden quilt with them...... players be sure to check in on the groups page and let us hear of yor progress and post your pictures ;) we love to share right?!? whooohoooo swap day is getting here! love it :)

pdjewelrylady1
October 4th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Ladies (and Gents) we have had a player drop out of the floral swap - is there one quiltylady lurking that would like to jump in?? we have an opening and still plenty of time to create beautiful fancy floral swap blocks in your favorite color and pattern!! let me know today please :) yipppppeeeee!!! :)

pdjewelrylady
October 6th, 2011, 12:50 PM
have an opening in the fancy floral swap - anyone lurking want to jump in real quick?? please let me know! :)

sally
October 6th, 2011, 02:10 PM
any luck yet?

Kizzie
October 6th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Still need a person??? and when do they have to be done by?? and how many..(that is if you dont mind a newbie! :)

K. McEuen
October 6th, 2011, 03:42 PM
25 - 12" blocks (12.5 inches unfinished)

mailing date is on or before October 20

Kizzie
October 6th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks Karen any rules or guidelines on colours or design

pdjewelrylady1
October 6th, 2011, 04:01 PM
hi Kizzie - love to have you join us :)
Click on the groups tab above and join the group and create your favorite 12" block using your favorite "fancy floral" focus print fabrics! :) many of the ladies have posted pictures in the group and yo will be able to take a look at what is already being pieced.

please remember by joining the group you are commiting to create and send equal number of blocks to players for swapping with your quilty lady friends :) by October 20, 2011

These are going to create such a beautiful end of summer garden quilt top - looking forward to it!! YAY!!!! :)

Kizzie
October 6th, 2011, 05:15 PM
ok ... gosh sign me up! I hope I can do it - I may have to ask for help along the way if I get stuck lol

pdjewelrylady1
October 6th, 2011, 05:24 PM
you can do it ;) we can help

Kizzie
October 6th, 2011, 11:32 PM
ok I've added my pic...

here it tis!!!

pdjewelrylady1
October 6th, 2011, 11:34 PM
AWESOME!! way to go Kizzie!

be sure to post on the groups homepage too :) please :)

Kizzie
October 6th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks Suzi... its a bit hard for me quite challenging so I hope I can do all 25 lol!! 24 to go!
yup done and done - I think it said waiting for approval? not sure what that means lol

HandsOffItsMine
October 7th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Folks, Kizzie's a ringer.

Beautiful block though! WTG!

Kizzie
October 7th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Uh oh what does a ringer mean? Did I copy someone?? I checked the pics and couldn't find one :( what's a ringerrrrrr !! LOL

HandsOffItsMine
October 7th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Uh oh what does a ringer mean? Did I copy someone?? I checked the pics and couldn't find one :( what's a ringerrrrrr !! LOL

Any type of contestant in a game who is entered in order to cheat. For example, a professional bowler who plays in an amateur bowling match.

You lost because you were up against a ringer.

We're just teasing you because you have a natural talent not only for color but for sewing. You're doing a great job! We love ya!

Kizzie
October 7th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Haha and I thought I had chosen the same pattern as someone else lol!!!

That's my 2nd attempt at the triangles lol the first ones were a disaster lol!!! I will let you know how I go tomorrow doing some more blocks lol if it still seems too hard I'm gonna change the pattern! Lol! But thanks for the compliments lol I only got 13days to try get them done in time lol! The pressure is on ! Haha oh well I'm learning and having fun!!! That is what its all about - and I love all you ladies too! Lol

institches64
October 7th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Kizzie- that is gorgeous!!

sunflower1944
October 7th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Love, Love, Love your block - the colors are gorgeous!

