PDA

View Full Version : mad monkey....

bubba
December 14th, 2014, 07:25 PM
The day started off with what sounded like a gunshot....I continued to lay in bed. Then we went back to Ikea to return things we bought in error and pickup what we really needed. Then he figured out most of the things he just returned he was buying again. The day is just halfway over, and now he has locked his keys in a running vehicle of which I have no idea where the spare key is. Oh....and someone siphoned gas out his truck too. Woe is me......

Where or where is my cloak of invisibility??

Did I mention, that yes, what I thought sounded like a gunshot, was indeed a gunshot?

Carrie J
December 14th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Or your invisible jet! Ugh, does not sound like fun, nor a good day Pat!

Sandy Navas
December 14th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Don't feel bad. I was driving, Hubby and Li'l Sis buckled in on the way to a Brooks and Dunn concert. Someone said they were hungry - so I pulled in and stopped at the closest place I found (not in the best part of town). We went inside, had a nice, though quick, dinner. And when we started out the door I realized I no longer had the car keys. We searched and searched. Okay, outside we find them - with the driver's door wide open, the rest of the car locked down tight, and the engine running . . .

I have absolutely NO idea!!!

lapeoples
December 14th, 2014, 07:52 PM
The only time I locked my keys in a running car I also had my infant in there, too. Not fun.

Iris Girl
December 14th, 2014, 07:58 PM
I only locked my keys in the car once, when I worked 50 miles away. Thank goodness the car was new and I just called the roadside assistance and they made it better.
After that every one in the family gets a key to each vehicle plus we have a spare for each hanging in the house. I also have a spare in my wallet.
Hope Mad Monkey feels better.

bubba
December 14th, 2014, 08:00 PM
It hasn't gotten any better. He is now on his way to Auto Zone....seems said truck needs a new battery :(

Marty
December 14th, 2014, 08:04 PM
A little too much excitement for me. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Sandy Navas
December 14th, 2014, 08:09 PM

Feeling for you - Auto Zone is definitely a copout!

Doloris
December 14th, 2014, 08:09 PM
he is probably rethinking this whole sewing room with Ikea stuff in it. He will be glad to go to work tonight

songbird857
December 14th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Ugh... hope the rest of your day/evening is better!

bubba
December 14th, 2014, 09:51 PM
MM does not work on Sunday nights!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Doloris
December 14th, 2014, 09:52 PM
MM does not work on Sunday nights!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
uh oh!!!!!!!! better start sewing something so you look busy!!!

BobW
December 15th, 2014, 12:48 AM
To quote my dear departed mom, "Scratch you mad place and get glad!" So tell MM to scratch (you know the way monkeys do that) and to get glad he has you!

bscuzz
December 15th, 2014, 03:01 AM
The valet at our favorite restaurant used to do that for us! Wasn't that nice of the valet to anticipate when you were ready to go??? ;)

Sandy Navas
December 15th, 2014, 12:21 PM
To quote my dear departed mom, "Scratch you mad place and get glad!" So tell MM to scratch (you know the way monkeys do that) and to get glad he has you!

Momma used to tell me that, too. All the time!!

klgls
December 15th, 2014, 07:21 PM

My mom still says "You can just get glad in the pants you got mad in." :)