PDA

View Full Version : I've been a sick sewing fool.....

Sonic
December 12th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Seriously! Both sick and sewing..:0
Started with a terrible migraine last weekend, then add in one very unhappy tummy, a very achy body plus major exhaustion and that pretty much describes me since then. I'm sorry if I worried anyone, but I get the double whammy when I do get sick because I still have to care for the kiddo, all the critters, and the farm. Bleh!
I either got some gluten in me somehow or I caught the bug du jour from kiddo. While he is generally healthy immune wise... schools are nothing but pitri dishes and that sweet little boy of mine brings everything home for mom.

I am feeling somewhat human again for the first time in 6 days and am happy to report that I used some of my sick time (when I was awake) to work on kiddo's quilt. It's almost done with only the binding to go. Yay!
Hopefully I can post some pics of it next week.

My tip for the week...spray basting does indeed smell really awful when the tum tum is not a happy camper. 94699

Midge
December 12th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Awful to feel so sick but then have to stick to the regular chores that wear you out when you are well! Feel better soon.

K. McEuen
December 12th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Glad you are starting to feel human again. I agree totally that schools are just a breeding grounds for germs, so glad I am over my kid being in school and dragging all that home!

Carrie J
December 12th, 2014, 09:42 PM
So glad you're on the mend and back amongst the living Leah! :D And wow, being laid low by the bug and doing everything else as well, tough, tough job, heart goes out to ya. BUT, you did get some sewing in (WHOOOPIE) and really looking forward to your pics!!!!
Ummmm, yeah, spray basting and a green tummy, not a good combo!!! OY!

Sandy Navas
December 12th, 2014, 11:36 PM
You know we missed you and sent good vibes, right? Usually nausea means . . . .

toggpine
December 13th, 2014, 12:36 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

The farm doesn't usually let you have a sick day does it? Glad to hear you were at least able to make some progress on the quilt though!

Here's to things looking up and staying down!

Sonic
December 13th, 2014, 01:42 AM
You know we missed you and sent good vibes, right? Usually nausea means . . . .
Someone was sending something.... and I'm betting it was sewing fairies because I was still able to sew a little bit, which is something I've barely had time to do since the middle of October!

As for the nausea....:lol:...I kinda wish that was something I would have to worry about again.
But alas, there is no Mr. Sonic anymore. ;)

Sonic
December 13th, 2014, 01:46 AM
The farm doesn't usually let you have a sick day does it?
Some of the toughest (and furriest) bosses I've had yet. :D

Simply Quilting
December 13th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Glad you are on the mend. Don't you wish there were days that you could call in sick with the farm? The animals are always quick to remind you that you have to work. I've had calves that the moment the sun was rising thought they needed their bottles and let you know it until their were fed.