Kizzie
October 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Thankyou ladies very much!!!

sally
October 7th, 2011, 01:22 PM
KIZZIE IT IS BEAUTIFUL...we are so lucky you joined .This quilt is going to be so pretty! I will take a photo of my block tonight and post it...PROMISE!

pdjewelrylady1
October 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
RAIN RAIN & RAIN here in central florida today - perfect day for finishing up the Fancy Floral blocks and get ready for the swap day!! Whooohoooooo 10 days to go!! looking forward to the beautiful end of summer garden quilt these will make!! swappers please check in and let us know how you are progressing! :)

HandsOffItsMine
October 9th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Suzi...you'll be getting 24 if I don't get my machine back in time from the tech. ;( A least it made it through the 24. Yeah! Need to press and sign. Will put in the mail next week.

sunflower1944
October 9th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Suzi, I have 13 completed and signed. The rest are all cut and in various stages of assembly. Should be no problem getting them done in time. And good news - I have tomorrow off so I can get some more done!

institches64
October 10th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Hi- I have almost 21 completed!! I am so pysched - the PT for my knee is helping so now I can actually get down the cellar stairs to sew and it feels to good to be able to do this! Can only last for a few hours then I have to come up and rest it. I can't wait to get these floral blocks back and put them to good use. I may make a few smaller quilts and donate to quilts for kids. What does everyone do with their quilts?

Kizzie
October 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I have done 1!!! hooray!! hahah.. well i'm waiting for my floral material - all the rest is cut up prepared and ready to sew.. just waiting for my floral - I even emailed the lady when I ordered it and said I need it really quickly please help its for a block swap and the girls will be mad if I dont have it in time pretty please send it as soon as you are able too! and she replied!
Sure thing!! I know all about those block swaps i have popped it in the mail for you today! (This was 2hrs after I placed the order)!!

Soooo hopefully I get the material in the next 3 days!!!

Kizzie
October 10th, 2011, 10:08 AM
KIZZIE IT IS BEAUTIFUL...we are so lucky you joined .This quilt is going to be so pretty! I will take a photo of my block tonight and post it...PROMISE!

Thankyou Sally your words mean alot!!! but where is this promised photo???? :)

sally
October 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
:0 Will head upstairs right now and take one....

Sandy Navas
October 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I hope Shauna didn't take the last picture . . . I always got the last cookie . . . .

pdjewelrylady1
October 11th, 2011, 12:22 PM
HAHA! me too Sandy but they are always the best!! :)
with 10 days to go before swapping i have come across a fun new block pattern i wanted to try out last night - guess what - I am changing up my block for you ladies!! hahahahaha - now doing the Japaneze Lantern!! so fun :) Yippppeeeeee its a full day of sewing for meeeeee...... ;)

institches64
October 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
lol - can't wait to see the new block - sounds interesting!

debinmalaga
October 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Suzi, can't WAIT to see your new block! I've got 11 blocks completed, 14 9 patches done and ready for cutting/reassembly as d9p's. I'll be done before the 20th!!!

Monique
October 11th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I have 13 done, 12 more cut up and waiting to be sewn. Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's only a day away. LOL!!

jrchapman
October 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I've suddenly remembered about this thread. I thought I was finding it a little lonely making my blocks without the chat!

I'm just pressing my final seams now so I can get my blocks in the post tomorrow

Monique
October 17th, 2011, 08:25 PM
This is the second swap I have done. I absolutely love it. I just received my Canadian swap blocks today. So exciting. Mine will go out in tomorrow's mail.

sally
October 17th, 2011, 08:51 PM
All done but two to "finish'' up and then they will be in the mail. I have taken pics of my blocks but now I can't find that computer cord thingy that allows me to download them onto my computor. UGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Monique I must be a happy quilter....

oldgurl4
October 17th, 2011, 10:40 PM
:icon_shake:I don't think I'll have any HAIR left after this!

Blondie... I think I'll be needing to make a WIG appointment with Ya Soon.:0

If anyone has recently been hearing weird sounds (Specially in the middle of the Nite) It's not the howlling sounds of the coming Holloween.... YES! even Overseas....

WELL.... I APPOLOGIZE.....

It's just ME trying to finish these :icon_tape:$#@*(%$&@ Blocks.:icon_doh:

I think I've met my Match!!:icon_doh:

institches64
October 18th, 2011, 06:30 AM
HI- Mine are complete!! I am just trying to find the stupid pigma pen I used on the last ones!!! Has anyone seen it? lol

Monique
October 18th, 2011, 08:40 AM
All done but two to "finish'' up and then they will be in the mail. I have taken pics of my blocks but now I can't find that computer cord thingy that allows me to download them onto my computor. UGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Monique I must be a happy quilter....

