PDA

View Full Version : Shoplifter at Kohls today... sheesh...

songbird857
December 14th, 2014, 08:26 PM
So my DD and I were at Kohls this afternoon - she wanted to pick up a scarf for her sister for Christmas and we love their accessories! I also picked up a cute little stocking for my Cairn and a few scented candles cuz I looooooove candles. Anyway, we had just checked out and we were standing by the entrance; I was calling my hubby to pull the truck up (he had gone to Home Depot to get the Christmas tree - yay!!)
All of a sudden, this guy and girl pass by me walking very fast, right out the door, setting off the alarm - I noticed that the guy had clothes in his arms, not sure if the girl had anything. They jumped into a car that was waiting for them by the door... I didn't even think, I just ran out the door yelling "Someone get that license plate number!!!" My daughter was with me, and the plaza was very crowded, so they couldn't just speed away - we got their license plate number and went back in to tell the manager.
Here's the interesting thing - when I went back into the store, there wasn't one other person by that entrance that had really noticed what was going on - and let me tell you, the store was packed with employees and shoppers (about 3 in the afternoon in a verrrry busy shopping plaza). It felt surreal - I looked toward the customer service area (right there by the door), and it was crowded with a line, so I asked a cashier to speak with a manager, and she nonchalantly pointed in the direction that the manager had just gone. Luckily, I knew who the manager was (I'm in there enough :D) and I followed her - she was grateful for the information and called security. I don't know if they will catch them but I sure hope so.... crazy!

Hulamoon
December 14th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Your a good samaritian:)

I have a story too. I think I was about 17-18 and I was at a mall in a really popular clothing store, geared toward teens. I was in the dressing room and two girls were obviously putting on clothes under their clothes. So I walked by the counter and told them that there were two girls stealing back there. I didn't stick around to see what happened. Made me nervous. lol

Sandy Navas
December 14th, 2014, 08:59 PM
I watched in Wal-mart a year or so ago when a couple were checking out groceries. They were positioned such that he was unloading the cart and she was taking the loaded (already checked) sacks and setting them back in the cart. I was ready to say something when the checker came around and said - I noticed there are a few things here that never made it to the check-out. Obviously they had pulled this trick quite often - ever notice the mirrors across from the checkers on the opposite checker booth? They catch people all the time.

There's nothing that I need that is worth stealing - I just don't get it.

Vonnie
December 14th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Some steal even when they have plenty of money to buy it.

bubba
December 14th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Sadly, they are probably part of a shoplifting ring. Kohl's and Walmart get hit by them all the time! An interesting fact is that Lowe's will not chase a shoplifter. You can walk out with anything and they will not pursue you......the person we were talking to about that worked there and he said he has seen people load washers, dryers, air compressors etc up on dollys and walk right out. I don't know how they live with themselves!

Simply Quilting
December 15th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Wow.

On Friday when we were in at Kohls, there was a couple who walked IN the door and the alarm went off. They both looked at each other with this look of what is going on. One of the employees told them not to worry about it as there was probably just an alarm sensor on their clothes.

bttyboopette
December 15th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I was 19 and shopping with my girl friend. she tried to walk out with a swimsuit on under her clothes. I had no idea, until security grabbed us. I've never been so scared! my husband had just gone off to basic training for the A.F., all I could think was now he'll get booted! the security folks weren't too hard on me, they knew I hadn't taken anything. but I had to call her boyfriend to come get her and leave on my own.

Suzette
December 15th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Good for you Songbird! We need more good samaritan's like you and your daughter! :icon_bigsmile: