PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Greetings

Ginny B
December 13th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Good morning all. This past week of being up and about earlier made me tired for sure. Add Christmas shopping at the mall last night and I was definitely done. So I slept in until 8:00!

We have a wedding to go to today (dh's nephew) so I won't get a whole lot accomplished today but my goal is to get the rest of the fall decorations away, clean the kitchen a bit (including swapping out my regular cups and mugs for the Christmas ones) and get the living room ready for the tree, which will arrive tomorrow.

I'd better get moving. I've only got a few hours to accomplish what I need to before it'll be time to stop and get ready for our night out.

Have a great day everyone.

pcbatiks
December 13th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Good morning Ginny and the rest of the forum gang. I'm still waiting for someone to take me up on the offer of free homemade cookies if you come clean my house! :D If Carrie J wanted to get out Santa's naughty list she would do it for me......but I don't think that's going to happen either. :icon_rofl: Oh well, guess what I need to do today.

We finally got our tree up but I still have a little shopping to do. I would like to finish another wall hanging but I don't know if that's going to happen.....so I have a backup gift ready. :)

If any of you are looking for a good Christmas gift idea for kids..........check out Bill Harley. He is a story teller for kids but grown ups enjoy the stories too. He does a wonderful job with his stories. He also has lots of cd's with children's songs but I much prefer the stories. You can listen to samples of his stories or songs on itunes.

Well, I need to get moving........I don't think Carrie J is going to show up so I better get busy! :D

Carrie J
December 13th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Morning All! Got up early, waited for Hubs to get up, coffee done and now time to tackle the day! Still Bah Humbug cloudy here, with more rain projected thru tomorrow, errrrrgh! But......I refuse to hunker down and hide in my sewing room, that worked out SOOOOO well for me yesterday, Not! LOL! Headed to BFF's, going to the LQS, pick up another BFF, do lunch, then the junk shops. Found THE perfect desk to inset my machine in, will get it it of layaway after Christmas. And our local handyman will make the adjustments for it. Have lots to do to rearrange the sewing room, but when done it will be more streamlined. Checked on my shipment for the Hunter's star template, ok this is nuts, shipped from CA, went to Windsor, CT, then back to TX for hopefully delivery today.........REALLY?!?!?! Is it just me, or does this make NOOOO sense whatsoever,heck they could have parachuted that puppy down as they flew over my house, ROFLMBO! THIS time of year, you really have to have a sense of humor! Off to begin the day, Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them. :D

Carrie J
December 13th, 2014, 12:46 PM
If Carrie J wanted to get out Santa's naughty list she would do it for me......but I don't think that's going to happen either.

ROFL Pam, sorry Sistah.......you wouldn't answer the doorbell, so came home and baked Snickerdoodles yesterday, (I was crushed I tellya!) it's all about the timing! or you can just come with us and terrorize NE Texas!! Get in dah car!!!!

pcbatiks
December 13th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Carrie........I like Snickerdoodles.......I'll leave the door unlocked! :D

Simply Quilting
December 13th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Good Morning! We had a great time last night at the freezer prep meals. It was a lot of fun chatting with ladies and getting some meals done.

I've got two at dress rehearsal for their Children's Choir program. Another will head out shortly for youth bowling league. We have a meeting to go to later today. And I have 25 gifts that need to get iron, put together and a binding put on for tomorrow. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. Originally, I was going to have them given out on the 21st but I'm afraid that a lot of people will be gone because it is the Sunday before Christmas. So off to sew.

Currently, watching the dog and cat watch the squirrel out the window. The squirrel is really telling them all about it as I can him chatter away.

Have a great Saturday everyone :)

Eriepatch
December 13th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Oops didn't see someone posted this in General Discussion!

buckeyequilter
December 13th, 2014, 02:10 PM
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphics-holiday/christmas/making-list-animals.gif

Hello.....

I think I have my Christmas shopping done...now to find some elves to wrap this stuff.

Went to the LQS to get some backing and border fabric for the turtle quilt. Then to K-Mart to pick up a few things. Now it's time to get out to my quilting room and get busy!

I think Jim is going to put the tree up sometime today and as I need a break I'll hang some ornaments on it. Need to get some of the house decorated up for Christmas.

Well off to find some food and then to the quilting room....have a wonderful day!!!!

Amy R
December 13th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Hello everyone!! We got our multi color light/ornament tree up today with the two step d's and soph. I put my few buildings up and some deco here and there. Working to get everything done, I want mom's quilt done by wed and hopefully dad's vest.
I have Christmas music blasting from my computer (pandora) to get the bah humbugs out of my morning and it's working really well!!! Crew is playing hide and seek.

I want to make some home made pierogies and goodies for when mom and dad get here.

Pam, if I lived closer I would clean for you!!! The promise of fresh baked cookies is icing on the... cookie LOL

Have a good day ladies and gents.
Here's tree #2 and soph taking stockings literally :D

Cathy F
December 13th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Hello all,
Morning is long gone and almost time to get dinner started and I"m just getting around to reading the morning thread. Got up early, got some cleaning done, some more decorations up, and actually got in the sewing room to make one of the storytime pillows for my grand niece. Felt like I had a productive day finally! Getting the list whittled down bit by bit. Will try to get back to the sewing room tonight to clean my mess up there before I start the next project.
Ginny- your definetly more disiplined than I am in getting things done!
Amy- your second tree looks great, and Sophie is too cute with the stockings!
And if someone would like to come and clean up my sewing room for me I'll bake cookies for them too!

Sandy Navas
December 13th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Everyone is asking - are there really sewing room fairies available? Where do I sign up?

Cathy F
December 13th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Sorry for the duplicate post hit the button twice by mistake!

Amy R
December 13th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Cathy, I'd have to clean my sewing room first... Im so afraid to linger in there it's a disaster!!! LOL

Navy Wife
December 13th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I finally got the sewing room almost clean. I still have to move some things upstairs to the garage sale pile (for next spring). I have so much junk to get rid of. I think it will take a spring sale and a fall sale to get rid of it. Even the garage won't hold it! I still have to change the bed in there to be ready for DD when she gets here. Her DH is staying at home with the sick dog. She had some surgery and they can't keep the stitches from pulling out. I hope by now all is better. Hannah is a super dog!