PDA

View Full Version : Grandma and the Boys

Grandma Nan
December 13th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Having a fun Christmas evening. All the kids landed in after school today cause parents all going out tonight. We made pizza for supper then had Christmas Funfetti cupcakes. After supper the boys put together foam Gingerbread house kits. We read a Christmas story and had hot chocolate. Kinda sounds like Norman Rockwell doesn't it ? I have so much fun with these guys cause they all love to do crafts so we often spend babysitting evenings doing some kind of a craft. It is so nice to be a grandma as when I am with them I totally focus on them and don't have to get other things like laundry and cleaning etc done. Then I send them home.

Papa
December 13th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Cute kids. I believe it was Gore Vidal who said you should never have kids. Only grandkids.

quiltingtrish
December 13th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Awwww, they are all so cute!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
December 13th, 2014, 12:27 AM
What a great looking crew! What are the age ranges? My boys are 11-6, 4 boys and one lonely 9 year old girl thrown in! Sounds like you had a great visit! Are they all going to sleep over? That ought to be fun!

asta
December 13th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Wow! What special memories you are creating with the boys.

Grandma Nan
December 13th, 2014, 12:35 AM
What a great looking crew! What are the age ranges? My boys are 11-6, 4 boys and one lonely 9 year old girl thrown in! Sounds like you had a great visit! Are they all going to sleep over? That ought to be fun!

Yes Jean everyone is sleeping over. As a matter of fact they are all sleeping right now. The cousins have fun together. The boys are 10, 7, 5, 4 and 18 months. No girls for me so if I want to sew for girls I have my sister's 2 granddaughters to satisfy my urge for pink.

stationarymom
December 13th, 2014, 02:45 AM
wow you have quite the crew there and it sounds like so much fun.Someday they are all going to be teens maybe they'll still come do crafts with Gram.

Cyndie
December 13th, 2014, 08:26 AM
You are a wonderful Grandma!! Those boys are adorable! Thanks for sharing...made me smile! (also, would you consider adopting a 60 yr. old girl who likes to do crafts and drink hot chocolate??!!LOL)

CarolynK
December 13th, 2014, 08:53 AM
That just looks like a whole lot of fun with Grandma!

Monique
December 13th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Precious moments for sure. Enjoy them now, they won't want to cuddle and all that stuff when they get older.

Bubby
December 13th, 2014, 09:50 AM
What a great looking bunch! Never a dull moment when they're around I'm sure!

klgls
December 13th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Aren't Grandkids the best!! Glad you had a great time making crafts and memories with Grandma.

cmhquilter
December 13th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I can't wait to do the same thing with my grandson when he gets older. Made a foam gingerbread house with my grand daughter the other night and had so much fun!

Ginny B
December 13th, 2014, 10:58 AM
What a wonderful bunch of boys. Sounds like a lot of fun. ��:)

Ahamblin
December 13th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Wonderful memories for all. Grandkids are the best. I currently only have one cutie but maybe more soon.

BobW
December 13th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Nan,

Some of my fondest memories of growing up is of things I did with my paternal grandmother. And then for reasons I won't go into here, I didn't get to know my maternal grandmother until I was an adult. I have wonderful memories of a couple of vacations and time we spent together. She loved to play cards and my wife and I would have her over for dinner and cards frequently.

Grandma's rock! And I'm sure you are one of the ROCKINunst ones around!

Sandy Navas
December 13th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I notice a couple of those boys have some darling impish looking grins. You may have to watch out for them. No one is crying because they had their drink taken away, either!! You are definitely making precious memories.

ilive2craft2
December 13th, 2014, 12:01 PM
You are definitely the fun grandma! Loved both of my grandma's dearly, but one was more fun than the other. She is the one that taught me to crochet and sewed clothes for my Barbies. Know that they will remember these fun times for a lifetime!

Carrie J
December 13th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Great picture, and what lovely memories and fun you're creating for them and yourself! How fun! :D

MayinJerset
December 13th, 2014, 12:19 PM
What a handsome crew of grandsons, I also noticed some impish expressions. Memories like the one they are having with you right now are things that money can never buy.

We used to have grandgirls over when they were younger for crafts, shows and a sleepover. Just the other day I found a little wooden easel that brought back the memory of me giving the 5 of them a painting lesson while sitting on our desk. Grandpa had made a little easel for each of them. Don't know if any of them remember anything about the painting lesson other than having a good time with their cousins. Funny to realize that now 3 of thems are married, a 4th is getting married on the 29th, 2 are mothers and the youngest one a senior in college. .

Simply Quilting
December 13th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Sounds like you are having a great time. Those boys look so adorable. I'm glad that you are making great memories for your grandsons.

Grandma Nan
December 14th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Thanks for all the great comments. I am almost ready to go to bed so I can't respond to everyone but you are all right. I am especially proud of all of them but aren't all grandmas? We are in that sweet spot where they still like to come hang out at our house but pretty soon the older 2 will want to stay home by themselves when mom and dad go out. I guess that's the way we all were.

If you noticed sparkle in the eyes, its cause they are all full of energy and that was maximum effort to stay there quiet that long.

I am very lucky that my kids are fairly close. My oldest son (the 3 older DGSs.) and middle daughter live her in Kingston. My youngest (2 littler DGSs) lives about 3.5 hours away but we get to see them fairly often so I am able to have a close relationship with them all. Hope that continues as they start to get into their teens but you never know..

And yes, I would adopt a 60 yo who likes to do crafts. I need a friend too. LOL.

So thanks for looking at my pictures.

share60
December 14th, 2014, 01:42 AM
My sentiments are the same when i was lucky enough to have the grandkids come and play with Oma the house cleaning was totally ignored lol and I so enjoyed my time with them
seasons greetings
Shareen