Shauna, I am a very HAPPY quilter too!!

sally
October 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
HI- Mine are complete!! I am just trying to find the stupid pigma pen I used on the last ones!!! Has anyone seen it? lol

Can you look for my red one while your at it!

oldgurl4
October 18th, 2011, 02:07 PM
25 - 12" blocks (12.5 inches unfinished)

mailing date is on or before October 20

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

~~Suzie~~ I thought the instructions said the Finished BLOCK Is Suppose to Be 12" Not 12.5 ? ??

Plz Don't Tell Me that Nowwwwww that I'm Almost Done... and going BOLD!!!!!!

institches64
October 18th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I found my black one but couldn't locate your red one! LOL

sally
October 18th, 2011, 08:51 PM
OLDGURL...Don't fret. I too finished mine to 12 inches.

pdjewelrylady1
October 20th, 2011, 02:01 PM
TODAY is the final mailing day!! Most of the blocks are here or on the way and getting close close close to swap day!! SO EXCITED to see how these all go together in a beautiful fun fancy floral end of summer quilt top! Thank You ladies for playing! :)

Kizzie
October 20th, 2011, 02:03 PM
ok my finished sizes are a bit all over the place from 12.5 to 12.75... I would rather not square them off so when you recieve it you can decide what to do yourself lol... so i finished all 25 of mine last have to finished signing today and they are off in the mail YAHOO!!!

so is it just Name? State? forum nickname?? what do I put on.... :)

Kizzie
October 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
ok ok I just couldnt resists!!!! I laid out all my blocks to have a peek...

institches64
October 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Kizzie- that is so pretty!! I mailed mine out - I didn't square them up either. Figured some people may want to add borders, some may want smaller, etc. Can't wait!

pdjewelrylady1
October 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM
woweeeee!! :icon_cool: fabulous Kizzie! and you made them all in just 13 days!! so hap hap happpppppy you decided to play! now get them in the envelope before you decide to keep them! LOL :lol: What is really funny is that I just did the same thing in laying them all out!! The open barn door already on the bed just happens to have the perfect dark green sashing hummmmm ..... ;)

debinmalaga
October 20th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I'm such a ninny, I didn't lay mine out, so can only imagine how it would have looked. Thanks for posting pics, Kizzie and Suzi!

Smfidler
October 20th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Just mailed! I didn't sign bc I could find the pen and didn't know we had to until 2 days ago:(. I'll postapic ASAP if it let's me this time

Smfidler
October 21st, 2011, 06:36 PM
http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i347/smfidler/crafts/?action=view&current=DSC_0103.jpg

my finished block

sally
October 21st, 2011, 07:10 PM
How pretty!

pdjewelrylady1
October 21st, 2011, 07:20 PM
Shannon! fabulous fancy florals!! love them to pieces!! :)

institches64
October 21st, 2011, 07:28 PM
Shannon- so pretty! I want a whole quilt of these!

Monique
October 21st, 2011, 10:00 PM
Absolutely beautiful.

jrchapman
October 22nd, 2011, 06:41 PM
http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i347/smfidler/crafts/?action=view&current=DSC_0103.jpg

my finished block

So pretty! I can't wait to see these in person

HandsOffItsMine
October 22nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Very cute! I'll have to write your name on it!

Smfidler
October 22nd, 2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks! I searched the Ben Franklin over here and fabric mart and couldn't find one of those pens:(

HandsOffItsMine
October 23rd, 2011, 01:11 AM
Thanks! I searched the Ben Franklin over here and fabric mart and couldn't find one of those pens:( I know, even Office Depot, OfficeMax and Walmart didn't have one. Luckily I found one with all my graphic design stuff. Better put one on your wish list for when there's a Daily Deal that strikes your fancy. lol

pdjewelrylady1
October 24th, 2011, 12:00 PM
WHOOOHOOOO!!!! we are getting close close close to SWAP day!! everyones blocks should be either already here - most are - YAY!! or in the hands of the post office delivery persons........:) these blocks are all so fun and fabulous!! - going to love love love putting them all together and enjoying a wonderful end of summer fancy floral quilt to snuggle with as the season changes. Thank you to everyone who played! :)

Kizzie
October 25th, 2011, 04:32 PM
yahooo im so excited too!!! yippeee hooray~ Suzi please tell me you have mine by now I hope lol!!!??

