PDA

View Full Version : It's Beginning to Feel a lot like a Night Owl Christmas...

MayinJerset
December 14th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Thought I'd give Cathy a hand with the Christmas carol themes. Not really a Night Owl tonight as I haven't been to bed yet. Was finally a warmer sunny day so DH and I got the outside tree decorated with lights. It looks pretty good so it really is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. Just a quick run through Kohl's tomorrow will do it for my shopping. We were going to go this afternoon but DS#2 and DIL stopped by. They had been to cemetery to visit DIL's parent's grave to lay down a fresh evergreen blanket. DIL's broken wrist is healing nicely, her cast should be off around the 19th so she'll be cast free for her DD's wedding right after Christmas.

Feel like a cup of tea and maybe one or two of those nice Christmas cookies I bought last week. Opened the package when DS and DIL were here. The cookies really taste like the butter cookies I make so I may be picking up some more packages to include in my Christmas cookie gifts. Such a cute white sugar covered snow man, red sugar sprinkled star and green sugar sprinkled tree and no mixing. rolling, cutting out, decorating or baking involved and the price per package is reasonable so what's not to like.

toggpine
December 14th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Thanks May!

If we have to go to bed and get back up to be considered Night Owls, I'm breaking ALL of the rules!

I just stay up until I can't see straight anymore. Then I finish the last seam, and head for the sack. Usually, once I'm in, that's it unless nature calls, but I can manage that only half awake. So it's easy enough to go back to bed.

I've got the corner blocks all cut and have finished the middle layer. One more to go and I'll be able to do the final assembly of the block! Whoo hoo!

I will be cranking out some sugar cookie dough tomorrow so it can be chillin' for Monday's cookie party. OR If I make it in the early AM we could get some done tomorrow evening. We'll see.

Gotta go press those Square in a Square blocks and get on with this!

Sweet dreams!

lapeoples
December 14th, 2014, 08:21 AM
I got lucky today - dog didn't want out until 3! That's my normal weekday time to get up so I was awake anyway.

MayinJerset
December 14th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Night owl time is any time you're up and wanting to checkout what's been happening on the forum so stop by whenever you can.