PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble navigating the site?

TamiLee
December 12th, 2014, 01:45 PM
The last few days (4 maybe?) I've been having terrible trouble navigating the site - and I've never had a hitch before! I get the error message "this page cannot be displayed" multiple times, in trying to go from one page to another. When I hit "fix connection problems", there never is a problem. I go back, wait a few minutes, try again, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've never had one ounce of trouble on this site before, and have been SO impressed! Anyone else experiencing any 'glitches'?

Oh - and another funny things - three times today when I've started up/gone to a new page, I've gotten an 'advertisement banner' telling me the April Block magazine is now in, and ready to order...! I'm sure that's a strange thing for the middle of December!!!!!

(actually when hitting 'submit new thread' I got the error again! I'm going to resubmit the thread in a few minutes... )

(nope - still didn't go; got the error message again.)

Marki
December 12th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I haven't had the problem you have but I am unable to view anything when searching for fabrics/notions to buy. I have contacted M*QC and they tell me I am the only one who has reported this problem. All was well with the site until about 2-3 months ago. Then suddenly I cannot view fabric when searching/trying to buy. Very frustrating. Sure can't buy what I can't see. Hope your problem can be resolved in a timely manner.

snippet
December 12th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I had that trouble for a few days lately too TamiLee! I rebooted and it seems to have cleared up.

K. McEuen
December 12th, 2014, 06:02 PM
I get very sluggish pages once in a while. The last time I noticed it I checked on 3 different browsers and two different computers and got the same thing, so I know it was something with the site here. It went away after a couple hours and it happened two days in a row. I had let Al know and he checked, said something about some bots crawling the site, but that normally didn't affect things. I'm sure issues like this are what is making him consider a forum upgrade as far as the software it runs on. More security, better performance.

One thing you might try is clearing cache and cookies, rebooting and logging back into the site. It amazes me sometimes how a reboot of a Windows system can clear so many annoying issues up. I normally leave my computer on 24/7 but really try to reboot it at least once a week to keep things running smoothly.

And that April announcement for Block was something Shea added (or it got added in that time frame) and I can see where the announcements like that are made, but don't quite have enough forum permissions to kill it. Need to have admin status.

TamiLee
December 12th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Well... I have rebooted, and it didn't seem to clear it up.

I will log out, and try once again.

Sure hope this clears up!! :icon_beuj:

JCY
December 13th, 2014, 12:28 AM
I never leave my laptop on 24/7. I always shut down between uses. I've not experienced the problems mentioned here. Sometimes, I can't view all the products within a category. I might see 100-200 of them, but it won't scroll down to let me see the rest of them, which is frustrating.

GrammaBabs
December 22nd, 2014, 11:39 AM
Having the same issues and that's rare for here... Will do the reboot at some point,,, just HATE having to sign in and out,,, had to change PW a while back and too lazy to look it up... LOL

Lots to do so not a problem,, just want to post a pic.. then get crackin' on my Christmas finish............B

Jean Sewing Machine
December 22nd, 2014, 11:42 AM
This morning for about 3 hours, I couldn't get to the website, said server not found. Since I could access other sites, I assumed they were having server issues.

ceiliam
December 22nd, 2014, 02:37 PM
must have been as I have been unable to get into site for several hours just got in

Bubby
December 22nd, 2014, 02:54 PM
I couldn't get to M* this morning for hours! I kept getting the message about not being able to open the page. It said it was a DSN error. I'm in now and it feels good!

K. McEuen
December 22nd, 2014, 03:11 PM
I was in late last night and trying to ban a spammer and the site locked up or went down. I have no clue if the server was having problems or it was under a spam attack. I did get back on and managed to ban said spammer so I won!

Sylvia H
December 22nd, 2014, 04:20 PM
I've had problems today, but not before today. I would keep getting a message that the server dropped the connection.