Just saw in the group post they made it safe and sound hooray!!! :D

jrchapman
October 26th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I'm getting so excited, I jiggle around in my seat when I think about them arriving!

HandsOffItsMine
October 26th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I'm getting so excited, I jiggle around in my seat when I think about them arriving!

For some reason I'm getting a very strange picture in my mind with this statement?!? :D

Sandy Navas
October 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM
For some reason I'm getting a very strange picture in my mind with this statement?!? :D

. . . . at least I had enough dignity not to comment on my visual . . . .

HEE HEE

Kizzie
October 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM
ahaha ... and here I was VERY innocent till Sandy and Ruby came along!

Sandy Navas
October 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM
ahaha ... and here I was VERY innocent till Sandy and Ruby came along!

Yeah, Kizzie, but you gotta admit you love your new found 'street smarts' and curse words . . .

Kizzie
October 26th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I know...I just dont know how I would have survived in the quilting community without them!! :D :D

HandsOffItsMine
October 26th, 2011, 11:37 PM
...And I just knew that my buddies would follow up with some comments. 'Cause hey, laughter is better than crying! So there!

jrchapman
October 27th, 2011, 05:00 PM
He he he! You're all so naughty. There I am with my innocent excitement and now I'm blushing :0

BellasQuilts
October 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I'm getting really excited to get them. This is my very first swap and I can't wait.....really, I can't. Are they in the mail yet? Huh? Huh?

pdjewelrylady1
October 27th, 2011, 05:51 PM
We are getting there - 2 packages still with the mail lady..... waiting waiting here tooooo..... oh i just can't wait any longer! i must go play with them!! hahahahaha ;)

mrswindy4
October 27th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Mine are on the way!!! They should be there anytime!!

pdjewelrylady1
October 28th, 2011, 09:31 PM
hi Mary - yours are here and they are perfect! great job!! :)

BellasQuilts
October 28th, 2011, 10:04 PM
It's not fair. Suzi gets to play with them and we don't. Please, please, please hurry Mr. Postman!

pdjewelrylady
October 31st, 2011, 05:03 PM
YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!! ALL 25 blocks have made it and are ready ready for swapping!! What a fun treat for me on this halloween night! Love it!! thank you ladies for playing - very beautiful fabulous fancy floral swaps for a very pretty end of summer quilt made by quiltyladies from around the world!!

HandsOffItsMine
October 31st, 2011, 09:43 PM
Suzi, THANK YOU! For taking the time and energy to coordinating this swap. It takes a lot of effort and we all appreciate you doing this for all of us!

Love ya! Ruby

BellasQuilts
October 31st, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hear, hear Ruby! I second that. Thank you Suzi!

Sandy Navas
October 31st, 2011, 11:32 PM
Hear, hear, seconded - or is that thirded? Thanks for all your help and guidance on these swaps, Suzi.

sunflower1944
November 1st, 2011, 01:03 AM
Thanks from me too. Can't wait to see them, I'm so excited - this is my first swap!

pdjewelrylady1
November 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
SWAP DAY!!! my favorite part!! YIPPPPEEEE!!!!

sally
November 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
I KNEW mine would be last...lol! Thank you Suzi for doing this!

Smfidler
November 1st, 2011, 08:08 PM
Eeeeekkkkkkk, yay. Thanks for posting the pics of the great floral swap or 2011! I am getting sooo excited, they all look soo wondful!

debinmalaga
November 1st, 2011, 08:44 PM
Suzi, thanks for taking Swap Day pictures! You've been so thoughtful and such a good cheerleader!

