PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning

Ginny B
December 14th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Nice and sunny here this morning. Even though we were out late last night, I woke before 7, made a cup of tea and headed into my sewing room for a bit. I got the borders on the last tablerunner in a set of 4 that I am making for someone. I'll finish them later.

We got the area in the living room all ready for our Christmas tree. We are going pick it out today. Christmas is fast approaching, as well as the arrival of my son and dil, so this elf needs to get herself in gear and get ready.

Have a great Sunday everyone

Sandy Navas
December 14th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Hey, Ginny, it's Sunday morning here, too. Unfortunately I woke to the sound of a mouse in the wall. Not looking forward to that!!

Sure hope everyone has some kind of sunshine in their day. We do need it in one form or another.

Off to work on my log cabin blocks today. Time's wasting.

Grandma Nan
December 14th, 2014, 10:59 AM
The weather here looks pretty dull and uneventful which is a-ok for today. Driving grandkids home today and it is about a 3 hour drive.

I finished the binding on quilts #1& #2 on Friday night. I have 3 more for a total of 5 coming from M* which I expected on Friday but didn't get them. The mail is pretty busy this time of year. So yesterday I felt sort of at loose ends on what to sew while waiting. Didn't really feel like getting into a big new project so I decided to do pillowcases. I made 5 yesterday afternoon to match the quilts. So that was my Saturday.

Today I will mostly be in the car and tomorrow I will be again for the return trip. That's why I was hoping to have my quilts so i could have worked on my bindings. Oh well, I'm looking forward to working on them and also to see them since they were quilted. Is it just me or do you think your quilts take on a whole new look once they are quilted and bound?

MayinJerset
December 14th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Sunny Sunday here, we've had many dark rainy days the past week so yesterday and today's sunshine is so very welcome. Still have a few leftover Christmas decorations to put away and this afternoon last gift shopping. That leaves a few days next week for a marathon gift wrapping in the dining room, first ones to be wrapped at the ones that need to be mailed.

DS#2 and DIL stopped by yesterday afternoon after visiting her parent's grave, cemetery is in next town. They volunteered to take the 3 boxes of dinnerware I bought for their oldest DD's bridal shower on the 27th. I'm going to paste photos of the white dinnerware pieces on a colored poster board and wrap that as my gift - so big boxes to wrap and no heavy boxes to carry into the restaurant the shower is being held at. They didn't stay for dinner as they were on their way to pick out a tree.

Took a package of thin chicken breasts out from the freezer for tonight's dinner. I haven't cooked a meal since Wednesday night. Thursday we had a long late lunch at a friend's house, Friday I had a long late lunch with my Granny cousins and yesterday DH felt like pizza so I didn't say No. Need to get back to some plain but tasty food, breaded chicken breast lightly sautéed in frying pan then put onto a paper lined sheet pan to finish cooking in the oven, steamed broccoli and carrots and some plain rice. Since the over will be on I think instead of rice I'll made some crescent rolls I have in the fridge. Have to be good once in awhile although it's difficult this time of the year when everyone wants to share their special but very fattening goodies. We have a big gift package of Godiva chocolates that we're not opening until we have a crowd in the house so they can help us eat the chocolates.

Cathy F
December 14th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Morning all.

A quick hello this morning as I have a zillion things I want to do today, will be lucky if I accomplish one or two of them! Got my fabric order from M* yesterday so I need to get a zig zag runner done for a gift.
Have to start thinking about the Christmas dinner and the menu then get shopping. I'm thinking a pork roast, just had turkey for Thanksgiving and don't feel like that again. Hmmm, what's everyone else making? Send some yummy ideas my way!
Haven't baked any cookies yet so that's on the to do list this week also. Can someone please postpone Christmas for another week! :)

Jean Sewing Machine
December 14th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Good morning all! I got up early yesterday and finished a quilt for a friend's daughter. It needed bindings, quilting and binding. My energy held out and got it finished plus a pillowcase to match! Then I was DONE for the day! I laid around all afternoon resting up for a theatre event last night that several of my friends were in! The Great American Trailer Park Christmas! Not an earth shattering plot and some trashy talk, but a fun and entertaining show! Today I'm taking my grand kids to our local adult community band's Christmas Concert. They always entertain well! My grandson is starting to play the saxophone, I want him to see what a great band can sound like, hoping to inspire him to stick with playing his instrument.

I have one finished quilt ready to go on the quilt frame, then a top to build for my daughter, at least those pieces are cut, and I started piecing it. It has a lot of different blocks, but I have lots of fabric, so I should be able to get it together. Hopefully I'll get to work on it this week.

Have a great day!

Carrie J
December 14th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Good Morning all! Yesterday was sunny and lovely, this morning, back to the dull, dingy skies AND more rain! Good thing I cut out two quilt patterns yesterday, and found some crochet hook case patterns. Won't be moseying about today, it's game day, or evening. So, I'll start the next project(s). and using the crockpot. What a wonderful invention, and works so well this time of year! Hubs is up and coffee should arrive soon, so off to start the day. Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them! :D

CarolynK
December 14th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Good Sunday Morning!

