PDA

View Full Version : Back It Up...Back It Up...Back It Up

Racing Nana
December 13th, 2014, 12:29 PM
So, my laptop is my lifeline for ALL my embroidery files and editing software.

Problem.....the little 'ol 'puter is acting kinda funny as of late.

Solution....back the blasted thing up on my external hard drive BEFORE things get ugly.

End Result....breathing a sigh of relief.

I feel like I have just accomplished a major preemptive strike against all things electronic.

So all those out there that have such a lifeline.....take a few minutes and BACK IT UP. (just sayin')

We don't think about the stuff we store on our computers that cannot be retrieved once the black screen of death appears, or worse yet, the telltale wisps of smoke.

Sandy Navas
December 13th, 2014, 01:09 PM
There's a new external, wireless PASSPORT available now . . . wonderful little gadgets.

Amazon.com: WD My Passport 1TB Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 Blue (WDBBEP0010BBL-NESN): Computers & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/Passport-Portable-External-Storage-WDBBEP0010BBL-NESN/dp/B007FQNKRC)

Eriepatch
December 13th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Glad you saved your computer stuff Lynn!
I use Carbonite and think it's a great value for $60 a year. I have had to use it twice since I got it and I got
everything on my computer back! I would always be lax in doing a backup but this way I don't have to.
There is NOTHING worse than losing stuff you value if you have a harddrive fail or some other kind of
computer crash. Just sayin :)

YellowCockatiel
December 13th, 2014, 11:34 PM
I back up my laptop EVERY Monday morning to my external hard drive. Mine is a 1.5TB external hard drive that I purchased from Staples Office Supply for $80 (on sale and had a $20 off coupon). You take care of your sewing machine, take care of your computer too!