PDA

View Full Version : Poster child for Doofus?Der/Drat mistakes!

Carrie J
December 12th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Today started off pretty good, putzed around doing laundry, changing linens the usual Friday stuff, then headed to the sewing room. Seeing as how it was raining buckets, thought this would be better than terrorizing the LQS. MmmmmHmmmmm, started off using the Hancy pounce pads (works awesome, love 'em) on two borders, different quilts, fast exact and brush the pink chalk off-WHOOP!. Got those done, washed and wrapped. THEN I started working on my quilt, ruler-check, mat-check, new blade-check. Refer to the pattern, and I'm off........................................yeah I was off alright, screwed up cutting the strips and discovered I should have cut 2" strips NOT 2 1/2, and the middle strips SHOULD have been 3" not 2 1/2.................grrrrr! Will def need to hit the LQS manana. Blew my sewing for today, put everything quietly up and decided to make Snickerdoodles. It really did call for homemade cookies and cold milk, seriously it did!

K. McEuen
December 12th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Just look at it as you got a head start on making your own jelly roll strips. I think sometimes we have the precut sizes embedded in our brain and all the other measurements sort of fly out the window.

Hopefully you didn't burn your cookies.

irishrn
December 12th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Carrie! Some days just go like that!
But at least you can use the 2 1/2 strips for a log cabin flying geese! That pattern was so cool!!!
After a night sleep it will be all better!!! :-)

Carrie J
December 12th, 2014, 08:29 PM
True Karen, brain set for precuts............................and nope, no burnt cookies :

MMMMMMM cookies GOOD!

Carrie J
December 12th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Carrie! Some days just go like that!
But at least you can use the 2 1/2 strips for a log cabin flying geese! That pattern was so cool!!!
After a night sleep it will be all better!!! :-)

I agree Eileen, that goose/cabin tut was the BOMB!

Hulamoon
December 12th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I love snickerdoodles! My dd was making them from cake mix , but I decided to make from scratch last Christmas, I gave some to my neighbor and she said it was her favorite cookie. I hope that was true. lol

K. McEuen
December 12th, 2014, 08:47 PM
I love Snickerdoodles. And you get that added benefit when making them of the house smelling like warm cinnamon. I've not done any baking for Christmas yet (being on juries and on call for jury duty all month is putting a major cramp in my Christmas prep) but I think I will at least bake a batch of snickerdoodles this year. And fudge.

bubba
December 12th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I feel your pain, however this is one of the best posts I have read today!!! That said, I'll stop.

Carrie J
December 12th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Cookies make the world swell again y'all! Hubs has a nose like a bloodhound, smelled the cinnamon and hit the kitchen like a freight train! Try warding off a cookie junkie (much worse than me!) with spatula with no heft to it! LOL! Cookie baking Karen (ugh Jury Duty call!), is like Nirvana around here (and who doesn't love the smell of cinnamon!), that starts next week, just curious how many will actually be left for Christmas week!

Lorie, mine are from scratch (cake mix-wha? That's cheatin'), this time of year I LOVE to bake (Snickerdoodles I make a ton of), much to dismay of Hub's waistline. Pat, LOL!

Sonic
December 12th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Kiddo LOVES snickerdoodles.
(of course ours have to be different though....)

Hey! How did I get on the naughty list pep squad??? ....:icon_surprised:
I've just been home mindin' my own beeswax and burning through the tissue box!
I didn't do nuthin'!!

Hulamoon
December 12th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Cookies make the world swell again y'all! Hubs has a nose like a bloodhound, smelled the cinnamon and hit the kitchen like a freight train! Try warding off a cookie junkie (much worse than me!) with spatula with no heft to it! LOL! Cookie baking Karen (ugh Jury Duty call!), is like Nirvana around here (and who doesn't love the smell of cinnamon!), that starts next week, just curious how many will actually be left for Christmas week!

Lorie, mine are from scratch (cake mix-wha? That's cheatin'), this time of year I LOVE to bake (Snickerdoodles I make a ton of), much to dismay of Hub's waistline. Pat, LOL!
It is cheating, but she does a lot of last min stuff. They aren't too bad.

https://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cookies-bars/Duncan%20Hines%C2%AE/snickerdoodles/

Carrie J
December 12th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Kiddo LOVES snickerdoodles.
(of course ours have to be different though....)

Hey! How did I get on the naughty list pep squad??? ....:icon_surprised:
I've just been home mindin' my own beeswax and burning through the tissue box!
I didn't do nuthin'!!

Muahahahaha! Who else could I put in charge of the Pep Squad? Hmmmmmm? ROFL! Snooze, ya lose! :D ok, ok, maybe a lil slack for being puny!

Carrie J
December 12th, 2014, 10:43 PM
It is cheating, but she does a lot of last min stuff. They aren't too bad.

https://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cookies-bars/Duncan%20Hines%C2%AE/snickerdoodles/

Thanks Lorie, I'll try them out on the original cookie monster, the Hubs! :D

Angelia
December 13th, 2014, 01:50 AM
I have a pizza cutting ruler if you need to borrow it to recut your strips. :)

bubba
December 13th, 2014, 02:05 AM
:icon_attention: Pat likes snickerdoodles!! :icon_attention:

ilive2craft2
December 13th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Sorry about your miscuts, but if it ends in snickerdoodles all is good in my world! Love snickerdoodles!