I was gone all day yesterday so got nothing done but got up early this morning and cleared the decks, got laundry going, the hubs is making breakfast as I type and I'm going into my sewing room right after breakfast. I have GOT to get that tree skirt finished and under the tree. Then I just plan on some me time sewing and quilting.

We had steak for dinner last night...yum! Burritos tonight and some Christmas movies. Plan to keep track of the Packer game...Go Pack! Hope you all have a blessed day and enjoy.

~~Carolyn

BobW
December 14th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Hey, Ginny, it's Sunday morning here, too. Unfortunately I woke to the sound of a mouse in the wall. Not looking forward to that!!

Sure hope everyone has some kind of sunshine in their day. We do need it in one form or another.

Off to work on my log cabin blocks today. Time's wasting.

Sandy,

In the spirit of the Christmas holiday, I'm sending my best mouser to visit you. He always gets his mouse. You don't have to thank me, just knowing you don't have to worry about that mouse in the wall is all the thanks I need. Hugs, boB

PS: I'm sure this will get me off the Naughty list. :icon_woohoo:

buckeyequilter
December 14th, 2014, 01:18 PM
http://www.amusingtime.com/images/012/funny-santa-whose-idea-was-it-to-invite-frosty.jpg

Good morning....

We got the tree put up last night. Need to find some stuff to make the house look Christmasy....so when the kids come they won't think the have walked into the house of the Grinch.

Been out in my quilting room working on turtle heads and tails. I set up Christmas for the 27th with the kids so that gives me an extra week....we ususally do it the week-end before Christmas.

Need to get back out to the quilting room....everyone have a wonderful day! Prayers & Hugs

kimsophia
December 14th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Sandy,

In the spirit of the Christmas holiday, I'm sending my best mouser to visit you. He always gets his mouse. You don't have to thank me, just knowing you don't have to worry about that mouse in the wall is all the thanks I need. Hugs, boB

PS: I'm sure this will get me off the Naughty list. :icon_woohoo:

I had to forward that photo to my hunting/cat lover buddy!!! :D --Kim

Amy R
December 14th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Hehe Bob what a thoughtful idea for Sandy :D

It's grey outside and possibly misting/little snow particles? I haven't ventured out. I get to sleep in usually on Sundays which is really nice :)
Little one had a rough night, she woke up about 11 and fell apart, she couldn't be consoled. I eventually took her to mama's bed and after a bit (and release of pent up "beansies") she finally fell asleep. I'm not sure what time she woke up this am, she had to use her potty and I told her to go ahead and tell daddy on the couch what she was doing.
I'm going to make an appointment for her for next friday to her doctor. She's due for a check up and I want to tell them about the things going on with her lately... the nightmares, saying her head hurts every time we're in the car etc. It's probably all 'normal' stuff but better to err on the side of caution.
My neighbor who had the house fire beginning of august has been getting her house repaired/rebuilt inside. I truly hope and pray that they get it done in time for her to be back there by Christmas. The amount of damage though... not sure how much they've gotten done so far. The insurance company was nice enough to "lose" the first check for the contractor months ago. I'm going to try to get a quilt done for her soon, I figure neutral colors would go with anything. I might wait til I know what colors she's going with in her new living room.

Ginny, so happy you get to see sunshine today, really makes a difference in the day!

Have a good Sunday ladies and gents.

Monique
December 14th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Good afternoon. Sandy I could send you back that mouse trap if you need it.

Well I finally got all my Christmas cards addressed and stamped and ready to go out.

Now that the cards are done, I can go and quilt for a while.

Have a wonderful day friends.

toggpine
December 14th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Popping in to see what mischief you all are up to.

I'm headed to the kitchen for dough making AFTER I sandwich Mom's quilt. Hmmm. Maybe I had better wait, as I don't want it all creased when I get ready to quilt it. AND it will be easier to hide while just a top and backing.
Thanks for your help on that!

The kitchen it is then!

Make it a great day and share your smile with someone!
Hugs, Cathy

Sheep Farmer
December 14th, 2014, 02:56 PM
It's Sunday here, too, in Kentucky!
Dreary grey day outside, so I'm spending the day inside doing a little Christmas decorating (just a little).
I got up late this morning; slept in till 8:30.
My pig, Gipsi, was screaming at me to feed her!
She gets real angry when I'm late. 94864
The sheep were all out in the back pasture, so I didn't get a chance to see them at all.
(I love my sheep!)
It's almost noon now, and I'm gonna go make myself some breakfast and relax.
I can't do any sewing since I'm waiting on the last bit of fabric, but I did cut all my pieces for the D9P quilt I'll be starting next week (my first quilt). I'm excited to finally be starting.

Mpyles
December 14th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Sunny Sunday here as well! Trying to finish up my family quilt! Back to work so I can get outside!! Enjoy your days!!

pcbatiks
December 14th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Pretty day here and mild temp.........it could be like this everyday! :D Still not through shopping. :icon_rolleyes: Why am I so indecisive?! I did manage to bake two kinds of cookies this morning and mix up a third batch. I'll bake that after lunch......which will be gumbo at my parents house.......yummy! Wrapping gifts this afternoon and getting our son & his GF's Christmas care package ready to mail!

Hope everyone has time to do the things they want to do today.........have a good one!