Sandy Navas
November 1st, 2011, 11:01 PM
If you think the pictures are great you should see her video!!! She's dancing around (clipped those photos out when she was really behaving . . . ) She'll be on you-tube soon!!!! She didn't realize I knew how to copy the video and repost . . .

pdjewelrylady1
November 2nd, 2011, 01:00 AM
hahahhahahahaha very funny!! you wouldnt want to have your blocks held hostage now would you ms sandy?!?!?! :icon_heh:

HandsOffItsMine
November 2nd, 2011, 01:18 AM
hahahhahahahaha very funny!! you wouldnt want to have your blocks held hostage now would you ms sandy?!?!?! :icon_heh:

O Ohhhh Sandy is in trouble! :icon_cool:

pdjewelrylady1
November 2nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
LOL - not to worry, they got sent off this morning with everyone elses :) BIG HUGS to all my quiltylady friends - let us know when yours are home and be sure to show us pictures of your projects!! :D

HandsOffItsMine
November 2nd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Yea Wooooooo to Suzi!!!

Thank you, thank you again for getting this swap done! I know we're all excited to get our packages in the mail, then to oohhh and ahhhh over all the blocks.

You're the best!

Hugs! Ruby

pdjewelrylady1
November 4th, 2011, 02:43 AM
:icon_whistle: now i am the one waiting... la la la .... whose florals will make it home first?? ..... la la lalala la .... of course while waiting ,,,,, I have been playing..... each block is sanwiched, quilted and ready to be sashed together ..... :D

HandsOffItsMine
November 4th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Did you FM or SITD or both? Use muslin as the backer? What? Newbies to swaps want to know. lol

Hugs, Ruby

pdjewelrylady
November 4th, 2011, 03:24 AM
LOL - the backing was cut from 2 twin size bed sheets - one really pretty green grass with white flowers and the other an equally pretty lavendar with white and pastel pink flowers. The quilting is SID using decorative stitches. I used a lightweight flannel for the batting. Any suggestions for sashing color? ;)

institches64
November 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM
You sandwich each block individually? Dumb question, but how do you put blocks together? I don't understand what you do with the sashings? Do you sandwich them also then stitch like normal? I know it is early but I can't picture it. LOL Sorry!

Granny Judy
November 4th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I'd use a Neutral for binding, Suzi. There are so many bright colors that anything else would just jumble the eye and leave no place to rest them before taking in the Next Beautiful Block.. I'm a fan of muslim or white.

Sandy Navas
November 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Judy and I see eye-to-eye . . . well, I did have to bend down just a little bit . . . neutral is the way to go on the sashing and binding.

pdjewelrylady1
November 4th, 2011, 10:54 AM
the sashing technique is in a book called "crazy shortcut quilts"..... not so sure it is a real shortcut though - lol!! ;)

its is a summer weight quilt - so yes - i think a white or cream will be best. :) although i think i like a soft sea foam green too..... :)

oldgurl4
November 4th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Wowwww..... Suzi!!! You already sandwitched them!
Don't YA have a Cow to Milk? or something like that?....LOL....JK

Awwww...... Look At them! Wooooowwww....
I LUV them All!

Thank-You for Posting the Pics

~Suzi~
You Did an AMAZING JOB on Hosting this SWAP!
Thank-You for your ENCOURAGEMENT

Were you a Cheerleader in your Prevous Life?...LOL

Just to think they will be in my hands Oooohhh maybe TODAY or Tomorrow!?
Lol...lol...
I will be like GOLLUM aka "Smeagol" from Lord of the Rings...."We wants it, we needs it.... Must have the PRECIOUSSsssss"

Smfidler
November 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I love what you did with my block:). I think the sitd is a great idea. I can't wait to get these in my hands! I can't wait to finish shopping for my 3 dudes block to swap!

sunflower1944
November 4th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Mine are here! They are gorgeous. Thank you Suzi for doing this and a great big thank you to all the ladies that made the blocks. Now to decide what to do with them.... Fun, fun, fun!

pdjewelrylady1
November 4th, 2011, 05:52 PM
yourwelcome :) but THANK YOU for playing!! ladies remember as your blocks arrive please check in on the group thread so to keep track :) and post pictures of your projects!! :) Yippppeeeee!!!

SuziMoose
April 2nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Peeking thru old posts about swaps, and came across a pix of you with a big pile o' lovely blocks in a swap you did, Suzi-- how neat!

When I was little, I thought all "Suzi"s had vanilla-blonde hair like me...nope, we also come in "chocolate-brown"

Nice to put your face/name together Suzi!

BTW, I always ask: Are you a Susan or a Suzanne?
I'm a Suzanne (Suzi, Suz-- never Sue)