PDA

View Full Version : I know Rudolph is a female

Sandy Navas
December 14th, 2014, 07:33 PM
According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December.
Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.
We should have known... ONLY women would be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost.

lapeoples
December 14th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Go Sandy!!!

BobW
December 14th, 2014, 08:42 PM

Isn't it nice to see Rudolph and male parent figure! It is hard to describe it since you are rewriting history, and remember Rudolph will go down in History.

AuntieVic
December 14th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Yes Sandy, we should have know they were all female.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 14th, 2014, 09:16 PM
50th Anniversary of Rudolf's fabulous story! What would we do without him? Or maybe it's the 50th Anniversary of the TV show, first aired Dec. 6, 1964. Bumble the Abominable is part of the story. He's such an adorable a Yeti.

I have 50th Anniversary fabric, but I've already made 3 Christmas quilts and I'm running out of time!

grannyann
December 14th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Thanks Sandy I needed a laugh today. Do you mind if I share your logic on my Fb omitting your name of course.

Sandy Navas
December 14th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Hey, Ann - I stole it from the internet - so have at it!!!

(Don't anyone ever be deceived into thinking everything I post comes originally from my witty brain . . . )

grannyann
December 14th, 2014, 10:58 PM
You are a riot Sandy. Thanks for making me smile.

309Bella
December 15th, 2014, 12:22 AM
That made my day!!!!

easyquilts
December 15th, 2014, 12:24 AM
You are absolutely right, Sandy!

BobW
December 15th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Hey, Ann - I stole it from the internet - so have at it!!!

(Don't anyone ever be deceived into thinking everything I post comes originally from my witty brain . . . )

So you dear Sis are saying even you aren't that disturbed? Ha Ha Ha! But I love ya anyway!

Genny
December 15th, 2014, 01:51 AM
According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December.
Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.
We should have known... ONLY women would be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost.

Absolutely!!!

bscuzz
December 15th, 2014, 02:47 AM
Hmm, why do you think those girls got such masculine names - ya think the 'fat man with the beard' was practicing 'gender discrimination????? :icon_giggle:

irishrn
December 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM
OMG. I am so copying this for the peeps at work!!!